So where do I start to unlock Trusts?

I left FFXI back in 2013 to play FFXIV full time. I just reactivated my account last night for FFXI just to see how things are right now, but I am only going to be playing it for a month or two while still playing FFXIV.

Where do I go in FFXI to unlock trusts? Which cities and NPCs? I want to unlock as many as I can because one of the main reasons that I left FFXI back in 2013 was that I also could never find a party with people so I could level easier. That and having a low amount of gil to buy things. Is it easier to get gil now?

EDIT:

I also have never gotten high enough in levels because I could never find parties. Do I still have to go through Maat to do the Limit Break from getting Lv50 to Lv55 and onwards? If so, is it easier to do it now? Or did they remove it?
    (0)
    Last edited by Naraku_Diabolos; 11-14-2015 at 12:44 AM.

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    After attaining level 5, accept the tutorial quest by talking to one of the following NPCs:

Gondebaud in Southern San d'Oria (L-6): Trust: San d'Oria
    Clarion Star in Port Bastok (K-7): Trust: Bastok
    Wetata in Windurst Woods (G-10): Trust: Windurst
    You cannot have more than one initial Trust quest active.
    You must be Rank 7 in a starting city to unlock the advanced trusts!

Also maat is still there, but you can use trusts, in fact every 5 lvls till 99 has a limit break kinda quest
    http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Limit_Break
    (0)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Well a few issues;
    1) the trust quest takes all of 5 seconds to complete, and while you cant start the next until the previous is complete, all you have to do is zone to a field area, summon the trust, then go back to the npc and talk with them....quest done.
    2) Once you finish your first quest you unlock several RoE quests where you get a trust cipher, hand it in, summon the trust, do this 4-5 times and you get a bonus 4 or so trusts to go with the initial 1 u unlocked. You will have a bard, tank, healer, and dd
    3) Advanced trusts are at rank 1/3/6, and being rank 6 in any nation means you can get the rank 6 trust from all 3
    4) You unlock the ability to summon more than 3 trusts from doing the rhapsodies quest line, the first KI you get can be done at circa 15 and grants you 4 trusts at a time.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Naraku_Diabolos View Post
    I left FFXI back in 2013 to play FFXIV full time. I just reactivated my account last night for FFXI just to see how things are right now, but I am only going to be playing it for a month or two while still playing FFXIV.

Where do I go in FFXI to unlock trusts? Which cities and NPCs? I want to unlock as many as I can because one of the main reasons that I left FFXI back in 2013 was that I also could never find a party with people so I could level easier. That and having a low amount of gil to buy things. Is it easier to get gil now?

EDIT:

I also have never gotten high enough in levels because I could never find parties. Do I still have to go through Maat to do the Limit Break from getting Lv50 to Lv55 and onwards? If so, is it easier to do it now? Or did they remove it?
    Records of Eminence in your Quests menu points you towards nearly all of the things you are going to want, like Trusts.

All the limit break quests still have to be done, but the 5th one allows you to use Trusts if you have finished Chapter 1 of Rhapsodies of Vanadiel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/wiki/qol

This also summarizes, and points to instructions, what has changed over the years.

What's funny is that when you left in 2013 is when they started making the big changes that made the game mostly soloable, including adding Trusts.

Maat has been easily soloable on a bunch of jobs for years, with WHM being super easy since they added Repose during Abyssea. Leveling should never have been a problem after Level Sync was added with Wings of the Goddess, as the level of people didn't matter anymore.

Gil is easy, since you can convert Sparks to gil, and crour also had a high conversion rate for years, but gil is mostly useless now since you use non-tradable currencies for most things.
    (0)
    Last edited by bungiefanNA; 11-14-2015 at 06:54 AM.
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    gil is mostly useless now since you use non-tradable currencies for most things.
    You still need a significant amount of gil to upgrade AF/Relic/Empyrean gear to 119.
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    You still need a significant amount of gil to upgrade AF/Relic/Empyrean gear to 119.
    You only need the gil if you decide to buy stock from players. You can of course farm it yourself as an option. SOMEONE has to farm it or it wouldn't even be available to buy. :P
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Chapters are free and EX. Most upgrade items are EX. Those that you can trade are easy enough, and you need to do the events they come from at least once, like Vagary, to unlock the ability to upgrade. They also give away most of the items in monthly login campaigns.

Gil has much less use than it did in the past, as most equipment you wear is EX now, and consumable items like spell scrolls or ninja tools have NPCs undercutting the market. You pretty much just use gil for currencies for Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Ergon/Aeonic upgrade items, like Ancient Beastcoins, ancient currencies, adamantite, heavy metal plates, umbral marrow, and high purity bayld. Not much else is going to require gil from you, you will use bayld, cruor, accolades, sparks, and such at NPCs.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    You only need the gil if you decide to buy stock from players. You can of course farm it yourself as an option. SOMEONE has to farm it or it wouldn't even be available to buy. :P
    If you don't already have 119 gear, it's kind of hard to farm Delve bosses, hard mode battlefields and Vagary (solo or finding a group who'll take you).
    (0)

So with spell scrolls, would I be able to obtain them more easily? I'd hate to quest for the rare one, but I already have Utsusemi. I would like to complete my spell list which is why I'm asking. I did not know if a lot, or almost all of them, could be handed to you.
    (0)

As far as I know, the only other source for quested scrolls is the goblin box. However, there's such a huge variety of stuff you can get from it, getting what you want is pretty unlikely. Although, that does mean there's a sporadic supply of them so they should be cheaper on the AH than they were in the past.
    (0)