World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Do you feel like people are always talking about you? :-P
    What's the name of that song, "I bet you think this song is about you?"
    (0)

Player
    Every DD job will pull hate of you on Unity NM's if geared a bit. As already mentioned things changes a bit on higher content like Sinister Reign.
    If you loose hate there against pets you are doing something wrong in gearing/tanking.
    Besides the emnity reset on some moves there, it's possible to hold hate there. But as always, for some player's it's not a problem, others might need to optimize their actions/gearing.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Are you being max hasted? Can you actually hit? Are you using all your hate generating/keeping tools?
    (0)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I have Max Pet emnity job points on BST and rarely pull hate off the RUN in Sinister reign, if at all. Other events are different. On UCNMs, my pet tanks pretty much the whole time no matter what tank we have. Same thing on thf. I can plant a massive SA/TA rudras on the tank and then pull hate a minute later.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Are you being max hasted? Can you actually hit? Are you using all your hate generating/keeping tools?
    Flash & Foil, their recast is around 10 seconds. I spam them when their up.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This morning I joined a UCNM shout in Quicksand Cave. I went as DD this time and the leader was a PLD with mythic sword. He also had issues with hate against pet.
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Anticans have a move, Sand Trap, which is AoE Petrify (short duration) + Hate Reset. No matter what tools you have, a hate reset will still make hate wonky until it's re-established.
    (3)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah hate resets will almost always mess with you but outside of that if you spam hate stuff and reduce dmg taken enough keeping hate on pld or run isn't too bad. Though RUNs ability to reduce physical dmg is pretty mediocre without ergon unless Battuta compared to pld... though they get better hate tools.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2