Trust Restrictions

Currently, trusts are only able to be called by the party leader and cannot be part of an alliance.

Letting other party members call trusts would be beneficial when parties split up and require different support. I don't see how it could be overpowered.

Allowing trusts in alliances could help fill in extra slots when parties are missing some members, but I see how turning three players into a full alliance could be overpowered.

Are there any plans to remove or ease either of these restrictions?
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Currently, trusts are only able to be called by the party leader and cannot be part of an alliance.

Letting other party members call trusts would be beneficial when parties split up and require different support. I don't see how it could be overpowered.

Allowing trusts in alliances could help fill in extra slots when parties are missing some members, but I see how turning three players into a full alliance could be overpowered.

Are there any plans to remove or ease either of these restrictions?
    Hey, cat i'm not positive but i think it was more due to an in game bug that prevented there original plans to this happening and it was a bug prevention idea that i'm positive of but hey wonder if anyone has more info on this myself thus lets see what happen's in the end cat! :-0 :-)
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

There have been numerous requests about this, but alter egos were implemented as a way to play solo or to fill out a party with only a small number of players. There are currently no plans to make adjustments that would allow alter egos to be used in an alliance setting.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

I didn't think so. How about the other part of the question? Any plans to let party members other than the leader call trusts? For example, Leader calls two trusts, other member calls two trusts so that each member has their own two followers.

Regardless, thanks for the response.
    (0)
    Last edited by Catmato; 12-23-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Party members can't invite other players, so why should they be able to call Trusts? Why would you want it so complicated that certain Trusts are under the control of certain players? What happens if two people summon the 6th Trust simultaneously? There's too much complication with having more than one person manage them. Remember, we have the 2 minute wait on summoning a Trust aftear real party members change, because there was a bug they couldn't fix. Pets and avatars don't count against the party member limit, and their original logic was built for multiple pets in a party belonging to multiple players.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    i understand the limitation that only the party leader can call trusts because the leader adds the party members

but not being able to use trusts in an alliance i think is dumb
    one caveat to that is if you dont want the three partys to be able to call the same trusts then dont let more then one of each in the entire alliance
    this way we could have an alliance like this
    Alliance:
    -Party #1:Attack
    --Player's + Tank Trusts including Sakura(for hp regeneration)
    -Party #2:Range
    --Player's + Long Range Trusts including Kuyin Hathdenna(for ranged accuracy)
    -Party #3:Magic
    --Player's + Healing and Magic Dammage Trusts including Moogle(for mp regeneration)/Star Sibyl (for MAB)

if this happened it would bring a new dynamic to ffxi but that would only work if the trusts ability's would work on all players in the alliance

and if trusts like Sakura could have every player in the alliance under there envalope then you(SE) could build EOG battles that have high DPS that even low man teams can beat if setup right with out them needing to ever be adjusted
    (0)
    Last edited by SMD111; 12-23-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Another Trusts restriction question: Are there plans to eventually allow Trusts to be called in BCNMs and other low level content? I'd like to re-experience some of the old stuff, like BCNMs, Field of Valor Elite Training, Garrison. finding people willing to do it is nearly impossible, and I feel Trusts would be of great help in this endeavor.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Party members can't invite other players, so why should they be able to call Trusts?
    Good point, I hadn't really though of that.

Why would you want it so complicated that certain Trusts are under the control of certain players?
    There are a number of reasons this would be beneficial.
    • So the players can split up and they would be grouped evenly instead of 5:1
    • When the party leader dies, four other party members wouldn't die
    • When the party leader goes AFK or doesn't engage immediately, it doesn't mean the four other members are standing there, being useless.
    I'm sure you and others can think of more reasons.

What happens if two people summon the 6th Trust simultaneously? There's too much complication with having more than one person manage them.
    Probably the same thing that happens when you get aggro while summoning a trust: your casting is interrupted. I don't really see where the cimplication is coming from.

Remember, we have the 2 minute wait on summoning a Trust aftear real party members change, because there was a bug they couldn't fix. Pets and avatars don't count against the party member limit, and their original logic was built for multiple pets in a party belonging to multiple players.
    That's true, but I don't really see how it's relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD111 View Post
    i understand the limitation that only the party leader can call trusts because the leader adds the party members
    You don't see how it creates a problem when three people become eighteen people?
    I re-read your post, and I see now that you had a solution to this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Catmato; 12-24-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjara View Post
    Another Trusts restriction question: Are there plans to eventually allow Trusts to be called in BCNMs and other low level content? I'd like to re-experience some of the old stuff, like BCNMs, Field of Valor Elite Training, Garrison. finding people willing to do it is nearly impossible, and I feel Trusts would be of great help in this endeavor.
    Yes, entering older style orb's with enemies locked inside battlefields would of been nice ordeal to use those trusts when going solo since there isn't really anyone gathering together to do those in particular when wanting to do the old, older, oldest orb's battlefields would of been a nice adjustment too.

The ability to use those trusts in them for the purpose of it's upto party setup number of requirements inside to complete it is idealistic but instead they never were able to find a way into going solo-<with trusts as the party number amount entering>-meeting the level restriction party requirements for the older orbs bc-NM battles is understood as well but honestly if I Recall it right, they ran into quite a few bugs with this happening back when they were first putting trusts into development of areas trusts can enter I do believe. I'm still waiting to see with the skeleton crew that's left and available to work on this stuff now if they can even pull it off to figure out how to fix those bugs myself which i'm guessing since it's they can't find the original creator/creators of areas/battlefields who worked on those area's back in the day before the game continued on with it's addition's that it might not be possibly done either or even to find him/her/the crew to ask for the advice in ways to get it to work with there original designs/programming {"without those requesting payment for advice?"} is no easy walk in the park, my guess is.

We as players can always hope for the impossible to become possible as i've heard it all before of dreamers of knowledge making it possible! ;-) {One Can Only Hope To Find Way to Make a Bridge or bridges for tomorrow bridging gaps bringing them closer together becoming one giant piece of pieces pierced as one puzzle becoming no more of a puzzle at all, synergy at its best working together in harmony!}
    Yup, Quoted it up. lol?
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.