Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This like being on dial up all over again I've been downloading now since the server came back up and only at 20% ....they used to do a few batch files on a big down load and a patch why in this age of data transmission do I need to have not 1 but 2 tweleve hour downloads? This is like dial up all over again :'(
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    slowest update ive seen in years.
    (0)

Character
    Billnes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Hi folks,
    Is anyone else experiencing very slow download times? Is anyone not one leviathan experiencing slow downloads? I've been on 1 FILE for about 20 minutes now
    I'm leaving this reply on Tuesday, November 10th, 12 Noon USA Eastern Standard Time.

I still can't get the update. I use Optimum Online. It's nice and quick, but I just can't seem to hold the connection to get the download. I have lots of RL stuff to do today, so I'll try again about 5pm USA East and report what happens.
    (0)

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quick! Everyone stop downloading and let me test how it runs
    (2)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Earlier this morning it took about 2 1/2 hours to get 5%, so I decided to leave it on and went to bed. Got up hoping to get on but got met with that I d/ced in the middle of it -.- Really don't feel like having the whole day being taken up redoing ALL of it because it doesn't pick up where it left off
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Obysuca View Post
    Earlier this morning it took about 2 1/2 hours to get 5%, so I decided to leave it on and went to bed. Got up hoping to get on but got met with that I d/ced in the middle of it -.- Really don't feel like having the whole day being taken up redoing ALL of it because it doesn't pick up where it left off
    I think the downloads do. The "checking" phase won't, but that's less time intensive than the downloads.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Quote Originally Posted by Obysuca View Post
    Really don't feel like having the whole day being taken up redoing ALL of it because it doesn't pick up where it left off
    It actually should.

As far as I know, the up-to-date files that are downloaded during version updates are removed only after they've replaced the old files (and only after all the files required have been successfully downloaded).

I often interrupt the update process just before it fully completes, so that I can copy all the files with the tmp2-suffix elsewhere and use them to update my other installation(s), if/when need be. That way I'm not unnecessarily loading the already heavily loaded servers even further. ^^

Alternatively, I may have a simple script copying said files every five minutes or so, removing the need for me to stay sharp for when the time comes.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Billnes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Hi folks,
    Is anyone else experiencing very slow download times? Is anyone not one leviathan experiencing slow downloads? I've been on 1 FILE for about 20 minutes now
    4:08 PM EST on November 10th. Download on Optimum Online, in New York. Started at 12:30, 74% done.
    (0)

Character
    Afin
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    started at 3 p.m. gmt, and only 625 files to go!, after at least 1 server connection lost due to traffic anyway, but really, this is wasting valuable double cp time, you should've really considered giving the bonus campaigns (as its in 2 parts this month) at least a day later to give time for everyone to get in for the update, now folks will only get 9 days over 10 on part 1 =(
    (2)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Hey, i'm back & haven't started the update, remembrance of old pol viewer update days

Hey, I'm back again all and haven't started the update yet making it my decision to wait it out by remembering what it was like updating in old days on ps2 when they would also update something related to the PoL viewer or this case for pc users my belief it's also the pol.config tool for windows(PC) users only is being updated in this patch based update as well as yeah i'm positive a ton of players who only play during the free subscription periods came back to play ffxi yet again too. I can imagine those getting the expansions they don't have yet downloaded in this traffic of a patch is only adding to the old days of slowness that's still around too.

I myself remembering what its like when everyone is coming jamming together to get the updated at the same time would cause sever congestion to get the downloads and as such I usually wait til a later time to start the downloads at a time when I believe mostly everyone's done getting there update finally completed but that being said I do agree and do wish all the events would start at a later time of day as well since we basically bombarded with too many events to do to get to them all in the allotted time they've given us in the month to do all shown campaigns/events/holiday events up and running at this current time, especially if we are living on a busy schedule to note it.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-11-2015 at 07:28 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast