Player

Elemental Ninjutsu

With Job Points placed into this category do you think it makes more useful?
    If not do you think they should change what stats effect the damage.
    (0)
    A time enjoyed is a time not wasted

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Elemental Ninjutsu need an overhaul (again). If SE's intent was for NIN to only throw in a -ton spell every once in a while, even under the correct assumptions the current system is flawed because while BLMs are blasting magic bursts for tens of thousands of damage and hitting the damage cap, even if I stacked all the best gear available and had full Futae/Elemental merits I think I'd barely break 10k. If you think a comparison to a dedicated caster like BLM is unfair, you could just compare it to something like Subduction and see how ridiculously inadequate -ton spells are.

Honestly even if we could burst for like 50,000 with Futae it wouldn't really suddenly make Ninjas super powerful or anything. I don't think anyone will care that Ninja can throw out one decent nuke every 3 minutes.

Also a re-examination of the -ton's spell secondary effect would probably be nice. I'd suggest a lowering of both elemental defense and evasion, and more importantly make it last more than a sngle nuke.
    (0)

(2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I stand corrected. How do you think you'd do on NMs? I was mostly making guesses based off some playing around I did while doing some Reisenjima NMs- my numbers were not pretty, I'll say that much, generally only managed to burst for a couple thousand damage. But I admit my current elemental ninjutsu set leaves a lot to be desired.
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That is really impressive but I'd like to know the specifics. With bolster is isn't as impressive and if it isn't consistent (at least 10k+) then its useless. That is really cool to see though, I love when people push the boundaries on obscure stuff like that.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well I think the blms Thunder V doing similar dmg there was kind of meant to show them being able to do comparable dmg so you don't have to wonder if they did weird stuff to boost the dmg a ton. Heck it's even same element so you can so can't assume things like well T5 would do more if they had weren't getting run or day bonuses etc
    (1)

That wasn't me. I got the picture off ffxiah. Any details will be here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/77784
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Innin + futae + Donar gun
    Your not gonna get consistant damage with this since Innin wears down and off over time and futae has a recast timer

We need more base dmg or a higher multiplier for ninjutsu elemental dmg for more consistant elemental damage.

We need more information on how much resistance down is attained per spell too and if it the resistance down effect stacks with other ninjutsu resistance down effects
    (0)

Character
    Sheeeeep
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I think you can only get crazy numbers like this if you are spec'd for it, geared, and have to be in a part so the skillchains will amplify the MB damage. Solo with trusts, you're not even going to be close
    (0)

indeed, you need a geo, capped M-burst gear, perfect magic attack and hope like anything it doesn't resist
    (0)