Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Amplifier Clarification

I just wanna clear up something I noticed:

New amplifier attachment is shit, pets dont time their nukes so they dont even try to magic burst, it just now CAN magic burst IF it happens to cast at the right time
    Actually, automatons could always magic burst in the past if their spells happened to land at the right time. In fact, amplifier is *not* shit, you just haven't given it a chance. Here's what it does:
    1. Skillchain goes off. Automaton with Amplifier 'notices.'
    2. Automaton begins casting nuke with ridiculous degree of fast cast.
    3. Magic Burst lands with crazy boosted damage.

The fast cast is what makes the difference. Automatons can actually use this to magic burst off skillchains that the automaton closed. I'm not certain, but I think it also ignores certain recast timers to an extent.

Against meatier opponents with more HP, this is pretty fun to use. I was able to get multiple magic bursts off with headyartifice/chainspell active too.
    (2)

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsujin View Post
    I just wanna clear up something I noticed:

Actually, automatons could always magic burst in the past if their spells happened to land at the right time. In fact, amplifier is *not* shit, you just haven't given it a chance. Here's what it does:
    1. Skillchain goes off. Automaton with Amplifier 'notices.'
    2. Automaton begins casting nuke with ridiculous degree of fast cast.
    3. Magic Burst lands with crazy boosted damage.

The fast cast is what makes the difference. Automatons can actually use this to magic burst off skillchains that the automaton closed. I'm not certain, but I think it also ignores certain recast timers to an extent.

Against meatier opponents with more HP, this is pretty fun to use. I was able to get multiple magic bursts off with headyartifice/chainspell active too.
    AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ty bro, you rock

gonna go buy 1 ASAP now ^^
    (1)

Tetsujin has more or less figured out how the Amplifier functions. When you are trying to land a magic burst, the automaton will have its elemental magic cool down timers reset, and it will select the appropriate element to use for the burst.

Automatons have been set to check their actions once every three seconds, and the way they use their elemental magic is determined by this routine check as well. This verification speed can actually be sped up even further by using the Tactical Processor. When you have three ice maneuvers with this attachment equipped, the check delay will be reduced to 1.15 seconds. Give it a shot
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Tetsujin has more or less figured out how the Amplifier functions. When you are trying to land a magic burst, the automaton will have its elemental magic cool down timers reset, and it will select the appropriate element to use for the burst.

Automatons have been set to check their actions once every three seconds, and the way they use their elemental magic is determined by this routine check as well. This verification speed can actually be sped up even further by using the Tactical Processor. When you have three ice maneuvers with this attachment equipped, the check delay will be reduced to 1.15 seconds. Give it a shot
    AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^

Glad I got it then, also got 100% Attachments hehe.
    (0)

Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Thanks Camate!!

Could we get a little more clarification on the effects of the Tactical Processor?

At the moment, it doesn't seem like an attachment worth equipping. Maybe the effects need to be buffed to make worthwhile?
    (0)
    Last edited by Tetsujin; 09-09-2015 at 04:42 AM.