Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Mounts would only affect development of other things only if the same people working on them were in charge of doing the other system changes. Was that the case? Because I dunno.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Mounts would only affect development of other things only if the same people working on them were in charge of doing the other system changes. Was that the case? Because I dunno.
    If it creates changes in the client, it competes for time against anything else that requires changes to the client.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    If it creates changes in the client, it competes for time against anything else that requires changes to the client.
    The amount of time required for different people varies. One department might invest dozens of man hours on a task and then hand it off to production who spends five minutes merging the necessary changed files into the build. THe thing is, you don't really know who did what or how much of an impact it had, and you're also crapping on people who may have actually wanted this feature. Just because YOU didn't want it, doesn't mean it was a waste of development resources. And I can understand, you're more of a practical type, and that's fine, but some people care a lot about customizing their character, including their appearance. Even though I've spoken many times on this forum about things I considered to be a waste of the developers' resources, I've come to realize that not every feature and change was specifically meant to enthrall every individual person with pleasure. That's fine. I think the whole gardening system was a waste of resources, but they still devleoped it and some people enjoy that feature. I can name lots of other things they've implemented that I didn't think necessary, but many of them benefitted somebody, so who am I to deny them that?
    (0)

How many people do you guys really think are really still working on FFXI? I can't imagine there's more than a Director, a story guy, and art guy, a battle guy, a programmer, and a few interns. Anything they work on likely involves the whole crew.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    How many people do you guys really think are really still working on FFXI? I can't imagine there's more than a Director, a story guy, and art guy, a battle guy, a programmer, and a few interns. Anything they work on likely involves the whole crew.
    I'm under the impression there's three people total.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    I'm under the impression there's three people total.
    To be fair, they seem to be 3 pretty good people, given that they manage to put out more content than the other SE "big" MMORPG. :P
    (1)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    To be fair, they seem to be 3 pretty good people, given that they manage to put out more content than the other SE "big" MMORPG. :P
    XIV requires more work for the 'same' content. More complicated models, effects, areas, better music, etc.
    (0)

XIV team was split into 2, they have the content creators and the cash shop creators. Those cash shop cosmetics don't grow on trees.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Uh, no they havent. This new condensed team hasn't released an update yet (unless they had already made this change before the previous update was in full swing, im not 100% sure). And the previous slightly larger team released content by copying existing content, changing the monsters in it and putting it in a different area, and calling it new. I don't think you've ever looked at a patch notes for that other game... They've done a lot with their limited resources, but it's pretty ludicrous to claim th at they've released "more content" than that other game.

Buuut, I know you made this comment to troll me, so I'll be trying my gosh darn hardest not to let it go past here...
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-01-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Gosh you love to defend that game lol
    (2)

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast