Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Final Fantasy XI 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle Mosaic Art

I really don't understand the reason why the Moasic art puzzle was only released in japan and in very limited quantities. I was unable to import it from play-asia. I know at least 5 US players in my LS alone that would have loved to buy one.It's like SE does not like to make money. The listing on SE Japanese store website lists it as not in stock. http://store.jp.square-enix.com/item/MFF1100049.html

Or are they just keeping it small for the sake of being LIMITED

It lists it for 3,910円, which is approximately $39.10 US(using general 100:1 conversion rate) I bet it only costs like $2 US to make, which is $37 profit. Granted yes for US sales you would probably have to put age range on box and a choke hazard warning etc. But thats about all they would need to add in english, they could just leave the rest of the box it comes in in japanese and it would sell.

It's not like the memorial artbook which has alot of japanes to translate, and its a PUZZLE. Who doesn't know what to do with a puzzle, no instructions needed. Minimal disclaimers on the box in english to cover any liability issues.

SE wouldn't need to spend on advertising, they could just advertise it here and on the POL website.

If SE doesn't want to spend the money upfront in fears they can't recoup the initial costs. They could bill first, use the money to make them and send them at a later date. Even though this practice isn't the best policy, other sites use it. IE Crunchyroll. I've ordered stuff from them and they bill when ORDERED. For some preorder items it is billed and charged months before receiving the actual product.

So PLS se reconsider selling the memorial puzzle for US and EU. I think your missing out on alot of profits.
    (5)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 12-04-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yeah, this one's a bummer. I know a few people who would have bought it too.

Any idea if the full mosaic image is posted somewhere? I'd like to at least see how it looked.
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The link to the japanese SE store shows it, though resolution wise its not large enough to see the individual images that makeup the mosaic in detail, but you can see the overall image it creates.
    (1)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    ※写真は製作中のものです。実際の商品とは異なりますのでご注意ください。
    Mentions that the mosiac image is different from the one shown.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Would buy if it was sold.
    (0)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    The link to the japanese SE store shows it, though resolution wise its not large enough to see the individual images that makeup the mosaic in detail, but you can see the overall image it creates.
    Yeah, I was hoping for a large enough image to see the screenshots. Oh well, thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    Mentions that the mosiac image is different from the one shown.
    I took that as they meant the individual photos that makeup the composite mosaic image would be different, but I believe the image they form is the final version.
    (0)

Character
    Chiaia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Also sucks they do these Japan only releases of things that are tied with in-game codes for items. Its one thing not to sell it outside of Japan for one thing but then lock out the rest of the world with items in-game.
    (1)

Character
    Ryanx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I was able to order one on play asia but they sold out now
    (0)

Character
    Austreven
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I think that's the first piece of FFXI-related swag I actually want.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast