Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Personally I would've preferred an enhancement to the job's most iconic trait. For example :

Warrior Master : Double Attack has a chance to Triple Attack, Double Attack potency increases Triple attack chance rate.
    Red Mage : Fast Cast has a chance to proceed Quick Magic instead, Quick Magic rate increases with Fast Cast amount.
    Thief : Triple Attack has a Chance to Quadruple Attack, Quadruple attack activation increases TH upgrade chance by 50%.

Etc. Etc.

But like I said before, I'd settle for being able to use the Motion command with job emotes. =/
    (3)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    I think if you asked ten different players for realistic suggestions of what the 2100 JP gift should be you'd get ten different answers. Some would want something that would change the job's play, some would want a specialized cosmetic change, and I personally would want a bonus that applied across all 99 jobs, compounding with other mastered jobs and encouraging people to keep going.

Any solution was going to leave some people disappointed, and it's not like this is the end of the world (even if -15 minutes from SP abilities is literally worthless: it doesn't open up any new strategies for any job), nor is it even the most disappointing dropped ball this update (lol Emporox), but yeah. Sucks.
    Could've just gone with the other benchmark points like the 100 and 1200 again. Or instead of -15 min make it 15 min.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Could've just gone with the other benchmark points like the 100 and 1200 again. Or instead of -15 min make it 15 min.
    10 different answers. That would give thf TH15 and I didn't even want TH13.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I like the stars. They look cool. I'm working on mine now.

But where can you get a Revitalizer with silt? I didn't see any for sale.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Yeah I understand no answer would be perfect and please everyone... but most would be much better than this. Not being able to be perfect is no reason not to at least make a good attempt
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmonts View Post
    There is a video showing the effect? I'd like to see it.
    It's a trio of stars over your head, which you can turn on and off if you want (but who would want to???) Looks like this:

(1)

7. 11-14-2015 08:51 AM

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    The fact that fans would want different things for the max gifts, doesn't mean that having no specific gifts is the answer, or even with merit. There are man answers people would be happy with. For example, my bf would be happy with anything job changing for Summoner, or Thief. Lower bp recast, another summon, another blood pact, even a boost to favor potency... all would be more welcome than just a generic drop of 15 mins for every job don't you think? There's a lot of jobs that can benefit from job specific changes. On top of that, some 1 hours are better than others so it's not even a balanced thing to do. This reminds me of the can't make everyone happy so just do nothing argument. The stars are also lackluster in my opinion, was hoping for a glow or particle effect or something.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    On our LS we all thought it would be an all-jobs "Auto-RR" effect, and a single jobspecific bonus too, at 2100jp. We were wrong!

I was secretly hoping that WAR would get "2-handed delay -50" or something like that, because I do love my gaxe and feel a bit sad that Savage Blade is now my best ws lol.

The stars look really cool, I like seeing them on other people, even though I won't get mine for quite some time lol.
    I'm not sure why anyone would think it would be something that huge. Or for that matter why anyone thought it would be anything more than what the game says it is: -15 mins off your 1hours and the stars over your head.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I was hoping for a new JA or spells etc... stars, and reduction of SPs .... just seems lacking, and almost discouraging.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone would think it would be something that huge. Or for that matter why anyone thought it would be anything more than what the game says it is: -15 mins off your 1hours and the stars over your head.
    The 2100 Jobpoints Gift is a large task, when you are solo. It is certainly much faster for people in big linkshells who spam alliance events where CAP rains down endlessly.

And my friends and I have speculated, that for the 2100 stage, some kind of big reward was in order. I'm not saying that I don't love the Jobpoints/Gift system, because I love all of it and I think the Devs did an outstanding job on it all. I'm not saying the stars aren't cute, or that getting a permanent 25% of a Revitalizer / Reive "ability reset" isn't an interesting idea, its just that for 2100 Jobpoints my friends and I were expecting something more job-specific.

In the case of WAR, our gifts were heavily "Fencer"-related, which is why I was hoping the 2100 gift would be related to 2-handed weapons, to balance things out a bit.

I wasn't actually complaining, just saying that my friends had speculated for ages about the final gift, and all the speculations were job-specific bonuses of one type or another.
    (4)
    Last edited by Stompa; 11-18-2015 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Brevity.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast