Hybrid View

Character
    Hakrev
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Merits: Accuracy

Could we please get the ability to boost some accuracy with merits. Idk if I'm the only person who is sick of swapping out actually relevant gear to my job for all accuracy pieces. I'd love personally if we could just have a merit of acc under the Other category.

This isn't exactly a wish at this point but a completely necessary bonus and very needed. When it takes 1075 to 1150 of acc just to hit monsters like the Apex monsters in gates areas 50ish% of the time (just as an example there are plenty of other examples to choose from) we desperately need a way to boost our acc. I'm talking like 10 per merit with a cap of 5 merits. 50 would definately help...but even more would be great.

Honestly I'd rather it be 20 per merit, to reach 100 with 5, it'd be like adding a 2nd acc food on and that's basically the kind of boost we really must have to sort of taper off the full acc builds into some more reasonable gear sets. Plus 100 acc really isn't much when we're dealing in the thousands already. Anyways I'd just like SE to consider this request, as I'm sure their are many others who would benefit and enjoy this addition.

As it is right now, I feel like a one trick pony with all my DD's. Why even have other pieces in the game when I have to swap all my gear to have an acc build 100% of the time. It's really quite silly.
    (10)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Nope, it's situational gearing and it works fine as it is, for anything you can't gear enough accuracy for, you probably need a support job to buff the party/debuff the mob which is absolutely acceptable.
    (3)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Nope, it's situational gearing and it works fine as it is, for anything you can't gear enough accuracy for, you probably need a support job to buff the party/debuff the mob which is absolutely acceptable.
    Added to this, Food may also be used to boost accuracy (ex. Sublime Sushi/Bream Sushi to name a couple)
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Agreed with OP.
    (3)

Your accuracy already gets boosted by boosting skill levels with a weapon. If you merit combat or magic skill, your accuracy goes up for that weapon or magic type. Equipment that raises the skill also raises accuracy.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Hakrev
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I appreciate what you're trying to say, but I know all the ways in which to boost accuracy, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. The problem is that we shouldn't have to sacrifice all of our gear for accuracy in every single battle. At 75 you never had to sacrifice everything for acc, so why now? Rng had to and so did drk, but beyond that we got to sport our fancy artifact/relic gear for the majority of stuff. IDK about you all but I'm sick of having 1000+ base acc and missing like I was a slack-off. I have full 119 augmented acc equipment and weapons and I STILL miss with bream sushi. It's just down right stupid that the focus of the entire game is on who can stack the most accuracy on their armor/weapons, I enjoy variety in my gameplay and having choices. Should rename the game to Final Fantasy XI: Can't hit this! An accuracy merit category would totally be helpful, and you can't convince me that it wouldn't be. In fact the entire enemy evasion should be looked at for high level content. Now is the time for tinkering with game mechanics, since that's all the content we'll get mainly from now on, so I feel fully justified in asking for this.

Even as a brd, I know that instead of madrigal I could be singing TONS of better songs other than accuracy, yet on brd regardless of anything I'm stuck playing stupid madrigal. I could have double minuet + double march. but instead I have to sacrifice a whopping 147 attack power for some lame accuracy buff >.> The whole argument that we have a brd so we don't need merits is really absurd. I could be giving you an actually beneficial and interesting song that makes your job easier and better on the front line by dealing more damage, but no everything is boiled down to madrigals madrigals madrigals *sigh* I mean I'll play whatever is needed, but it's just sad all the sacrifices we have to make to just do something as simple as hit the monster without buffs... No other mmo has an issue with landing simple attacks, so I cannot fathom the reasoning behind not fixing this most fundamental problem, which didn't even exist until just recently with all the 135+ battles popping up and whatnot. Something's got to give and adding more acc via merits solves this and it takes them what... 10 minutes of coding, an hour tops.
    (5)

Agreed with OP.
    (2)

The development team is aware of the desire for ways to make accuracy more manageable; however, concerning end game battle content, the balancing is done in a way that requires the use of enhancement spells and abilities for both front line and back line jobs. With this said, it would be difficult to make adjustments so that it would be possible to fight without the aid of support jobs.

Additionally, we recently introduced new NMs to Reisenjima, so we have no plans to make adjustments at the moment.
    (4)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Cloudblade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I would like to point out that saying that accuracy is balanced is a slight oversight. Yes, accuracy is balanced for dual-wielder jobs, but these jobs can get accuracy from both weapons, for up to a 40 or so accuracy boost over 2-handers. This is made worse by the fact that the accuracy buff to .75 accuracy per dex boost that 2-handers were given to help balance accuracy years ago has been given to dual-wielder jobs that naturally have more dexterity. Now not only do 2-handers lose in not having a second weapon for accuracy, but they also lost the only competitive edge they had with extra acc per dex. This allows a similarly geared dual-wielder to have 50-100 more accuracy than a 2-hander just because of this oversight and accuracy buff they received. 2-handers need either a new acc-dex buff or much more dex or accuracy on their gear.
    (2)

I sorta agree? I think the accuracy cap on many mobs is far too high, even with Full Acc builds, sushi, and certain buffs, hitting accuracy caps is challenging to all but the best of the best of the best geared. While that in itself isn't inherently wrong, the problem of "Why even have non accuracy gear if Im always in accuracy gear" holds merit to many people, even when they bring proper support, its difficult to find a time to not have to be in full Accuracy gear without 2GEOs a BRD and a COR per DD party. Strictly speaking for Notorious Monsters.

But I have to agree, that on normal enemies like crabs and such for Job Point farming shouldn't require Full time accuracy gear unless you bring 2 BRDs a COR a GEO and a Witch Doctor to bless your weapons and summon the rains of evasion down. Even in the 75 Era merit parties, you generally had the option, before BRD or COR was considered, of Sushi + DD Build or Meat + Accuracy Build.... That option doesn't exist in the Apex world, and I think thats a problem.

There is no issue having Endgame NMs and such having high accuracy caps, but I think some enemies should be reevaluated...
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast