Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Curtsey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90

Going to try the free week, anything change in the past year and a half?

As title suggests, going to try the free week see how things are, was just wondering if anything has changed from 1-90 to maybe warrant starting a new job just to experience new things(if there are any)?

If not I will probably just start up and play my MNK.

I thank anyone in advance.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    specifically before max level? Other than EXP being doled out a lot faster and having Trust, no.

At 99? Everything has changed. Too much to put in a forum post.
    (1)

Character
    Curtsey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    specifically before max level? Other than EXP being doled out a lot faster and having Trust, no.

At 99? Everything has changed. Too much to put in a forum post.
    Trusts were already around when I last played in july/august, I guess nothing has changed in the leveling experience.

Thank you, this is what I wanted to know
    (0)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/wiki/qol

Rhapsodies has changed a bunch of things, but not leveling except for being able to have 5 Trusts out now, and the cost of things from Valor books being reduced by the Rhapsodies items. Leveling hasn't been hard since the December 2013 update. It's been all the timers on old endgame activities, which Rhapsodies reduced. Leveling was meant to be a greatly shortened process as of Abyssea, so they haven't needed to change it much more. You get low level equipment much more readily from Records of Eminence NPCs, but that's pretty much it. You are expected to be level 99 in your first month, and they don't really need to change that.

There are so many more activites than leveling to do, and that's where the focus is.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You should probably level up BST. MNK is quite literally a waste of time.
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Curtsey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthdigger View Post
    You should probably level up BST. MNK is quite literally a waste of time.
    Reasoning behind this? I haven't played BST since I think near the beta of the game..which was over ten years ago.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtsey View Post
    Reasoning behind this? I haven't played BST since I think near the beta of the game..which was over ten years ago.
    Well, bst is pretty OP. They tried to nerf it, but all they really did was make playing it as annoying as possible by reducing the range of pet commands to "stretch out your arms, if you aren't touching it then it's too far away".
    (0)

Character
    Curtsey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Well, bst is pretty OP. They tried to nerf it, but all they really did was make playing it as annoying as possible by reducing the range of pet commands to "stretch out your arms, if you aren't touching it then it's too far away".
    Alright, I'm generally a solo player anyway, so I'll look into BST I suppose. I see you can get familiars now, do people actually use them? Or do you still simply charm EM~+ mobs?
    (0)

Player
    Play whatever job you want to play. All jobs are viable now, people can just be overly picky when it comes to group content. Yes, Monks are on the lower end of the stick in terms of DPS, but they're still strong.

If you're good at your job and geared, you'll do more than enough for any content in the game right now. If you're lacking gear, party with some friends or go solo some stuff with trusts and you can get it easily.
    (0)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Play whatever job you want to play. All jobs are viable now, people can just be overly picky when it comes to group content. Yes, Monks are on the lower end of the stick in terms of DPS, but they're still strong.

If you're good at your job and geared, you'll do more than enough for any content in the game right now. If you're lacking gear, party with some friends or go solo some stuff with trusts and you can get it easily.
    I don't really see them being able to obtain 119 gear, or do the later SoA and RoV missions solo with trusts in 117 gear :P
    (0)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast