Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    As we’ve mentioned before, the development team has no plans to change the range at which beastmasters can use commands. As Matsui previously stated, we want beastmasters to be close range battle jobs and bear the risk of taking damage in the front line. This change was made, because players were using beastmaster to attack from the back line, and this was against what the development team had intended for beastmaster.
    (7)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    As we’ve mentioned before, the development team has no plans to change the range at which beastmasters can use commands. As Matsui previously stated, we want beastmasters to be close range battle jobs and bear the risk of taking damage in the front line. This change was made, because players were using beastmaster to attack from the back line, and this was against what the development team had intended for beastmaster.
    It has been this way for 12 years. Way to change it right before development ends. I don't care if I have to melee, but meleeing WITH my pet and commands not working is just wrong.

I'm done. I'll never invest in a SE game again.
    (18)

Thank you for replying. It's a shame many people will quit ffxi with your reply though. As with others, this decision (if unrepaired) has ensured this will be my last SE game.

Does the development team also understand our job abilities do not function while fighting behind and beside mobs? This surely isn't working as intended! If this is working as intended, it's tantamount to saying if someone goes behind or beside a mob they should be forced to auto disengage. Utterly disappointing.
    (12)
    Last edited by Jile; 11-19-2015 at 08:55 AM.

Player
    There you have it people. I tried my best to help the BST community even thought my favorite job are THF and DNC but no one wants a DNC because it's a joke but people would love THF for their Treasure Hunter. We tried our best to save the legendary BST and Matsui disagree with BST range.

I find it sad because why didn't Matsui do this a long long time ago if BST was such a problem? Yet the Community Team said it was against what the development team had intended for Beastmaster but it was them that created it in the first place and it went on for years. No one care about BST and it's a job forever alone. BST can't heal themselves which is why the way you play BST is to run away, heal pet, and keep distance. The only time when a BST can fight is against a weaker NM but against a strong NM like S3 beastmaster cannot fight and they will have a accuracy issue so a beastmaster must focus all the accuracy on PET. SMN and PUP was able to keep distance and can do Damage far away and no one complain. =/

I guess it's time to band wagon BLM, SCH, SMN and PUP but i still think SCH is the number 1 rank best job in the game if one was to master the job points and make a Mythic Staff. Hang in their everyone BST is still a powerful job if you master job points. It just more annoying to play because you gonna need the help of a white mage to watch over you. BST will continue to make other DD cry like a baby if you still enjoy playing BST than continue on. =)

Mr. Tanaka we the community of FFXI will forever miss you and you always be number 1 director because it was you who created BST to be like that.
    (3)

Character
    Midnightgirl
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Even when we are fighting with our pets on the mob. You can not do your moves because you are to far away from your pet. Like for me I am fighting the mob from the back and my pet is in the front. And It tells me that I am to far away to do a job ability or to use my pet food. Then when a mob that aggro and does a aoe's it hits your pet and your pet goes after the mob that aoe. It makes it hard for you to use your pet move's. It is so messed up that your not going to help bst out with this problem.
    (7)

Character
    Halzton
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Oh ! Really sad to hear the decision of developers. Ill particularly change mind, instead of waiting for the free pass to end, ill quit now.
    (7)

Character
    Arenegeth
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Thank you. Sincerely.

I have a better use for my $50 per month (three accounts plus a ton of storage mules) but I was too invested in my character to let go, despite numerous issues I chronically had with your game design decisions. Now I can move on.

No hard feelings though, good luck to the development team with whatever they will end up working on next.

And for the BST's still sticking around, good luck to you too.
    (11)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    And as everyone else has mentioned the changes you have made have made it so that even fighting on the front lines it's still messing up. You've only stopped bst from fighting back line by making most stop playing the job
    (12)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    But even then the Beastmaster is chained to their pet, and this change has it's flaws with where the BST has to get in such a position where even in melee range they won't be able to dish out commands.

There should be some adjustments that should address this flaw for this
    (7)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 11-19-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Today, I will do my talking with my wallet. I won't be buying another Square Enix game and cancelled my pre-order for Final Fantasy XV.
    (10)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast