Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Like others, we've been spending $50/mo for over a decade. We're so deeply invested in the game that SE will get a few more payments for our three accounts and mules while we wrap up our concluding goals and then like others we will now also refuse to buy any future SE game.

Breaking a job, ignoring feedback - they're literally pushing us out the door. Weird way to run a business.
    (9)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Geeze being a little extreme aren't you people? BST can still do the SAME stuff they did before except now they are forced to run into danger. Yes its a nerf but the job still functions the same and people still want BST for everything. I think you are being a little extreme here.
    (3)

Character
    Dayquil
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    Geeze being a little extreme aren't you people? BST can still do the SAME stuff they did before except now they are forced to run into danger. Yes its a nerf but the job still functions the same and people still want BST for everything. I think you are being a little extreme here.
    Sure, I could just switch jobs like many others who only plays a job when is needed forevents, I could also just take whatever SE and the dev teams give us an move on , or I can Also protest and quit the game... Im also a BST and today is my last day farewell FFXI, was nice and fun .
    (9)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    I think the issue, as it stands today, is the lack of completeness for Beastmaster being a viable front-line job. As others have stated, Beastmaster's native job traits, abilities and skills (Shield=300) just doesn't allow the player to defend him/herself when fighting within 7 yalms of the monster.

To make matters worse, the randomness with which pet abilities execute (random 'out of range' messages which vary by monster size), makes playing Beastmaster an incredibly frustrating experience.

In the past, SE has acknowledged the need for changes to Beastmaster. (For example it took about 12-18 months after Seekers of Adoulin was released for Beastmasters to get iLvl Pets (HeraldHenry) and Ready move reforms). Yes, it took a very long time but I was grateful for SE hearing our concerns and making those changes.

However, today, I feel as if spending the past decade playing Beastmaster....seem....like a huge waste of time (and money).
    (8)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 11-19-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    As we’ve mentioned before, the development team has no plans to change the range at which beastmasters can use commands. As Matsui previously stated, we want beastmasters to be close range battle jobs and bear the risk of taking damage in the front line. This change was made, because players were using beastmaster to attack from the back line, and this was against what the development team had intended for beastmaster.
    Your players were probably doing this because you made the charge timer too short while also -significantly- boosting the damage of Ready moves.

I'd say you adjusted too much at once in our favor, but I suspect this was the plan all along (Long before the players were informed).

Adjusting the 12+ year old range in the final hurrah of the game's life was a really poor, jarring decision. Sorry, Mr. Matsui. I wish I could say something more positive.

Thanks for the recent jug pets. Those are nice.
    (6)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As we’ve mentioned before, the development team has no plans to change the range at which beastmasters can use commands. As Matsui previously stated, we want beastmasters to be close range battle jobs and bear the risk of taking damage in the front line. This change was made, because players were using beastmaster to attack from the back line, and this was against what the development team had intended for beastmaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by kylani View Post
    It has been this way for 12 years. Way to change it right before development ends. I don't care if I have to melee, but meleeing WITH my pet and commands not working is just wrong.
    I strongly agree with you there Kylani. This is a major flaw that came with the nerf to BST pet range and it should be addressed properly. Even if a BST was meleeing a mob from behind, they could possibly not get a pet command in because they aren't close to the pet. The Dev Team pretty much placed chains with BST onto their pet. So the flaw that came with the nerf seems to be intended too
    (5)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 11-19-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Literally "threw" this together since some are not understanding. The white area around the pet is the 7-yalm-and-tighter variable leash we have to be within to use our JA's.

Once you get beside the mob or go behind it JA's are disabled.

Also JA's are inconsistent - they might work, they might not.

This is not an entitlement issue. This is a coder screwed up at SE and they're not willing to look at it, issue.
    (6)
    Last edited by Jile; 11-19-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Sorry I'm completely unfamiliar with beastmaster. Is there a reason that you and your pet cannot stand behind the monster while it is held by a tank?
    (0)

Character
    Artisandge
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Sorry I'm completely unfamiliar with beastmaster. Is there a reason that you and your pet cannot stand behind the monster while it is held by a tank?
    Yes, Hoshi. The Beastmaster must be within 7 yalms of the pet or the mob in order to execute Ready moves. However, you will still randomly get 'out of range' when trying to execute pet Ready moves depending on the size of the player, the pet or the mob. Aside from it being an incredibly tight restriction, there is a random occurrence of the Ready ability not executing altogether if your pet is not visible on screen.
    (2)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    At what point over the last 11+ years did this come to be, it certainly WAS NOT the way the job was created and released!

I guess another sad example of an MMO where the original devs leave and those that come after feel the need to 'improve' the original devs' work and instead simply destroy it.

/golfclap
    (7)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast