Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Makenshiroi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

What exactly is going on with this games future?

I thought the november update was the final one and everything after would just be minor bug fixes and balancing. But on the front page we have

"Announcing the Next Version Update (16/11/2015)
    The next version update is scheduled for early December.

Scheduled for the upcoming patch are further festivities in Geas Fete with powerful notorious monsters, and further steps in the aeonic weapon questline, culminating in the completion of the weapons themselves. New emotes and Unity outfits are on the docket as well! "

So what exactly is or isnt happen with this games future support?
    (0)
    My FFXI "Where the hell is Mak" video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woxN-P-9a9Q

See: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...06/detail.html

Condensed:
    As announced in March, we will continue minor version updates through and beyond April 2016. Each month we will bring you battlefields, Record of Eminence additions, balance adjustments, and bug fixes. Vana'diel's story does not end here, and in the near future we are planning a version update for December. We will have further updates in the weeks ahead, so stay tuned for more.
    Aside from that, the game will still host a plethora of (seasonal) events, log in campaigns, etc.

The only things really ending are the major storylines and game console support (per March/April 2016).
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenshi View Post
    I thought the november update was the final one and everything after would just be minor bug fixes and balancing. But on the front page we have

"Announcing the Next Version Update (16/11/2015)
    The next version update is scheduled for early December.

Scheduled for the upcoming patch are further festivities in Geas Fete with powerful notorious monsters, and further steps in the aeonic weapon questline, culminating in the completion of the weapons themselves. New emotes and Unity outfits are on the docket as well! "

So what exactly is or isnt happen with this games future support?
    They have always been an odd company, their communication has always been bad. Like terribly bad.

It either means that they simply don't want to make any more expansion packs for ffxi and still plan to update the game on a tri-monthly basis as they always did or or that we are getting a few updates past that date and then they will cease.

Who knows.
    (0)

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's possible they weren't able to get everything ready in time for the November update and December's would be a continuation of it.
    (1)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    The only things ending are: Main Story lines & non-PC support. That is it. Everything else is staying the same. We will be getting new high tier battle fields (I assume that eventually there will be a high tier for ever event battle field we have), there is goign to be job adjustments, tweeks, creeks, nerfs, buffs, etc. Basically anything they can do that doesn't take up a lot of time (new new stuff). Expect armor re-skins for new gear, but no Vana' shattering changes. If we have it in game now, and it can be augments in some way it might be. That is the future. The adventures will continue until the servers shut down.... hopefully sometime in the far far far away future.
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think they changed their mind halfway after they realized people were NOT going to pay the same sub price for 0 new additions. So now they have to come up with anything to try and keep those people subscribed as they probably realize by now they wont be moving to XIV.
    (3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by peculiar View Post
    They have always been an odd company, their communication has always been bad. Like terribly bad.

It either means that they simply don't want to make any more expansion packs for ffxi and still plan to update the game on a tri-monthly basis as they always did or or that we are getting a few updates past that date and then they will cease.

Who knows.
    They were very clear and held a big recorded Q&A session earlier this year. It was never their intention to completely and totally walk away from all updates and abandon this game forever after November 2015. The intention was ALWAYS to stop major updates. But disinformation crept in so everyone thought they were.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    I think they changed their mind halfway after they realized people were NOT going to <{sorry in advance, angemon but only snipping a lil bit here on yuh}> So now they have to come up with anything to try and keep those people subscribed as they probably realize by now they won't be moving to XIV.
    I could believe it being this but who knows entirely for sure too as I know most to be a final other than the usual sometime in march 2016 but oddly enough I did find just recently a Mr.Happy YouTube Video on him discussing over it a bit as well. "Not" really related but I found his Thank you YouTube video by Mr.Happy Fun to watch in addition to his Discussion over FFXI's coming to a close? video.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-18-2015 at 07:11 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

9. 11-18-2015 07:58 AM

Finally played till the end of FFXI. That pretty much felt like the end to me and felt like a nice end for my FFXI character. I liked the last missions a lot was a nice way to end the game. But I am off to play FFXIV now pretty much feels like the continuation of the Final Fantasy series.
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Off topic i'll geuss but just asking if anyone else has had this problem as of late?

Upon zoning into an area such as my blondelle character did using the stairway from upper jeuno into Ru'Lude Gardens just a lil bit ago around 12:15am-CST time'ish, you get nothing but a Black screen and then after maybe about a minute or two you finally get a msg that says: No Response from the FFXI Server, please shutdown game but after clicking okay, Your presented back at the character selection screen. Anyone same thing??

Seems to be the zones of Upper Jeuno and Ru'lude gardens on leviathan server having server problems as it has just done it again at around 1:05am-CST time with Error Code: FFXI-4001, No Response From The FINAL FANTASY XI server. Connection Timed Out. Press OK to shut down. ..But Before that there were Linkshell member search failures and not positive but even a AH search failure once. I wanted to test to see if it would do it again to me after seeing those search failures by just zoning out of mh this time back over to the Upper Jeuno Side and sure enough it did it again. "Anyways I hope with the future of FFXI, I hope these become a thing of the past!."
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-18-2015 at 04:19 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast