Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Are the BST's pet enmiy gain greater than RUN?

This morning I joined and participated in a UCNM as a RUN in an alliance consisting nearly 4~5 BST.

I consider that my RUN is pretty well equipped, up to the point that I use enmity + gear for Flash & Foil (and for some job abilities). But I had issues pulling hate off the pets, even when applying "Embolden" JA unto Crusade.

I doubt that i'm playing the tank role wrong, so do the pets have some kind enmity gain mechanism? If so, the effect seems greater than what it is intended.

Also, do I shed more enmity when i'm using shadows from Utsusemi rather than getting hit directly?
    (1)
    Last edited by Kaeviathan; 08-22-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Every time a shadow disappears an angel looses it's wings.

Seriously, though, every time you loose a shadow, you loose hate. Why are you going /nin on run? I have no problem holding hate against pets on my pld.
    (1)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Shadow loss is -25 CE per Shadow. Taking 100 DMG when you have 2k max HP would be 90 CE loss.(Before reductions from enmity+ gear. Since we still have no freaking idea how that works.) The harder the mobs hit, the more effective shadows are at reducing enmity loss.

The catch being that you spend a lot of time casting those shadows rather than performing actions that generate decent enmity.

Further, note that the enmity generated by damage dealt is affected by monster level. The lower level the mob, the higher the enmity ratio. But on really high level stuff, like 132 vagary, a single flash would keep hate off a 10K+ nuke. <,<;; If the UCNM is relatively low level, and the pets are dealing a lot of dmg fast, it can happen.

You've made me quite curious though. I never even thought of trying embolden on Crusade. I think it's a really interesting idea, but did anyone ever test if it actually enhances the enmity bonus? Not that I really have a basis to doubt it beyond that it feels weird, but still.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The one I participated was in quicksand caves (level 125).

I also tried tanking without the use of utsusemi, yet i still can't pull hate.
    (0)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The problem is you went with 4~5 BST, they will deal so much dmg nowdays they would easily take hate over your RUN in that short fight against a target like that.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, these BST are making it tough on me to join a sinister reign party. Weird that they know RNG are a viable option, but yet they still want BST only.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The problem is not bst, Dray. How is it I can keep hate on my pld over several mythic bsts?
    (2)

Character
    Draylo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    First he is on RUN, second its vs a NM that is a BLM mob that BST will rip apart. Also don't you have a mythic now?The issue was a mixture of both, but mainly because of the BST. Most DD job that are well geared probably could pull hate off him too.

Yeah, these BST are making it tough on me to join a sinister reign party. Weird that they know RNG are a viable option, but yet they still want BST only.
    Yeah its pretty annoying seeing 90% of the shouts asking for BST. I almost spit out my coffee laughing when I saw a shout for Yorcia skirmish asking only for BST... like really, do you realize they kill pets?
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I kept hate even when I didn't have a mythic. And there are ways of getting around the Yorcia skirmish mobs killing the pet.
    And to prove my point that it's not bst, I'll even gear up a non mythic run and tank on that as well. It's not a bst problem.
    (1)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo- View Post
    First he is on RUN, second its vs a NM that is a BLM mob that BST will rip apart. Also don't you have a mythic now?The issue was a mixture of both, but mainly because of the BST. Most DD job that are well geared probably could pull hate off him too.
    While the only thing i'm missing from completing the "Ergon Weapon" are the HP Bayld, I don't have the gil for one. Also, I am not willing to go do Wildskeeper Reiver so just to be rewarded 1 HP Bayld.

Oh, this wasn't about me lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaeviathan; 08-22-2015 at 08:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast