Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Player Safiyyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    42
    Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

    Aeonic Weapons- A Grand Opportunity for Balancing DD Jobs

    It's widely known that 2hander DD's (especially warrior and dark knight, but to a lesser extent dragoon and samurai) are weak right now. There are a lot of reasons why this is the case, but it's not too late to fix this for the last major round of content.

    Give the Aeonic 2handed weapons very large amounts of accuracy, and tie them to powerful weaponskills.

    Currently 2h WSes lag behind 1h ones like Chant du Cygne (this weaponskill is way too powerful!). There is no reason why this should remain the status quo. And dual 1h weapons have higher stat bonuses compared to 2h plus grip. To balance this, either give 2h weapons higher stats, give grips higher stats, or restore the ratio of attack/accuracy given by STR/DEX for 2h weapons to the old 1:1 ratio.
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player Zarchery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    There is no such thing as game balance. It is a sasquatch everybody has been chasing for 13 years.
    (3)

  3. #3
    Player Safiyyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    42
    Character
    Safiyyah
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    There is no such thing as game balance. It is a sasquatch everybody has been chasing for 13 years.
    You are wrong, of course. There is no reason why blue mage should be 30% ahead in raw damage of mythic dark knight (more as accuracy requirements grow!). There is no reason why dancer should be 40-50% ahead of mythic warrior. And when you figure that WAR/DRK/DRG/SAM aren't exactly solo powerhouses like the 1hander jobs, it's a fundamentally broken situation.

    The 2hander jobs, excepting rune fencer which is fine, really only bring damage to the table. Blue mage, for instance, can do high damage. It can nuke. It can AoE cleave. It can solo high-tier battlefields. It can farm. BLU has benefited from many incremental buffs but it has grown out of control with the latest AoE nukes, Mighty Guard, and the strength of Chante du Cygne. CDC needs a substantial nerf, at least 30%, and BLU AoE spells should scale with number of targets. Dancer is nearly as broken, better raw melee damage compared to blue mage, but it lacks the cleaving utility.
    (1)

  4. #4
    Player Tidis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    435
    Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Is CDC OP? I tend to get more damage out of Savage Blade, the only plus side to CDC is that it can self-light.
    (1)

  5. #5
    Player Daniel_Hatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,577
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Safiyyah View Post
    You are wrong, of course. There is no reason why blue mage should be 30% ahead in raw damage of mythic dark knight (more as accuracy requirements grow!). There is no reason why dancer should be 40-50% ahead of mythic warrior. And when you figure that WAR/DRK/DRG/SAM aren't exactly solo powerhouses like the 1hander jobs, it's a fundamentally broken situation.

    The 2hander jobs, excepting rune fencer which is fine, really only bring damage to the table. Blue mage, for instance, can do high damage. It can nuke. It can AoE cleave. It can solo high-tier battlefields. It can farm. BLU has benefited from many incremental buffs but it has grown out of control with the latest AoE nukes, Mighty Guard, and the strength of Chante du Cygne. CDC needs a substantial nerf, at least 30%, and BLU AoE spells should scale with number of targets. Dancer is nearly as broken, better raw melee damage compared to blue mage, but it lacks the cleaving utility.
    It does not need a nerf, others need a buff. Why is that such a hard concept.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Is CDC OP? I tend to get more damage out of Savage Blade, the only plus side to CDC is that it can self-light.
    Nowhere near a certain Storm WS can be.
    (0)

  6. #6
    Player Ulth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    578
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    It does not need a nerf, others need a buff. Why is that such a hard concept.



    Nowhere near a certain Storm WS can be.
    blu can /thf and sneak attack savage blade as well. I can't believe people are still complaining about rudra's after its damage was cut by 1/3. I guess anything to shift the aim of the nerf bat off themselves.
    (0)

  7. #7
    Player Daniel_Hatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,577
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    blu can /thf and sneak attack savage blade as well. I can't believe people are still complaining about rudra's after its damage was cut by 1/3. I guess anything to shift the aim of the nerf bat off themselves.
    I'm not complaining. It was a statement. CDC Isn't as powerful as Rudra's, I'm not asking for a change to CDC or even Rudra's.

    Don't panic.
    (0)

  8. #8
    Player Tidis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    435
    Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I'm not complaining. It was a statement. CDC Isn't as powerful as stacked Rudra's, I'm not asking for a change to CDC or even Rudra's.

    Don't panic.
    ftfy.

    If you're talking base unstacked damage, CDC beats Rudra's, stacked Rudra's will be stronger though.
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player Ulth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    578
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    ftfy.

    If you're talking base unstacked damage, CDC beats Rudra's, stacked Rudra's will be stronger though.
    Of course thf can only stack a rudra's every 30 seconds or so provided the party is capable of teamwork, how many CDC's can a blue get off in that time?
    (0)

  10. #10
    Player Tidis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    435
    Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Of course thf can only stack a rudra's every 30 seconds or so provided the party is capable of teamwork, how many CDC's can a blue get off in that time?
    Hmm with all the traits, especially if you're 100/1200 JP BLU then that becomes even more relevant, add in that CDC self-lights then BLU should be able to pull that off very consistently.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread