Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

World Server Population/World Merger???

Can someone please advise or perhaps if this was already asked and answered, if an upcoming world server merger is happening anytime soon?

I can only imagine as we progress further down the anticipated road map towards final implementation of the Rhapsody storyline/conclusion as well as the ending of the 360/PS2 support platform, that world populations will continue to dip and suffer, which will make enjoying more difficult content even harder... is there a plan to merge servers to increase the population per server?

I would dislike having to pay to world transfer to a world even less populated than my own.

Thanks.
    (3)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It is asked approximately every 2 hours here. No answer yet.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    Can someone please advise or perhaps if this was already asked and answered, if an upcoming world server merger is happening anytime soon?

I can only imagine as we progress further down the anticipated road map towards final implementation of the Rhapsody storyline/conclusion as well as the ending of the 360/PS2 support platform, that world populations will continue to dip and suffer, which will make enjoying more difficult content even harder... is there a plan to merge servers to increase the population per server?

I would dislike having to pay to world transfer to a world even less populated than my own.

Thanks.
    The last word we got is they won't be considering it until sometime after the end of console service at the earliest.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-05-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The last word we got is they won't be considering it until sometime after the end of console service at the earliest.
    Only response I remember is this one:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...diel-17-Digest

So perhaps a server merge might happen soon after the November update.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    We think they are waiting to see how many people return to the game after the final RoV, how many people are staying in FFXI to build the new Aeonic Weapons, and other long-term challenges.

The current Trust-infused game is tailored towards lower server numbers, and if a huge number of people return to FFXI, this may cause some problems. Will people still solo Dawn with their trusts, while the rest of the server waits outside? These are the type of things to be considered, is my guess. I'm only guessing, and also I think server merges would be fun. But it seems like they are going to review the population numbers next year, and try to manage any merges so that it doesn't negatively impact gameplay.
    (4)

Player
    Now that November happened, is there any talk of server merging?

I'm kinda tiring of my server being active only for 2 hours per day. =_=
    (0)

Player
    You could always move now with a discounted rate if it's that important to you.
    (0)