Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Runeth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Yesss... I hope so. I got really tired of FFXIV and the community feels too different even I have never played WoW.

Went to the official FFXIV forum and read the thread of Bunny ears for men and closed it... So disappointed. FFXI will always the best MMO for me as long as people are still playing it.
    I am recently returning here from FFXIV and this game is such a breath of fresh air. FFXIV is so homogenized and it makes everything feel so generic. I'm always doing something, but I never feel like I'm accomplishing anything. The community is awful and completely divided between "elitists" and "casuals". Nobody will think twice to look at or talk to you where in this game, I started up and in 10 minutes someone walks up, starts talking to me, gives me some starting gil and shows me some of the changes; such as being able to get linkshells from concierges. Now I'm in a Linkshell with awesome people who help me level, hunt, and unlock things so I can join them in end-game. This community is fantastic. With console support dropping I really wish they'd take the opportunity to dig in and make this the game it always could have/should have been on PC. Sorry for the rant, but I am just loving this game and everything about it
    (9)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    My friend just came from XIV too, its strange ppl are coming back saying the same thing lol
    (5)

I play FFXIV and just decided to come back to FFXI. I was in La Theine Plateau and I zoned to Ronfaure. I don't even feel like getting to San d'Oria because the game just feels so archaic. Meh, it feels dead to me on Carbuncle. No one is on it. One day during the evening there was only around 300-some people online. It's pathetic. If you think FFXIV has nothing to do, you are wrong. There's enough content, but FFXI has years of it. There's so much content in FFXI it is overwhelming at times, and it's a shame that the game is now streamlined and all past content (Sky and Sea) is now dead. All of it died pre-Abyssea before the level cap went to 99. I don't even mind the grinding on FFXIV, and I haven't had anyone be mean to me in the Duty Finder at all.

"People on the FFXIV forum complaining that male character's can't have bunny ears." That's a glamour issue, the game isn't strange. There's too much gear on FFXI, and it's more streamlined. The progression may be vertical, but you upgrade your iLvl so you are stronger. There's less fluff with weapons, tools, gear, and such. Sure it may not have the "Dual Wield +2%" or whatnot stuff for customizing, but who needs that? FFXI was a game ahead of its time, but now time has caught up to it and it's very archaic. You guys are playing the original Pokémon games on GameBoy while us on FFXIV are playing the new games on the 3DS. "The original 151 are the best!" So? You're playing with old characters on an old format. Those "old" characters are in the new game (meaning content from FFXI to FFXIV) but with more beefed up stats, forms, and abilities. You people have to grow up and face the facts that FFXI is old and it's time to move onto something new, such as its successor. You may not like it yourself, but there are more people who talk about FFXIV than FFXI now.

Once the original FFXIV 1.0 was released, I went to it, supported it, watched it changed, became satisfied, and NEVER looked back into going further in FFXI.
    (0)

Character
    Umisith
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraku_Diabolos View Post
    I play FFXIV and just decided to come back to FFXI. I was in La Theine Plateau and I zoned to Ronfaure. I don't even feel like getting to San d'Oria because the game just feels so archaic. Meh, it feels dead to me on Carbuncle. No one is on it. One day during the evening there was only around 300-some people online. It's pathetic. If you think FFXIV has nothing to do, you are wrong. There's enough content, but FFXI has years of it. There's so much content in FFXI it is overwhelming at times, and it's a shame that the game is now streamlined and all past content (Sky and Sea) is now dead. All of it died pre-Abyssea before the level cap went to 99. I don't even mind the grinding on FFXIV, and I haven't had anyone be mean to me in the Duty Finder at all.

"People on the FFXIV forum complaining that male character's can't have bunny ears." That's a glamour issue, the game isn't strange. There's too much gear on FFXI, and it's more streamlined. The progression may be vertical, but you upgrade your iLvl so you are stronger. There's less fluff with weapons, tools, gear, and such. Sure it may not have the "Dual Wield +2%" or whatnot stuff for customizing, but who needs that? FFXI was a game ahead of its time, but now time has caught up to it and it's very archaic. You guys are playing the original Pokémon games on GameBoy while us on FFXIV are playing the new games on the 3DS. "The original 151 are the best!" So? You're playing with old characters on an old format. Those "old" characters are in the new game (meaning content from FFXI to FFXIV) but with more beefed up stats, forms, and abilities. You people have to grow up and face the facts that FFXI is old and it's time to move onto something new, such as its successor. You may not like it yourself, but there are more people who talk about FFXIV than FFXI now.

