Results -9 to 0 of 53

Dev. Posts

Threaded View

Player
    Is there a policy with FFXI where some additional effects are intended to be obfuscated from players? I have just started playing FFXIV and I know it's a separate game but it seems many of the conveniences/quality of life concepts FFXI is getting lately are inherited from FFXIV. That being said, would it be iconoclastic to have more transparent tool tips like FFXIV's does, where's there's no ambiguity of secondary effects? This isn't to say that the bonuses/potencies/properties should be listed, but at least MAJOR effects could be listed or more descriptive. The logic behind this is, many abilities have non-obvious attributes that are WELL KNOWN, and for newish players these might not be obvious. Additionally, some attributes were added to existing abilities but their help text were never updated to reflect the change (i.e. Cover reducing enmity of a target party member).

High Jump (Currently)
    Performs a high jumping attack on enemy.

High Jump (After)
    Performs a high jumping attack on enemy. Additional Effect: Reduces the target's enmity towards you.

Super Jump (Currently)
    Performs a super jump.

Super Jump (After)
    Performs a super jump that removes you from targetable range.

Spirit Link (Currently)
    Sacrifices own HP to heal Wyvern's HP.

Spirit Link (After)
    Sacrifices own HP to heal Wyvern's HP. Additional effect: Removes a detrimental effect.

If other people want to chime in and put ones for their jobs. I just did DRG's because it's the easiest to call to mind.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 08-27-2015 at 02:11 AM.