Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    A magic resistant mob covers all those bases. Everyone TPs so ridiculously fast with haste (spell) and march/geo-haste that the type of melee you bring really doesn't matter.

People don't particularly care whether to nukers are GEO, SCH, RDM, or BLM so long as one sc results in the mob dying.

Give me a mob designed for SC damage, and I'll bring a monk, drg, samurai, I don't care. I already do, just for only one spot in the party.

Another reason Apex Colibri would be perfect: Feather Tickle stops putting an acc check on the tank, and lets them be more concerned about tanking (which is hard on newbies, being tankable enough, and meeting acc checks).
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    If such a mob existed that gave a significant amount of CP for defeating it, I'm sure there would be more of an interest in it. The problem is that, for the entire of history of this game, enemies never rewarded players in a way that corresponded to their actual difficulty. Many of the NMs today are significantly more difficult to beat than Apex crabs. But I don't see them giving us one JP per kill.
    Oh it exists. Hard to hit without some kind of campaign and ring I think. Mot really sure if it's actual cap or display though at least as far as rings were concerned different characters got different amounts despite the same display. ie some wore some didn't

(0)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-23-2016 at 01:41 PM.

I think he means that bosses never rewarded experience in proportion to their difficulty in comparison to the extermination of the crabs.

SR gives 10k capacity points, I think? A single crab during campaign does that much. SR takes at least 10 minutes. A crab takes at most a minute.

Now granted, SR offers the potential of great loot, but let's be honest: the box has junk most of the time.

It's easy to explain why some rings wore faster when some didn't, if everyone was getting 65,535: Some people were getting a larger bonus from their rings to reach that cap than others.
    (1)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Now granted, SR offers the potential of great loot, but let's be honest: the box has junk most of the time.
    Should just change that last option to "1 Job Point." It was cute the first time a linkshell member said Balamor had the amazing magickal powers of converting 5000 Bayld to 1000 Bayld, but that joke runs dry just after one or two uses.
    (1)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Not a bad thought, but 5 job points at least. It's going to take most good groups at least 10 minutes, as much as 20. 5 job points is more than reasonable.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I think he means that bosses never rewarded experience in proportion to their difficulty in comparison to the extermination of the crabs.

SR gives 10k capacity points, I think? A single crab during campaign does that much. SR takes at least 10 minutes. A crab takes at most a minute.

It's easy to explain why some rings wore faster when some didn't, if everyone was getting 65,535: Some people were getting a larger bonus from their rings to reach that cap than others.
    Mob isn't much stronger than most apex though a tad more annoying..

As far as what happened certainly possible it used up the ring then applied the cap literally making part of the ring do nothing. Or maybe it didn't been awhile since I tried it and honestly didn't expect that much. Also been awhile since they've done a cp bonus that wasn't tied to chains
    (0)

Player
    In a game with vastly more DPS jobs and a few mages it's hilarious how they have set the current capacity point party system.

Most people can't even get into these parties.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I'm glad they made the Crawler's Nest S so big that half a dozen soloers, two AoE parties, and 9 different bot groups can fit in the zone. They should just replace every mob in quifim with Apex Colibri to show what the game is anymore.
    (0)

Player
    Colibri can reflect any magic cast on them.
    (0)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast