Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    There is a huge difference between "stop liking what I don't like" and "stop wasting development resources on duplicating already existing yet useless/pointless content".

They want to do something about mounts? Make chocobos useful. Don't add new chocobos.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    There is a huge difference between "stop liking what I don't like" and "stop wasting development resources on duplicating already existing yet useless/pointless content".

They want to do something about mounts? Make chocobos useful. Don't add new chocobos.
    I am fine with them adding new mounts but I'd really like it if the chocobos we raised could get a buff... like ... say, bring them all up to rental base speed and stamina and allow any training to be on top of that? Just seems unfair to have them be gimpy.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I am fine with them adding new mounts but I'd really like it if the chocobos we raised could get a buff... like ... say, bring them all up to rental base speed and stamina and allow any training to be on top of that? Just seems unfair to have them be gimpy.
    You're failing to get what I'm trying to say:

When was the last time you used your chocobo?

I know when the last time I used mine was: About two years ago when some new friends started playing and I wanted to show them this awesome blue bird that was slow as hell that I spent several months of my life working on that was useless before it was even hatched.

The restrictions on areas within which you can summon your mounts, combined with the availability of fast travel, make mounts so close to completely worthless that I'm going to go ahead to the extreme of saying that not only was spending timing implementing new mounts time wasted, but that simply considering whether or not to add new mounts was time wasted.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

I know when the last time I used mine was: About two years ago when some new friends started playing and I wanted to show them this awesome blue bird that was slow as hell that I spent several months of my life working on that was useless before it was even hatched.

The restrictions on areas within which you can summon your mounts, combined with the availability of fast travel, make mounts so close to completely worthless that I'm going to go ahead to the extreme of saying that not only was spending timing implementing new mounts time wasted, but that simply considering whether or not to add new mounts was time wasted.
    The only reason I don't use my chocobo much is too many of the new places they added since the start of the game chocobos can't be used in. Also I'd really like it if both these mounts and the personal chocobo could be called with a command instead of via an item with limited charges. It's really silly, and that tax on their use is really unnecessary because its only purpose is to validate the rental chocobo's continued existence.

But as I've said before and I'll say again, just because you didn't want something doesn't mean it was a waste.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's really silly, and that tax on their use is really unnecessary because its only purpose is to validate the rental chocobo's continued existence.
    It's true, in the past they needed rentals as a gil-sink (remember 4k gil for a chocobo at Mea?). Today, rentals account for a such a tiny fraction of gil leaving the game, they may as well be free. It's time to make summoned mounts free and unlimited.
    (0)

I used my (slow blue) chocobo a couple days ago when I was doing RoV questing... Anyway, I don't disagree that removing some restrictions on mounts would be nice, I am just emphasizing that I'd also appreciate it if personal chocobos got the same benefits since we paid to raise them etc. I'd also like them to be at least as good (not even better, just at least as good) as the new mounts in terms of speed etc...
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Personally, I simply don't want to see stuff that jars you from the experience that is Vana'diel--ie, people on unicorns, behemoths, ahriman...Vana'diel tends to take itself fairly seriously and having people flying around on demons? Not so much.

Yes to the armored chocobos though!
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4