Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

So is the new UI ever going to be pushed to the main servers?

I was super excited when SE announced that they would be completely revamping the UI back in 2013, but here we are in 2015 and the new UI still hasn't been pushed to the main servers yet. What gives? I know SE has been busy with a lot of other things, but it's been nearly two years now. Did the new UI just get scrapped? What's the status on this?
    (2)
    Last edited by Rhianu; 12-17-2015 at 11:32 AM.

I hope this comes into perspective. Lately, there were many promises and commitments mention years ago that have not been implemented, forgotten, or scrapped. Granted, we all know November is the last major update, but this game has tremendous amount of potential and opportunities. I hope improvements, like the new UI, will take place along with new content and adjustments.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Doubtful. I was one of the people excited when it was announced. But it looks that, just like the expansion of monstrosity, it fell through somewhere and they just don't feel like coming clean about what happened to either thing.
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I can see them working on it now for when they drop ps2 and xbox360 in March 2016, since the motion and graphics team that were busy with rhapsodies finished RUN/GEO's emotes before November.
    (1)

Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    I can see them working on it now for when they drop ps2 and xbox360 in March 2016
    This just occurred to me, but maybe SE thought that somehow the new UI would give an unfair advantage to PC players, so they're waiting until the PS2 and Xbox 360 versions are dropped to implement it?
    (0)

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    There's always the possibility to improve the game they have to strip it back to bare bones, hence ending ps2 and xbox 360. If the game ever recovers and gets introduced to the newer consoles it'll be a whole new disk system without any backwards compatibility to the old disks. But we can dream.
    (0)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Doubtful, if you notice, a lot of the individual elements of the new ui have already come into play, so i doubt they would do a complete rehaul anymore.

We got stuff like party tp, party status effects, 2 chat logs, timers for events.
    (0)

Yeah, I don't see the "new" being UI rolled out, but like above me, I do believe that we will probably see more enhancements on the current UI.
    (0)

Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well, I would like it if SE at least implemented an option to use icons on macro buttons...
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Since it made it as far as the test server, I"m thinking that simply the person who was working on it left the company or team or something. I have some involvement in the industry and I know that's a common killer of features.
    (0)