Once the original FFXIV 1.0 was released, I went to it, supported it, watched it changed, became satisfied, and NEVER looked back into going further in FFXI.

I started to play ffxiv 1.0 when it was released for two months and at the end of it too, ffxiv 2.0 was a great change and the game become very fun to play but after a few updates it gets very repetitive with vertical grind each 6 months, making content old very soon. Between 2.5 and 3.0 game was really boring, 5-6 months waiting for an update was very bad. And now 3.0 is following the same way with updates like in 2.0, i hope Yoshida improves ffxiv 4.0 and make it evolve again. At the moment im not going to play it more than 1 month every 6.

I came back to ffxi 2 months ago and im having much more fun than in ffxiv.
    I dont know how many times i returned to FFXI, atm i changed to Asura server and im having a lot of good times, i have been in other servers and seems that Asura has very active english population.

FFXI has something special that i dont find in other games that makes me allways come back to it.
    (11)

Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

This hit the nail on the head. A lot of people in my LS claim that ffxiv is dying and that xi is thriving. This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have heard a ffxi player say. It is anything but true. I still love this game, but there is far too much to do. Ffxi has more content than xiv, but 80% or more of the content in xi is completely antiquated. The amount of grinding that you have to do detracts from the fun.

5 expansions, 6 add ons including abyssea, and now RoV. Most of The expansion mission lines are only relevant because you need them to progress in RoV. The 3 non abyssea add ons are almost completely pointless. There's not even RoE objectives for doing them. The amount of pointless content in this game is staggering.
    (0)

6. 11-23-2015 02:32 PM

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You people have to grow up and face the facts that FFXI is old and it's time to move onto something new, such as its successor. You may not like it yourself, but there are more people who talk about FFXIV than FFXI now.
    Yeah, people like you always move onto something new like fantasia potions, new names, glamours, and... world transfer. I have had many idiots like that and that's enough. More than half of members won't ever talk, fortunately, I have about five awesome friends in my FC and linkshell I own that aren't going to make a world transfer or quit until the next patch.

One of my friends once told me... "Are you done with that old game?? Let's do more repeatable dungeons to gear up!" Seriously? I have finished the patch 3.1 story and it was too short. I am still waiting for plots to open up for me to buy a house and how long more do I have to wait?? I am just sitting there selling many accessories I crafted and supporting my friends for their needs.

After I came back to FFXI, my friends still remember me from a few years ago?? Wow! I met their friends.. That's why I said I like FFXI's community better whether it's small or not.
    (8)

Character
    Roehgaez
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 4

As someone who plays both XI and XIV (with a legacy account), I can't help but read this post as someone trying to convince themselves XI is over for whatever reason.

Ever since XIV became the gear treadmill it is now I can't help but lose interest in playing. That's why I came back to XI and gave it another shot. Already let my XIV sub lapse and plan on sticking around here to complete all the content I missed out on from when XIV launched.
    (9)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    That is incorrect actually, they stated major updates would cease after the NOV update. Now they are saying we will get new battlefields every month and such. Never was it stated major updates will continue until console service ends (which is in march 2016.)
    It's not incorrect, judging by the upcoming updates. This is subjective, really, but if new superweapons and updates to all the existing ones isn't a major update, I don't know what is.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by odericko View Post
    As someone who plays both XI and XIV (with a legacy account), I can't help but read this post as someone trying to convince themselves XI is over for whatever reason.

