(0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrhofal View Post
    For testing purpose I also whitelisted my Client in my router for outgoing traffic and disabled any kind of Intrusion Protection.
    Doesn't look any better though.
    From what I can see the delay is when initialising a file (new file stuck several seconds at 0% before downloading) and then again at 75% (most of the time.)
    When I checked the Router the traffic rarely goes above 970kbit/ unless I do some performance tests (and that is remotely connected to the client...) ; ;
    I'm counting 12 seconds on average for a file to download and once it begins it takes all of 2 seconds to finish before it moves on to the next. When you're talking 2500 files, that's several hours wait time just for the damn files to start downloading.....

I don't think it's a congestion issue. We know very sadly what a congestion issue is like when downloading these updates, and it's not happening here. At this rate it's only going to get worse and I may as well plan to log in sometime tomorrow instead of today.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well I only see 42 people on all of Carbuncle right now.
    (0)

Character
    Altered
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah i pretty much just copied my bro's updated files on a usb then transferred it to my computer.

GL
    (0)

Character
    Vanyar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    I'm counting 12 seconds on average for a file to download and once it begins it takes all of 2 seconds to finish before it moves on to the next. When you're talking 2500 files, that's several hours wait time just for the damn files to start downloading.....

I don't think it's a congestion issue. We know very sadly what a congestion issue is like when downloading these updates, and it's not happening here. At this rate it's only going to get worse and I may as well plan to log in sometime tomorrow instead of today.
    I see ~12seconds for a file to start downloading as well. The download time itself varies a lot (which makes sense).
    (0)

Player
    My theory is that there are really very few servers assigned to the FFXI update, because I did start the FFXIV update at the same time and is bigger (or, at least, the same size, more than 1.2 GB) and it only took 25 mins to download.

8 hours later and the update is at 31% (´_ゝ`)

At least it didn't disconnect like it used to be in the past...
    (0)

Character
    Ikillshy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There is definately an issue on SE's end they just will not admit it nor do anything about it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikillshy View Post
    There is definately an issue on SE's end they just will not admit it nor do anything about it.
    It is, the same problem they've had for years and no, it is not going to be solved.
    Too many people downloading the update at the same time, and SE's patch server is lacking the bandwith to provide everyone.
    To top it all off, this update is humongous, over 1 gigabyte worth of files, close to 1.5 gigs even. If I'd had to guess, this is probably the largest downloadable patch this game has ever had.
    It's larger than most actual expansions when you bought them on actual disks. Yes, it is.

And since this is the "final" content patch ever to be released for this game, I figure many people resubscribed to see the end, adding to the pool of people trying to download the patch.
    (0)

Character
    Vanyar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    (0)

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This like being on dial up all over again I've been downloading now since the server came back up and only at 20% ....they used to do a few batch files on a big down load and a patch why in this age of data transmission do I need to have not 1 but 2 tweleve hour downloads? This is like dial up all over again :'(
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast