Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    Summoners don't get a choice on our ranged slot item anymore as we have to use and only use serapicaller to be able to do what we can. As for the augmentable gear except for swapping in for attacks are useless as we're slaves to MP. We have to have perpetual cost down and if we can refresh or we'll be a done in a couple of shots and have to rest or using our limited syphon ability.
    Then you aren't managing your MP Well enough. Beckoner's Hands and Feet Teamed with /SCH storm spells would more than enough cover the Prep Cost for swapping in Helios armor pieces, that's also counting Auto Refresh and If you Took the Time to get the Evoker's Ring, which has been a staple for SMN since ever. You can also get an Icarus Wing and unlock Myrkr and Restore MP that way. Not to mention the Emp. Reforges still have a Blood Boon Bonus on them, that helps with your MP cost. Yet another Job Trait bonus that's useful to a pet job.

Even the moogle staff would hinder us as only 1 ability on a weapon is a waste of space.
    So much like the Brave's Warbonnet or The Stout Bonnet that gives Reward Recast Minus (Oh and Charm Vs. Beast +6 Because Charm is used oh so much now in things)

But most of all when it comes to Garuda its nice and all she can heal herself but then we have to choose to either do damage with the tp or spam it to keep her alive....... but wait isn't that what you're complaining about is having to choose to keep yourself or your pet alive? seems like a double standard you're giving summoners that we have to choose keeping a pet alive or doing damage at that point.
    Except with the proper distance, you're not going to die. I spent most of my time leveling SMN in Ifrit's Cauldron and you learned that you picked on Bombs, ran away and continued this until it used Self-Destruct. If you did The Trial-Size Avatar battles, that's how you won, by sending your lovely little Radioactive Squirrel to its doom a crap ton of times while you went to the entrance and back to the top each time you summoned, all the while using items to keep your MP in the Positive. That's before Elemental Siphon was a thing, and that the Elementals weren't next to free, and you had a crap ton of options for -Prep. And as a SMN, you're not getting near that stuff, because now you have a great distance range for your abilities and you're Backline job, so you can get away with dismissing and resummoning in a party, because you're not going to be in the AoE that cause weakness or that causes Terminal DMG and your avatar takes a few seconds to replay, where BST takes 5m and 20m to replace, each one costing money because those pets are also consumable.

As for beasts they have multiple options to use as their main hand to give their pets their ilvl and even have easy to obtain items to further increase their pets ilvl with out the need for a mythic like summoner has to face. As for inventory space many jobs have a great deal of space taken up to have all their swap pieces in.
    There's a major difference, The Nirvana drops your level by 2, Unequipping an Ilvl Axe drops BST's Pet lvl by 20, and you can get away without the Nirvana. Not to mention that no matter the case, BST pets can't go beyond 119, unlike your Avatar which can go to 121/122 for Carbuncle and Cait Sith.

Also many of the summoners bloodpact wards are still capped at lvl 75 stats with no word ever of bringing them to our current level.
    That's been the only correct thing you've said thus far, but SMN is still in better shape than BST.
    (5)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 10-23-2015 at 10:37 PM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Bring back all EMPERYAN WS DMG Up !!!!!!!!!

MNK SAM DRG DRK should be TOP DDs Again !~
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroganashi View Post
    Bring back all EMPERYAN WS DMG Up !!!!!!!!!

MNK SAM DRG DRK should be TOP DDs Again !~
    Sure, but let's also revert BST range to pre-nerf range.
    (7)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Vargos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    No it's not. You people want to just stand on the sidelines with your pet doing all the work. Wake up, SE doesn't want you to play that way. SE wants you to stand right next to your pet and fight along side it. You only consider it broken because you don't want to play it the way SE intends for you to play it. Get over it.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post564505
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Not worth arguing with trolls, no matter how valid your point is.
    (4)

Character
    Zastban
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Unless either they make a new axe or shield with an effect similar to Charmer's Merlin (and I'm pretty sure they have said that they won't, but who knows anymore), you might as well forget about anything relating to Fencer or shields because they simply aren't going to get used.

Either that or they nerf pet TP moves to utter oblivion, in which case it would likely just be the I-beam that finally breaks the dhalmel's back in terms of BST actually getting any use at all.
    I'm pretty sure you only need it on when casting a new avatar for the level effect to take effect
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I'm pretty sure you only need it on when casting a new avatar for the level effect to take effect
    If you switch the weapon your pet's level drops (least it was the case when I played BST, switch the weapon out and watch the HP drop.)
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This is indeed the case for BST, though it works both ways, so if you switch back to a higher ilvl axe, your pet's hp seems to drop because its maximum went back up, but its current did not. Allows those of us feeling a little risky to do sword + shield (beatific/+1 when we have to get close to reduce damage, for example) and still use charmer's merlin for brief swaps at the cost of never having our pet at full HP. Just try not to start your ready command until after a TP move. :P

I imagine for Nirvana it's similar, but losing those two levels of stats on a BP is actually going to hurt them quite a bit, I imagine.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    I imagine for Nirvana it's similar, but losing those two levels of stats on a BP is actually going to hurt them quite a bit, I imagine.
    Most of the SMNs I know, don't use the Nirvana for most things. They use a nuking staff. They might macro it in maybe, but for the most part, it's a straight physical/hybrid BP staff.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Locking BST threads in the BST forum made by BSTs for BSTs while leaving troll posts demanding nerfs unlocked is pretty low SE...
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast