Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Azumei
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Let me change my character..

First off, I'm going to apologize, because I'm sure that everyone has seen a post like this numerous times.

That said.. It's seriously a win-win. People who have had the same character for years deserve a chance to change up their appearance. Like in FFXIV, you get an item called Fantasia, and that allows you to completely remake your guy, excluding name, iirc. Just think about it, SE. Think about how much money you could- no, would make by making this a service like FF14. Even WoW lets you change your hairstyle for in game currency, (no real money spent.)

Just something to think about.

I know you read these. I'm just wondering why you're denying customers that have been playing for a decade+ while at the same time denying yourself damn near limitless amount of money.
    (0)

Character
    Azumei
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Do it.

I'm not trying to sound rude or anything. It's just the fact that we the players are forced to look at the same character model day in & day out for years and years and years.
    I know that Final Fantasy 14 that has a potion you can use, (Fantasia, I believe,) that allows you to completely change almost everything on your character, so it confuses me that you guys don't
    start doing the same. Like I said before, easy money for you, and we get to change our appearance..

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
    Derrick S.
    (0)

IIRC, FFXIV doesn't have race-specific equipment. FFXI does, and some of it is EX.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Azumei
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Valid point. But how hard would it be to just switch the equipment, you know? Like, if you're Galka and go Elvaan, then Galka gear would become Elvaan gear upon changing race.
    (0)

Character
    Fermande
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's probably likely there isn't tech available to make such a transition. Changing a character model can have pretty far reaching consequences if you didn't design your game around having that as an option from the start. There also isn't a system for microtransactions set up for FFXI, so they'd have to set that up too.

While it's a good idea, and I'd love to have the option myself, it would be a big project and the dev team has shrunk to a skeleton crew. I don't think we'll see big features like this any time soon, unfortunately.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The only problem with race specific equipment would be if you are wearing it when you change race. In which all SE would need to do is when you change race unequip all your gear. You can already own race specific gear on a character who isn't that race, or gender even, by mailing them from a mule that is that race or gender. Not exactly a game changer.

I imagine if they would have you pay for race changes it would be similar to how changing servers work in which case that microtransaction system is already in place. As for the tech to do it wouldn't that just be the same character creation screen when you first make a character?

That being said I'm sure there are thousands of people who want to change their character's appearance. I don't, but I think it should be something that is available.
    (1)

Character
    Azumei
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I mean, if nothing else, think about how much money SE would make..
    (0)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    They have indeed seen multiple topics such as this and the moderators said this in response:

Thread: Race/gender/name change choice (11/28/2012)
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings!

We know that there has been quite a few requests from players to be able to change your character's race, gender, and name. While this is something we continue to look into, nothing has been finalized in terms of implementation or release, so we cannot announce any concrete details yet. We appreciate your patience in this matter and we'll be sure to announce updates as soon as we have them to share!
    Thread:Just a thought from a returning player (2/5/2014) (most recent response)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    Actually, the dev. team has been discussing internally about a feature such as this. While we can't promise anything right now, and developers are concerned about preventing harassment or misuse by allowing this, we'll continue to carefully look into it.
    While they HAVE discussed it before on multiple times, odds are they have either abandoned the idea or they have taken a reeeeeeeeeeeally long time to discuss it.
    (3)

Character
    Divtroh
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Change's has to be done!

They need to let us change our character, theres JSR equipment yes!, but now at this days we only use that kind of gear for lockstyle, or is there any ilvl119 like this? is relic, myth, emp like this? are abj gear like this? No! of course not! that argument that theres specific race gear is old, ppl dont use it, this is actually my 1st post, and im doing this because i've seen a lot of changes in the game i have had to agree with them all, but cant they do this? please! we all know that is possible, we only ask to be made official.

I thank you all for reading this, and i really hope we get a decent reply from SE and not some "/comfort" like they always have done it.
    (0)

Character
    Divtroh
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Let the Race Change Begin!!!

With all the changes going on, let the players be abble to change they're race!!! we need this!!!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast