Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shaduf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    SE Team, I appreciate all your hard efforts and developing the game in order to provide an enjoyable balanced game.

I am not a huge fan of BST; However I enjoyed playing as BST from time to time. And For sure it is unique and very interesting style job to play in FFXI.

When I first heard of the new adjustment for the BST I was sad about it, however, after I read the above excuse mentioned by “Grekuma” that “this was against what the development team had intended” it really irritated me. ……. I am not buying it.

We have been playing this game over a decade and after all this time BST backline style shouldn’t not be exited and it was a mistake, and they have just made this adjustment to fix a problem by creating another problem.

SE, if you are so desperately want to change BST style and to see him fighting in the front line, , shouldn’t in return give BST different job abilities and traits that would benefit BST by staying in Front Line anything that will sustain the level of enjoyment for the job.

BST is one of the popular jobs in FFXI, making a vital adjustment for the job should be considered carefully & wisely. The point is as I said earlier, I don’t play BST much and I don’t consider it to me as an important job, however my real life friend find BST as his supreme job, he is so crazy about BST. If incase he left the game I will eventually also stop playing FFXI even though I was not directly affected by BST adjustment.

I am not threating, I am just saying what could happened to me even though I am a non BST player. I am not welling to play FFXI without my friend. And I felt SE should be aware of this.

SE fulfill your dream and do whatever you were intended (over 10 years ago) to do to BST; however, it’s your role also to make the job in the same time enjoyable. Any Adjustments that would keep players to play BST.
    (11)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I was in the RoV final battle a few days ago, on my PUP, I joined a shout run and we went 1/1 with PUP and SMN and other jobs.

During the fight, which I spent the whole time hiding in the corner, while my Valoredge tanked the NM, I kept thinking about BST, and how hard it would be to do that fight on BST now. On Pup, I was standing literally the other side of the arena from the mob, spamming my maneuvers, and running into Repair Range, which is thankfully far away from the NM's huge ugly AOE spam. That mob really spams AOE, and big awful horribleness everwhere. As I ran in to use Repair, I kept thinking "wow this would be impossible on Bst now."

Obviously the answer to that is "don't do that fight on Bst, do it on another job." But it is the Last Mission battle, maybe a person wants to finish the storyline on their main job, for the memories. I was lucky because my main is PUP, and I could hide in the corner the whole time.
    (7)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulNAPlayer View Post
    Yes, Hoshi. The Beastmaster must be within 7 yalms of the pet or the mob in order to execute Ready moves. However, you will still randomly get 'out of range' when trying to execute pet Ready moves depending on the size of the player, the pet or the mob. Aside from it being an incredibly tight restriction, there is a random occurrence of the Ready ability not executing altogether if your pet is not visible on screen.
    Right, but if you stand within 7 yalms of your pet, directly behind your pet who is directly behind the monster which is being held by a tank or a trust tank, why wouldn't that work? I understand that depending on the size of the mob you may have to be less than 7 yalms from your pet but from the posts here it sounds like bst is unable to position their monster behind the enemy and I am wondering why that is the case?
    (0)
    Last edited by Hoshi; 11-20-2015 at 12:18 AM.

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I was in the RoV final battle a few days ago, on my PUP, I joined a shout run and we went 1/1 with PUP and SMN and other jobs.

During the fight, which I spent the whole time hiding in the corner, while my Valoredge tanked the NM, I kept thinking about BST, and how hard it would be to do that fight on BST now. On Pup, I was standing literally the other side of the arena from the mob, spamming my maneuvers, and running into Repair Range, which is thankfully far away from the NM's huge ugly AOE spam. That mob really spams AOE, and big awful horribleness everwhere. As I ran in to use Repair, I kept thinking "wow this would be impossible on Bst now."

Obviously the answer to that is "don't do that fight on Bst, do it on another job." But it is the Last Mission battle, maybe a person wants to finish the storyline on their main job, for the memories. I was lucky because my main is PUP, and I could hide in the corner the whole time.
    The final fight is a terrible example to use with regards to BST and distance, however I think her attacks are largely conal breath attacks, I dual boxed the final fight with 4 trusts and positioned it so only I was facing the mob and most of the time my trusts didn't take damage, I think there was an AoE move in there but it certainly wasn't constant AoE damage.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Right, but if you stand within 7 yalms of your pet, directly behind your pet who is directly behind the monster which is being held by a tank or a trust tank, why wouldn't that work? I understand that depending on the size of the mob you may have to be less than 7 yalms from your pet but from the posts here it sounds like bst is unable to position their monster behind the enemy and I am wondering why that is the case?
    Yes, its possible to be behind the mob with our pets. It's not always possible or prudent to do so especially if we're playing with other people and not just trusts.

An example where we want hate on our pets only: Demolition Squad II. Typically the BST will pull the nm BST to avoid having someone being charmed. We have to fight behind the nm to avoid charm and at present we cant use JA's that far from our pets.
    (5)
    Last edited by Jile; 11-20-2015 at 01:53 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    Geeze being a little extreme aren't you people? BST can still do the SAME stuff they did before except now they are forced to run into danger. Yes its a nerf but the job still functions the same and people still want BST for everything. I think you are being a little extreme here.
    What game are you playing? All I see are shouts for plds and MBing jobs. I haven't used bst for anything outside of xping or easily soloable content since shortly after the update. Switched to other jobs that are just as safe or safer and do similar dmg or better when started getting wrecked. Only thing that has changed is which gear to retire
    (8)
    Last edited by dasva; 11-20-2015 at 02:18 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Because it's completely broken. Recently I've been on top of my pet and it still wouldn't fire off because one of the 6 mobs attacking it wasn't in range despite it being as close as it could get but other mobs blocking it's way. Plus if just standing behind the monster is fine for bst then it's fine for real melees so might as well use those instead
    (6)
    Last edited by dasva; 11-20-2015 at 02:30 AM.

Player
    Gonna chime in on this one. Whatever vision the Dev team has of beastmaster now is a illusion. I don't understand 12 years down the road why change the primary functionality of the job. When you first brought out skillchains with pets I was like how cool. I can finally melee with my pet (as you wanted the job to be..) and create skillchains. Then you brought in the the idea of hey lets make it possible to ready moves with only a 10 second timer. That it when the notion of you wanted us to play like summoners came along. You created the ripple of events by giving pets tremendous vitality and power. But what happened to the master? He was succumbed to increasing ilvls of enemies that whiffed all day because all our stats were invested in our pets. I don't know where the bright idea of nerfing the distance to that extreme came from but sorry to say is crap. You had 2 months of feedback from people and you proceeded to sugarcoat the problem by changing a command? Really? If you want us to be a front line job quit chaining us to this worthless fencer trait (since you won't give us shield buffs) Give us the option to go any subjob, give us defense abilities. Give us something besides lets just major nerf this job and reply "We Have No Plans". Do I still play beastmaster yes. I always have but it isn't cool being chained to your pet. Might as well let us mount the things and ride them. Commands might actually work then..
    (7)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    There are many fights where multiple enemies appear. Lets take dominion as an example. The primary dragon will quite often reposition itself, and our pets will on their own reposition as well, quite often moving out of the tight 7 yalm range. So you trying to hit ready, or reward, and its not working - your not sure what the problem is at first - dominion lag, range, etc. Then with the adds pop out the pet can bounce just about anywhere.

I suspect that a slight adjustment of the range from 7 yalms to 10 yalms would solve nearly all the problems - the master would still be in the fight (this is the stated goal of SE), but the pet has a slightly longer leash to do its thing.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    The final fight is a terrible example to use with regards to BST and distance, however I think her attacks are largely conal breath attacks, I dual boxed the final fight with 4 trusts and positioned it so only I was facing the mob and most of the time my trusts didn't take damage, I think there was an AoE move in there but it certainly wasn't constant AoE damage.
    Thanks but your "dual-boxed" was also terrible example to give as a reply, too. In our party of six, the mob was constantly moving to attack different people, and spinning around like Kylie Minogue, which means the conal attacks could randomly happen at any angle, equals 360' AOE. When I ran in to use Repair, the mob would suddenly be facing me, and if I had to run all the way in to use my /ja or /pet then I would have been dead lol.

I wasn't using it as the best example, only the most recent as it occurred two days ago, and at numerous times in the fight I was literally thinking "omg how would I be able to stand next to the mob to use my pet-related commands?"

That fight has been compared to the Lady Lillith fight, because of the circular large-size arena with the little mini platforms around the edge, and also because PUP and SMN were lowmanning that fight years ago, using the kite / hide in corners strategy, a strategy which has also allowed people to lowman the ROV finale.

This is a fight that can be beaten on SMN and PUP, but only because the master can stay far away. Formerly Bst would have been able to, but now cannot, which was the point I was making in my post.
    (7)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast