Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah, just wait a couple months they will be back down to 50k a stack again and you can buy your afterglow for a cool 5 mil, easy peasy.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    How many / what do you need if you're one of the 10 people who actually went through the trouble of an afterglow?
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    You only need one if you have an afterglow.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

To be honest, I don't think it's hard, but it is a lengthy, time consuming process. But if you think about it, it takes longer to collect 3000 riftdross/riftcinders, 250 marrows, and 150 scorias for afterglow. I think 3000 riftdross/riftcinders should be adjusted to 300 to keep it balanced with the low requirements of marrows and scorias.

Other than that, people will be spamming BCNMs and trading up CVs to hit this goal. I say it may take about 3 months to pull off.
    (1)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It cost over a billion gil to create a mythic or empy afterglow, quit your complaining.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    To be honest, I don't think it's hard, but it is a lengthy, time consuming process. But if you think about it, it takes longer to collect 3000 riftdross/riftcinders, 250 marrows, and 150 scorias for afterglow. I think 3000 riftdross/riftcinders should be adjusted to 300 to keep it balanced with the low requirements of marrows and scorias.

Other than that, people will be spamming BCNMs and trading up CVs to hit this goal. I say it may take about 3 months to pull off.
    I'd actually dare to say collecting 250 Marrow is significantly less time consuming and easier than 10,000 Plutons. ADL is a joke on BST these days and while theres still a luck factor with his death BS, you can easily farm multiple pop sets in a single run, netting you maybe 3~9 or more Marrow a run, which you can do back to back now in Dynamis.

Where as with Plutons, best case scenario you spend ~30 minutes getting a merit and completing a D/VD fight in order to get 0-90 Pluton (and if you get 90, thats 3 perfect boxes, good luck on that). So yah, best case scenario, a single Merit fight nets you 0.09% of your total goal.

The time ratio for 10,000 of any of these is absolutely insanely high considering their best case acquisition is a box of 30. I've done 3 Merits fights right now and I'm sitting on 48 Plutons. I mean, that averages 15~ a fight, taking into consideration time to get merits (which admittedly is short) and time to gather people or Solo/Duo a N/D/VD... Literally its easier to 250 Marrow you Relic than it is to get 10,000 Plutons. Leagues easier, significantly easier.

Which Is what I imagine their intent was, to be honest.

As for Mythics/Empyreans, I can't say. Their processess are a bit more tedious, but I imagine if you could get ~18 folks for any of the higher VW's, they'd be much easier now than they used to be.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 02-11-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Yeah, just wait a couple months they will be back down to 50k a stack again and you can buy your afterglow for a cool 5 mil, easy peasy.

To be honest, I think the opposite may well be the case.

There was a huge back-supply of these three materials, people have been obtaining them for the last few years and nobody really needed them except the occasional 300 for RME, and the occasional new/returning player needing 150 for building a JSE Oboro to give them something to use until they got an Alluvion etc.

So there really was a huge back-supply of these materials, I've been selling them at 500 gil each for years, just to get them out of my inventory, and in the hopes that I am helping a new/returning player with their JSE weapon. Even at those prices, I have had stacks of them building up in my MH. I'm sure many mules had thousands of these items that were simply not selling.

And now the situation is that many people do actually want the new JSE[AUG], some of those weapons are actually worth having, and those people will want 450 rocks just for the JSE[AUG].

And many people have multiple RME. They will be wanting not 10,000 rocks per person, but 10,000 rocks per weapon, in some case they may need 100,000 of these items for one person. This coupled with the occasional person wanting 450 rocks to build the JSE[AUG] and the many people who are still wanting 300 for the earlier RME stage, is a HUGE demand for these rocks. Currently there is still a supply in the market that has been backlogged for a few years. When that supply runs out, and coupled with the slow and fairly random farming nature of these items, we may see the 99/stacks of these items skyrocket in price over the coming years.
    (1)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    I'm upgrading an Annihilator, and I'm about 600 into it in less than 24 hours. It won't take you "8.25 years" at all. Maybe 1-2 months of casual grinding as long as you are able to stay focused and have a group to do Difficult or Very Difficult BCNMs with.
    What's the best way to grind Plutons right now?
    (0)

If I understand correctly, there's two paths to the same 119 weapon right?

99 > 99 AG > 119 > Updated 119 (1 stone)
    99 > 119 > Updated 119 (10,000 stones)

So there you have it, there's your alternate path. I haven't checked, but I'm sure the nice moogle will still give an afterglow trial?

10k stones isn't that bad. As someone who never dreamed of building an afterglow, because lol, it would be a slap in the face to the crazy people that did if it was much less than 10k.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Wow, my claustrum will get a huge upgrade if I can actually collect those plutons... doubled the refresh on the aftermath and -20% damage taken means slightly less chance of dying in the mob's face. 60 acc for self and now the pet is included too... if only the pet also got the Magic Damage +....

As far as the upgrade paths... is 10k plutons really easier than however many ADLs it takes? Given that you can now spam dynamis X that is. (Edit: just noticed someone else above commented on it.)
    For Empyreans though.... the 10k stones is probably way better.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-11-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast