Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Manifestation no longer works with spike spells

Was this recently changed? Both major wikis still say manifestation is supposed to work with spike spells. I know these were not AOE-able originally, then changed (with no notice iirc) and have worked for years. However, it's not working for me any longer. Not only is my party not receiving the effect, but MP cost remains the single-target cost with manifestation up, and the manifestation buff does not disappear after the spell is cast. I tried with blaze, ice and shock.

Can anyone else confirm this? I have 7 job points in Stratagem Effect IV (recast time reduction for Accession and Manifestation). I'm wondering if that's bugging something out. I'd like to see if anyone with 0 in that category experiences the same thing.

I'm really hoping that this wasn't another recent "fix" in line with the F8 one
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah I noticed it doesn't work with manifestation anymore either. The Elemental spikes spells wasn't meant to be stackable with manifestation because it doesn't fall under Enfeebling Magic / Dark Magic, so it had to be a bug that was never picked up on all these years. I still liked the idea of AoE ele spike spells.
    (1)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I agree this never "should" have worked based on the description. When I first tried it in '07 I wasn't surprised when it didn't. But a couple years later one of my LS mates asked for AOE ice spikes and I looked like the boob insisting that it didn't work... Except it suddenly did.

A rep response would be nice. I'd like to know if this has been intentionally fixed to work as intended or if the new behavior is the bug. Sadly, I expect the former.
    (0)

Greetings,

The ability to make spike-type spells AoE through Manifestation was actually a bug that was fixed some time ago, and as such it is no longer possible to do this.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

The ability to make spike-type spells AoE through Manifestation was actually a bug that was fixed some time ago, and as such it is no longer possible to do this.
    Thanks for clearing that up Camate! It sucks that it really was a bug all this time, although I did like how doing aoe spikes was kinda cool. Anyways with that out of the way, I wanted to bring something else up that I hope would get the Dev's attention.
    My thoughts at the current times at this point of the game regarding Scholar's Job Ability Modus Veritas itself and along with it's Job Point Category that adds damage to Modus Veritas. This is disappointing to this day that nothing was ever done towards readdressing the main issue with landing Modus Veritas ever since they nerfed it over 5 years ago over an army of Scholars using Modus Veritas on Absolute Virtue back at level 75 cap. Ever since they patched it, It's just miss a target left and right. And to have a Job Point Category added for something that almost always misses, it's really disappointing. It wasn't until during around Voidwatch times that they lowered the recast of Modus Veritas down to 3 minutes, and then later they changed that weakness proc to Libra. However this does not address the primary issue with Modus Veritas actually landing. I feel that considering how Modus Veritas has a job point category in which it adds 3 magic damage per job point level, and that it misses, it won't get enhanced. I want to understand how did the Devs came up with Modus Veritas effect job point category without considering how it will miss nearly all the time. I understand why back then they felt the need to nerf it hard, but looking at it now it's ridiculous. They need to either

A: readjust the accuracy of Modus Veritas back to where you'll land it without fail and then adjust it in some way after the first use of MV if multiple scholars try to stack it,.

B. remove Modus Verita Effect from the job points Category, and replace it with something else

With the Job Point Category "Modus Veritas Effect", they should have to consider the main issue regarding Modus Veritas's problem of constantly missing your target and have to make adjustments to it in order to gain the bonus Magic Damage when job points are spent into it. so they'd have find some way to make a fix that restores it pre-nerf, or just get rid of that job point effect and make a new job point slot for scholar to replace it
    (2)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 10-08-2015 at 04:01 AM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Boo. Oh well. Thanks, Camate. I appreciate the clarification!
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    My thoughts at the current times at this point of the game regarding Scholar's Job Ability Modus Veritas itself and along with it's Job Point Category that adds damage to Modus Veritas. This is disappointing to this day that nothing was ever done towards readdressing the main issue with landing Modus Veritas ever since they nerfed it over 5 years ago over an army of Scholars using Modus Veritas on Absolute Virtue back at level 75 cap. Ever since they patched it, It's just miss a target left and right. And to have a Job Point Category added for something that almost always misses, it's really disappointing. It wasn't until during around Voidwatch times that they lowered the recast of Modus Veritas down to 3 minutes, and then later they changed that weakness proc to Libra. However this does not address the primary issue with Modus Veritas actually landing. I feel that considering how Modus Veritas has a job point category in which it adds 3 magic damage per job point level, and that it misses, it won't get enhanced. I want to understand how did the Devs came up with Modus Veritas effect job point category without considering how it will miss nearly all the time. I understand why back then they felt the need to nerf it hard, but looking at it now it's ridiculous. They need to either
    A simple solution is surely to drop the accuracy of the JA after successive uses by multiple scholars? That way 1~2 will have a good to 100% chance of it activating and beyond the two it drops the chance.
    (3)