Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's just excessively boring. And a little... weak. Plutons/Beitetsu/Boulders are actually overused.

Every other time they come up with some fancy new item from some new content that we haven't already done 600 times. There's nothing interesting about doing Tenzen for the 600th time, after you've done it for all of 2015 before 10,000 stones were needed.

They could've at least added a new +1 version of the thrown out gear to make it slightly less of a slap in the face.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 02-22-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    I did find it odd Quetzalcoatl was a wyrm, kinda cheap if you ask me!
    Could say the same for Jormungand and Vrtra, both those, like Quetzalcoatl, were also serpents in their own respective mythologies.

Then again, going by those, this game's interpretation of wyrm isn't accurate either.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 02-22-2016 at 06:06 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Presumably those people brought the chocobos to their settlements, by travelling through the caves. Also when I call my chocobo using whistle, she appears in Altepa and the Jungle, I am assuming she travelled through the caves to get there.

In Norg, yes they say you can not ride the bird in SSG, but if you actually look at Norg in relation to the exit areas in the Jungle, Norg is a long way from the actual exit point in the Jungle, and so the chocobos "special exit" would still have to be a long tunnel through the caves.

In any case, the fact that my chocobo is very happy to be called in the desert and jungle areas, but refuses to be called in Northlands, is because she doesn't like the Northlands, and I believe this is because it is cold.
    I'm going to continue to assume it's specifically because of the dungeons, because that's more consistent with other final fantasy games. in FFXIV they don't care about cold places (Ishgard even still raises black chocobos), they only won't enter dungeons, the major cities, and some other interior places.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why now, after SE has basically declared no new areas will ever be added to the game again
    Are you really comparing brand new areas to mounts using existing assets (e.g. the raptor we were shown)? Really?

A new area requires a ton of work from a bunch of people e.g. artists and level designers. A new mount can leverage existing assets and systems.

Do we really need new areas right now anyway? It will just make it less and less likely that you'll bump into other players. There's tons of empty space in existing areas that could be put to more fuinctional use.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    ...No, I was making the point that without new areas, the incentive to run around and explore is significantly decreased, so adding mounts is a whole lot of work into something very few people will appreciate. Even ignoring all contextual clues if you read the rest of the post you would've realized that.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    ...No, I was making the point that without new areas, the incentive to run around and explore is significantly decreased, so adding mounts is a whole lot of work into something very few people will appreciate. Even ignoring all contextual clues if you read the rest of the post you would've realized that.
    It does sound like a bad idea but it does sound like SE. So much work poured into various things that were destined to never really be appreciated or just once a day check (hello monster rearing) or stuff that had potential but they left it half finished... like monstrosity or pankration.

Honestly I'm thinking this is more along the lines of this is a more for the devs thing. It's not about usefulness or playability but something cool the devs have wanted to do for awhile. Ditto the patio
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    See the patio is something people will actually appreciate because people go into their houses all the time. That's fluff content I'm supportive of. Chocobos lost their function after they decided to add about 4 different ways teleport around the world.
    (1)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    hey u all said afterglow was optional well. so is finishing your weapon 119 is 119
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    It's just excessively boring. And a little... weak. Plutons/Beitetsu/Boulders are actually overused.

Every other time they come up with some fancy new item from some new content that we haven't already done 600 times. There's nothing interesting about doing Tenzen for the 600th time, after you've done it for all of 2015 before 10,000 stones were needed.
    Kinda irrelevant to the discussion but just curious, why'd everyone spam Tenzen over leviathan and ifrit to farm stones? It's significantly slower and if grind is boring, you may as well spam them faster and get it over with.

Also the point of farming boring items is so that players without friends/ls can complete a skill 269 weapon slowly on their own time. Killing Reisenjima HELM is fun(and stressing on the same time), but that doesn't mean all types of player can do it and it's still out of reach for majority. Having a way to do casual grind and get a skill 269 weapon is a good way to give majority of players a long term goal to do.
    (0)

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Kinda irrelevant to the discussion but just curious, why'd everyone spam Tenzen over leviathan and ifrit to farm stones? It's significantly slower and if grind is boring, you may as well spam them faster and get it over with.
    Tenzen VD dies in 1 skillchain, something like < 30 seconds, the run up to the avatar takes longer than tenzen does to kill.

I don't know why people do what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    ...fun...
    No, not really. Just another generic fight. Nothing exciting, or interesting, or new, or entertaining.
    (0)

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast