Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Playablity takes priority over vanity.

AFTER the game fixes some complaints, then I'll put on a party hat and give a crap about riding a tiger. This isn't wow. I haven't rode a chocobo since 2009.
    (4)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Seriously, if we want mounts, just let us summon our chocobos in Adoulin and Escha 'cause moogle magic.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    Seriously, if we want mounts, just let us summon our chocobos in Adoulin and Escha 'cause moogle magic.
    Don't forget the northlands.

If you can call your bird on the upper level of batallia (only accessible from BCD), then I see no reason you shouldn't be able to have it in the northlands.
    (1)

4. 02-21-2016 06:04 AM

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I always believed that SE were trying to make chocobos more realistic, and therefor more loved by players, by going with the "birds don't like cold weather" angle.
    That's not the reason. The reason is the only way to access Beaucadine on foot is through a cave. It's caves/dungeons that chocobos won't go in.

It's been that way since the beginning, so I'm guessing that even though WOTG made a ramp in batallia for BCD, that they just kept it that way because they were lazy.
    (0)

6. 02-21-2016 07:11 PM

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Seems a little late in the game to be adding new mounts. And really, what would be the point? I can't even remember the last time I rode a chocobo. Not that it's completely pointless, I'm sure there are people who still do.

Back to the point of the thread, I think the 10k count is too high only because farming them takes so long. As if ARME's weren't expensive enough already, they want us to dump another 70-100 mill into them to get them to the point they should have always been at it in the first place. I was really hoping getting my Kikoku to its final stage would be more fun. Instead, it's just another stupid grind. I would much rather have needed 1k plutons and needed to do Reiseinjima NMs or something.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There are chocobos in Altepa desert, which you travel through Korroloka Tunnel (cave dungeon) to reach
    The people of Rabao brought them there. Same for the jungle (mhaura or Norg). There's no settlements or people in the northlands to keep birds.

And the rental chocobos in Norg use the Sea Serpent Grotto (cave dungeon) to exit into the jungle too, since there is no other way.
    Acually, they do not, the Chocobo NPC in Norg tells you they built a special exit for them.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The people of Rabao brought them there. Same for the jungle (mhaura or Norg). There's no settlements or people in the northlands to keep birds.

Acually, they do not, the Chocobo NPC in Norg tells you they built a special exit for them.

Presumably those people brought the chocobos to their settlements, by travelling through the caves. Also when I call my chocobo using whistle, she appears in Altepa and the Jungle, I am assuming she travelled through the caves to get there.

In Norg, yes they say you can not ride the bird in SSG, but if you actually look at Norg in relation to the exit areas in the Jungle, Norg is a long way from the actual exit point in the Jungle, and so the chocobos "special exit" would still have to be a long tunnel through the caves.

In any case, the fact that my chocobo is very happy to be called in the desert and jungle areas, but refuses to be called in Northlands, is because she doesn't like the Northlands, and I believe this is because it is cold.
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cengeal View Post
    Seems a little late in the game to be adding new mounts. And really, what would be the point? I can't even remember the last time I rode a chocobo. Not that it's completely pointless, I'm sure there are people who still do.
    I know this is the wrong thread to be stressing this point, but I really have to say I agree with this sentiment. Why now, after SE has basically declared no new areas will ever be added to the game again, do they add new mounts? I mean, it's nice and all, but was there really nothing better for them to work on?

I'm not sure I really agree that that same effort would've gone to RMEs though, since it's probably largely graphics/animation work which is probably a different group than the people designing items and the like, but I'm pretty sure people would've appreciated, say, a unique monster model for Quetzalcoatl more than they would being able to ride a crab.

Or maybe...SE could take the time being spent doing that and instead slowly work towards having more models/animations for a larger XI project...hint, hint.
    (2)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I did find it odd Quetzalcoatl was a wyrm, kinda cheap if you ask me!
    (0)

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I did mine and wasnt that bad. I know of 3 people on my server that farmed farmed farmed like crazy on the BCs, and did theirs in about a week. Kept the plutons, sold off the other two and bought more plutons. Its doable.
    (0)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast