Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Feedback on the new mounts and Mog patio

So I just watched the video showing these new features off and wanted to give some feedback:

New mounts are awesome, I loved the Taru on the crab but the female side saddle stance on the tiger looks terrible.. I really hope they are in an early stage or are being reworked.

The side saddle sitting motion for females when you are moving forward is already weird (especially when she is looking to the side too) but it just looks odd and the way she rides, it looks unnatural.

As for the new mog patio / garden, are we getting a skybox and some big windows on the side? As much as I love all these mog house expansions they do kind of feel like a prison with how closed in they are, even if it's just a static drawn background instead of actual rendered scenery that shows out the window it will help so much.

Windows are really, really important on a space as confined as these are.

Oh and if anyone hasn't seen the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWbrPsOJbkk
    New mounts ~ 1 hour 10 mins mark.
    New Mog patio at 1 hour 17 ish
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 03-16-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The side saddle sitting motion for females when you are moving forward is already weird (especially when she is looking to the side too) but it just looks odd and the way she rides, it looks unnatural.
    I agree. Hopefully it was just a placeholder until they could make a proper animation.
    (0)

I like it. But Its looks placeholder-ee/Alpha build, as you can tell by how it barely fits on the tiger, which is not unusual considering its probably a whiles off
    (0)

Character
    Shyles
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I like the side saddle look! Can't wait!
    (1)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Can we get any info on mounts? Will they be more useful than the chocobo feature? Can we use them inside towns or dungeons and are they quick and easy to use/dismount?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    Can we get any info on mounts? Will they be more useful than the chocobo feature? Can we use them inside towns or dungeons and are they quick and easy to use/dismount?
    It's almost surely a cosmetic feature, just as extra mounts are in other games.

Functionally, it will probably work exactly the same as the personal chocobo- use a whistle/horn/whatever to call it and /dismount to get off.
    (0)

The new mounts are coming in the April version update, so you can expect to hear some more information about them in the days leading up to it! Stay tuned!
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's almost surely a cosmetic feature, just as extra mounts are in other games.

Functionally, it will probably work exactly the same as the personal chocobo- use a whistle/horn/whatever to call it and /dismount to get off.
    You have 0 information to make that claim.. hence why I asked the question. I suppose we'll just have to wait.
    (1)

Hopefully it's not as cumbersome and obnoxious as chocobo raising.
    (0)

Character
    Fiyaro
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    where are the translations for these videos? No love the the English audience?
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast