Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Why are the forum sections region locked?

This wasn't always the case, it seems to be a recent thing. So even if someone knows both languages, and has friends on the other side, they can't reply to each other's posts outside of the game. This makes no sense.
    (3)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Are they region locked? I can't understand a word of Japanese but I just went over there to see and I have a message box, I didn't try posting but it doesn't seem locked.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    probably some sily nonsense that we wouldn't believe if they told us the reason

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Are they region locked? I can't understand a word of Japanese but I just went over there to see and I have a message box, I didn't try posting but it doesn't seem locked.
    then again maybe it's a glitch only some of us are having
    (0)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

If you check posts over there, the Reply button is gone, and Reply With Quote says you don't have permission to access that function.

We have in the past had JP forum users come over to the English forums to post information, and I've had to post requests to the JP forum once or twice via Google Translate to get my kanji right. There are people on BlueGartr that understand both languages well.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Things seem to work fine for me over there, but I didn't try to make a thread or reply to something, so maybe it won't block me until then. But as far as hitting the reply/thread links go...all is well.

My first instinct is to mention how I can't fathom SE would make the effort to enforce region locks on an internet forum, but I then realized that it's about in line with the way they do things, and instead chose to mention how I was thinking of mentioning it.......

If you check posts over there, the Reply button is gone, and Reply With Quote says you don't have permission to access that function.
    The only time I see this on NA forums, is when a post is no longer allowed comment. It's closed, or it was a dev post with information. You sure it wasn't one of these cases? It doesn't make sense that only some of us can use those boards while others can't. I tried reply with quote too, and it worked.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vold; 11-16-2015 at 11:59 AM.

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Weird, I checked a thread I couldn't reply to on Friday and now I can.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hm. Well it doesnt' seem ot be everywhere but I got a lot of "you dont have permission" errors when trying to reply. And I'm certain i was in an ordinary forum section.
    (0)