Ever since XIV became the gear treadmill it is now I can't help but lose interest in playing. That's why I came back to XI and gave it another shot. Already let my XIV sub lapse and plan on sticking around here to complete all the content I missed out on from when XIV launched.
    Hi, nice to see another person with Legacy that still has love for ffxi (I thought I was the only one. lol) I never let me ffxi subscription end (except the one month where the ffxi payment system rejected my payment and instead of letting me pay with another card, it blocked me out for a month...of which the gear the was offered that month on the repeat login was never offered again...still pissed about this MONTHS later...) and I played without stop on ffxiv 1.0-1.23b. I've seen both games change, ffxi changing since launch til now and ffxiv 1.0-3.1 or whatever we are on now.

Just like you I find myself with a TON to do in ffxiv, yet I am getting sick and tired of it. The main scenario DRAGS like crazy, hundreds of pointless main quests, such as talk to 2 people, quest done, bring me this one item from one person to another, quest done. I know that doesn't sound too bad, but when it takes HUNDREDS of these just to give your mule access to the new jobs is a joke. I've spent the last 2 weeks getting mules from starting to the last 2.0 quest (which is still FAR away from 3.0 where the jobs are, not to mention that I'm skipping every cutscene and dailog and it's STILL dragging.) Nothing but busy work. And to make things worse is SE lied about the personal housing, it will cost 800K they said, they said you can play the main scenario and be able to afford it by the time you finish 2.0. Nice lie, but personal housing costs 5 Million at the very least (and if nobody buys it in months, then you get a discount.)

Anyway, last night wife and I got our tax refund and we decided we would spend a little real life money buying some of the things they have for sale on there for in-game items. I couldn't freakin believe it. They sell the outfits for main-NPC characters and they charge $8 an outfit ($15 for one that comes with a hairstyle) and all are sex-specific and most outfits are a 1-2 pieces so you can't even break up the outfits and they only go to 1 character on your account (even though most people can have up to 8 characters per account.) Then they sell event items, for $3-$5 a piece per character, so if the event you missed had 5 items, expect to pay ~$20 for just 1 of your characters to have the items missed. Are they for real? $12-$25 for mounts... Then we decided to check out the plush and soundtracks/blurays they sell with bonus items. $40 and above for a RL thing with an ingame code...

So I decided last night to just cut the crap. FFXIV's needless grind to get to 3.0 content (yes I know it makes sense to wait that long cause the game's story has to lead to the new town Ishgard but it's still not right, SE writes the story so they could have made the new town/jobs accessible from the start, which is what they promised before the expansion was released, yet they changed it and they chose to force you to grind hundreds of busy-work quests to access something as basic as a new job) and overcharging RL money for ingame items was the last straw. I do not have the love for SE like I did years ago (man do i regret getting Final Fantasy tattooed in Japanese on my arm) and this abuse of fans is just the reminder I needed of how SE treats it's fans/customers.

The only reason I'm not quitting FFXIV is because my wife would hate me if I did that, she loves it cause it's all pretty and the outfits are all pretty, etc... But I have to be honest, I much rather play Pong than FFXIV at this point. However, FFXI doesn't seem to piss me off like FFXIV does. FFXI has done nothing but improved as time passes. Trusts were the best thing to happen to FFXI since it launched and SE had enough sense to pass the lvl75 nonsense they were stuck on for years. FFXI is just fun now and everything (most everything) is accessible solo, no need to spent most of the day gathering people to do 10 minutes of content. No needing to stop what you are doing to help LS members do content, nope, everyone can do what they want, pretty much when they want. Gil now flows like water in FFXI, so no more being too poor to afford the nice things. Nobody farms NMs anymore so no competition there. Even the pointlessly level-capped CoP areas were no longer capped. Yes I know most of these changes are years old by now, but it still has made giant (and significant) positive changes. Hell, even the moghouse had a second floor added with more room to design the house as you see fit. (My only complaint is that you can't have the second floor of the moghouse be the main floor. Seeing as how you have to tell the door that you want to go to the second floor makes the second floor a extremely rare visit.)

I just realized there is no point to my post lol Thanks for reading. It might not help you, but it helped me to post my thoughts. Almost therapeutic. Well time to log into ffxiv, as much as it angers me, my to do list is just too big to not log in... kill me...
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3