Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I personally think these changes do very little to address the root of the problem, which is

the drop rate is awful
    No one does voidwatch/wants to do voidwatch unless they are upgrading an empy
    void dust is a pain to obtain (buying 1 at a time AND requiring awful conversion rates)
    void stones are too limited compared to other items/end game events of yore (you can salvage 1x per hour/dynamis 1x per hour...but you dont get a new void stone 1x per hour)
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I still think it really comes down to voidstones. SE simply has to gives us more of them. Streamlining the process doesn't hurt but eventually you'll run out and you'll be stuck with 2 per day which is just unfathomably low at this point in the game's life. Void dust is not a solution as currently implemented.

I do like the VW campaign we get now and then, but voidstones are still a limiting factor.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    And the excuses of but this is alliance content with individual pools so if you bring an alliance to get a ton of drops so no need to up rates doesn't really fly. Aside from the fact most of the farming is done solo or low man really what's the difference between an alliance farming vw for plates or 18 people soloing other content for similar type things like say salvage for alex? On any of this old content that you can easily solo/low man you can still up your overall drops with more people regardless of whether it's 1 pool or individual... but man hours still gunna be high
    (0)

Greetings, everyone.

I have a small follow-up to my previous post.

As mentioned, we will be looking into other avenues for obtaining heavy metal plates; however, simply increasing the item drop rate is hard to do. Doing so would change some of the fundamental specifications of the content itself.

With this in mind, we are thinking of the following adjustments:
    • When combat begins, Voidstones held by the NPC “Voidwatch Officer” will be expended.
      The Voidstones that are held by the NPC “Voidwatch Officer” will be expended 1 at a time, and this can be done until the entire stock has ran out.
      (As it has been in the past, you can still use the Voidstones in your possession to summon Voidwalkers.)
      You cannot obtain treasure when you do not possess any Voidstones, and if you are a party leader, you may not start combat without Voidstones.
    • Tripling the effect of cell items.
      The team had been looking into making it so the cell items could be held in stacks of 99; however they encountered a number of problems and discovered that this would not be possible to accomplish. Instead, we are going to increase the effect of the item and adjust it so that 1 use of the item will max out the alignment.

With these adjustments participating in the content should be easier than before.
    The vulnerability and alignment system will remain as is, but we will follow up on this with campaigns after April and look into further adjustments to the cell items. For the moment, we would like to see how these adjustments affect game play.
    (2)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    First option seems very open to congestion, especially during campaign. During the previous campaign I had to fight with people to pop the Voidwalker NMs but none would like to team up. I can imagine one group sitting there holding the vortex hostage and if three groups do it (or three people soloing) then it clogs the whole zone. I know that probably isn't such a big deal on lower population servers but it only takes three people to hold up an entire NM or else you go into the claim wars.
    (3)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    When you say cells will have their values tripled and reach max alignment with just 1 cell, does that just mean one cell will produce what 3 cells previously did and we still have to proc to cap lights?
    (0)

Camate, I strongly believe that expanding the cells wouldn't make a world of difference. I can understand changing the drop rate would be a conflict of interest, but using 1 cells just to max out it's respective alignment won't change anything. the expanding stones via NPC and tripling the cells is more of a convenience so people don't have to run back and forth to VWs, it's not a solution to the availability of items. Has there been any other suggestions aside from this?
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Also what happens to the KIs that boost the amount of voidstones you can carry? In essence those will be useless if these changes happen.
    (1)

Character
    Alexcennah
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    These changes will not make any difference. In comparison to Relics and Mythics, we can't make Empyreans in our own pace. We can't spam VW like Salvage, Einherjar or Dynamis because our voidstones are much more limited (Rhapsode in Mauve KI should give us a reduction in time between new Voidstones acquisitions, much like Rhapsode in Azure does with Salvage, Dynamis, Assaults etc). Also we are locked behind a proc system which made sense back in 2011 when VW was a popular alliance event and everyone wanted clears, quick merits, gear and cruor from it. But now it's a very outdated content and we do it low-man or solo because no one has any reason to do it anymore. There's no sense in keeping the proc system because it's a "fundamental specification of the content itself".

What I think SE should do:

1) If they don't want to banish the entire proc system altogether, at least untie Heavy Metal Plates/Pouches, Riftdross and Riftcinder drops from it, i. e., make their drop rates constant and the same as they are now with capped lights.

2) Like I said above, make Rhapsode in Mauve KI drop down new Voidstone acquisition to 1 hour.
    (4)

Character
    Ellysia
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Voidstone acquisitions are much faster than Imprimaturs.. while voidstones take 12hours per stone and imprimaturs take 1/2 that time ... you can buy voidstones.. and you can do nothing but wait for imprimaturs..
    It could be worse!
    (0)

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast