Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    We have no plans to add a feature that would allow players to “hide” spells or abilities.
    (3)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We have no plans to add a feature that would allow players to “hide” spells or abilities.
    I'm pretty upset that most of our requests (99.9% of which were reasonable) got thrown out so that THIS could have the undivided attention of the Dev Team:

"The movement of the front right legs of beetles has been increased."

Really?
    (1)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    What gets me here is that three people 'liked' this, just another example of people saying NO to something they see no use for in spite of the patently obvious fact that the console-based menu system, in FFXI is horrible and the spell list is the worst example of it due to the bloat of spells over the years.

Manual sorting is NOT the solution as someone said, the list is still vast, it needs SOMETHING DOING. I never understood why each mage 'school' wasn't it's own menu, but I get PS2 limitations were the reason, as usual.
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    What gets me here is that three people 'liked' this, just another example of people saying NO to something they see no use for in spite of the patently obvious fact that the console-based menu system, in FFXI is horrible and the spell list is the worst example of it due to the bloat of spells over the years.

Manual sorting is NOT the solution as someone said, the list is still vast, it needs SOMETHING DOING. I never understood why each mage 'school' wasn't it's own menu, but I get PS2 limitations were the reason, as usual.
    Don't want to be or mean to be rude, if i'm being rude, sorry in advance but Just think what it will be like after they removed limited based systems such as consoles from there ffxi game? I'm just hoping to see the improvements to such a game as FFXI after this fact since i'm one of those players to no longer being on a console based system with its high limitations people just don't notice/realize about them or realize that those consoles have more limitations then easily noticeable to the human eye/mind.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If ya picking spells from the list you're doing it wrong!?... This is why they made macro for! ^^;

I mean how hard is it to; /magic "spellname" <stnpc> or <stpc> or <me> and <t> and <st> list goes on.
    (1)

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    If ya picking spells from the list you're doing it wrong!?... This is why they made macro for! ^^;

I mean how hard is it to; /magic "spellname" <stnpc> or <stpc> or <me> and <t> and <st> list goes on.
    I'm positive on this but since it's been a while Krash i'll just ask you to confirm this macro select targeting method is another one and that it's correct as well! :-P Okay Krash there is also one to select party members by the numbers in this way correct!?~> <p1> = player party member number 1, <p2> = select party member 2, <p3> = select party member 3 etc. or am I typing it out just a bit wrong/off to do it that way? Thanks for the reminder and to let others know of this method too in advance!!
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It is correct that you can use <p1> <p2> etc, but I find that to be unnecessarily clunky, requiring six macros for one ability. Instead, you should use either <stpt> or <stal> for healing depending on your group size; when using a macro with that target, it will create a cursor down at your party list for you to indicate who you want to heal by pressing enter. Or whatever controller inputs are. <stpt> specifies your party even in an alliance and will only wrap around in your party list, while <stal> will allow you to go through the whole alliance list. I prefer <stpt> because if I"m on healing duty, I'm usually only in charge of my party.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    It is correct that you can use <p1> <p2> etc, but I find that to be unnecessarily clunky, requiring six macros for one ability. Instead, you should use either <stpt> or <stal> for healing depending on your group size; when using a macro with that target, it will create a cursor down at your party list for you to indicate who you want to heal by pressing enter. Or whatever controller inputs are. <stpt> specifies your party even in an alliance and will only wrap around in your party list, while <stal> will allow you to go through the whole alliance list. I prefer <stpt> because if I"m on healing duty, I'm usually only in charge of my party.
    Yeah, I totally agree with that on it being created in more macro's needed to do it for one spell which in my past experience I knew players who would set it that way claiming it's faster but I myself had always wondered how it could be faster and just don't see how <p1> etc. is faster when you have to basically set a ton of macro's for that one spell to all players in the party list or alliance list over in that sort of way. Anyway's was giving another macro example and thanks for illustrating it even further like I had hoped, Thank you! ;-)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-13-2015 at 11:39 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by radarbabyeater View Post
    I'm pretty upset that most of our requests (99.9% of which were reasonable) got thrown out so that THIS could have the undivided attention of the Dev Team:

"The movement of the front right legs of beetles has been increased."

Really?
    Well, it is a glitch that's been in the game for its entire existence....

Also, you're not "doing it wrong" by using the menu. I use a combination of both macros and menu commands. I really don't want to make a macro for every one of the hundreds of spells, plus the macros to switch sets/bars/whatever. So especially for the spells I don't use as much, I have my menu arranged in a very spcific way, so that the spells I use most in this fashion are one or two taps of left or right away.
    (1)

Character
    Runeth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 21
    I support a hide spells function or NPC to forget magic. I just recently started playing again and my spell list is already getting bloated. :/
    (1)
    Last edited by KineticSoul; 11-21-2015 at 10:34 PM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast