Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

BST adjustment did not address the problem, Devs please read

First, I do appreciate that you attempted to adjust the crippled ja range.

The adjustment did not fix the randomness our ja's are experiencing.

An example of the issue I experienced last night: I went to my normal butterfly camp in outer raz and sent my pet after three mobs, on the third one I was standing roughly 5 yalms from my pet and it was unable to act as its focus had changed between the three mobs, I pressed the ja macro several more times while my pets attention bounced around and practically stood on my pets head when finally the aoe move went off.

Another example: I popped the unity weapon in qufim to test and while I could stand roughly 5 yalms directly behind my pet and ja's worked if I was hitting it and standing more than a 90 degree angle from my pets face I would be out of range... Standing behind many mobs is needed and right now that's not working. This is a relatively small mob, and it isn't working, this can't possibly be working as intended.

It shouldn't be hit or miss when these ja's work.

If a dev is having a hard time understanding why this is a problem, have one join me for a while at a pet cp camp or simple unm fight, 5min later they would fully understand why the variable distance is horrendous and should be made back the way it was before distance was broken, asap.

I don't care if the top couple BST in the game are happy with the change as it somehow hasn't negatively impacted them, the rest of us BST main are livid.

Please restore our playstyle so we can enjoy the last stage of the game.

Please, please, lets not turn this into 300 posts of bickering. I frankly just want a community reps to reply acknowledging the devs are reviewing this further.
    (20)
    Last edited by Jile; 11-17-2015 at 02:40 AM.

Character
    Arenegeth
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Just so the Devs know, the are people like me who have already quit the game because of this and are not coming back unless you fix it.

So if you have no plans of ever fixing it (honestly if you don't understand the problem then nothing more needs to be said) let us know so we can move on and stop checking here for news.

That is all.
    (16)

I haven't played bst since the change. I am so heartbroken. Please fix my favourite job.
    (17)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah my "pet" ls just doesn't use bst anymore. smn and pup for pet strats or just do the pld + mbing like everyone else does for easy moding stuff. Well for events... still use bst to cleave jp for other people sometimes though we still do pup + smn mbing apex too
    (13)
    Last edited by dasva; 11-17-2015 at 08:35 AM.

Character
    Midnightgirl
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Dev's Please fix beastmaster. I use to just love this job so much. I wish that I could play BST the way I use to be able to do. It was so much more fun to do. You destroyed a great job. I go and try to do a pet move and my pet goes and follows the mob that is after my trust and the move I tried to do was not able to do it. Because I was to far away. You have messed up a job that I loved to play. Please fix this job!!! I miss having fun playing FFXI. Can you please give us back our distances for pets!! I just want to have fun playing with a job that I enjoy.
    (16)
    Last edited by Midnightgirl; 11-17-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I'm also experiencing inconsistent situations where pet abilities are "out of range" and do not activate. I have started to switch between <me> and <pet>, which causes me to be less efficient in battle as I fumble through different targets in order for my pet to execute a Ready move.

This problem never existed when range was 20 yalms, as it has been forever.

Can we just go back to the way it was? I simply cannot play Beastmaster like this.
    (14)

Player
    YES! all the Taru, Hume, Elvaan, Galka and Mithra show your support even if you don't like BST. BST is tie to the pet and where ever the pet go the BST have to follow. In the end the one that dies to the NM AOE is usually not pet but it's the BST. NM charm AOE is the biggest threat to BST. We all have try out this update and many people are still unhappy.

Akihiko Matsui Do you know what job is having more fun playing FFXI than any other job right now? Black Mage, Red Mage, White Mage, Summoner and Scholar. Those job can stay really far away and do damage without any risk. No one like to be close to pet when using Spur and Reward. Since Dawn Mulsum can be use very far away and safe than why can't spur and reward be the same? I do not like to see people Quit FFXI over this. Please do your best to fix this BST issue and make more adjustment to PUP and WAR since no one wants those job for event. We are waiting for your answer... =)
    (9)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    My LS has several BST that we do end game events with, and none of them are having issues being ~15 yalms away from the target with the pet between them and NM using abilities.
    They are still ripping the NMs apart, sure they take some dmg, but they are still doing everything they want to do and not letting the nerf stop them. So may-hap the whole situation is being blown out of proportion.
    (1)

Character
    Halzton
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Played and enjoyed BST since 2006, iF Dev want to do something about bst ,should nerf the pets not the master.
    That was a total mistake and Im also leaving the game once the free pass end.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    My LS has several BST that we do end game events with, and none of them are having issues being ~15 yalms away from the target with the pet between them and NM using abilities.
    I'm sorry but 15 yalms is not happening, its about 33% less at best positioning.

At best positioning you can be at most 7 yalms from your pet when directly behind the pet and the pet is perhaps 3 yalms from the mob so.... If you are directly behind your pet you might be 10 yalms max from the mob.

If the master needs to avoid conial actions like charm, if you stand more than 90 degrees from the face of the mob no ja's work.

This needs fixed. Please, can we get a community rep to reply that this is being reviewed as the "fix" changed nothing with the issues we're having.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jile; 11-19-2015 at 07:04 AM.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast