Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Availability of HMPs, Riftcinders, Riftdross

Due to a very low supply of these items, along with the lack of interested people have in participating in doing voidwatch, very low drop rate, I find it extremely hard and unreasonable to complete empyrean weapons, unlike mythic and relic weapons where you can farm your materials and complete the weapons in a reasonable amount of time.

I would like to know what will be done about this? Has there been conversation to at least expand the availability of these items into other events and into Abyssea?

Thank you.
    (9)

Sorry for any grammar errors. I am typing this on my phone with big fingers. Lol.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The devs have chimed in before and said there was something in the works to make it easier, but like Cait Sith and Atomos summons, they seem to be a long ways away. Maybe Curio Vendor Moogles will start selling them after completion of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel.
    (0)

Now that you mentioned it, I do remember that. Dang, that had to have been longer than a year ago. I find it disappointing that there hasn't been a follow-up on this subject. I would at least like to have a 119 empy before the final chapter (119 salvage/assault gear would be a plus!)
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    There is a huge gulf between the solo/lowman ease of building of Relic/Mythic, and Empys. Empy is hamstrung by being shackled to the VW alliance proc / random loot system, which doesn't apply to the other two legendary weapon classes. The fact you can do fifty VW with full lights, and if you are really unlucky you can get zero empy mats, just loads of flowers and fishes, is a huge fail. It wouldn't happen that way if you were building relic or mythic, you will always get something when you farmed mats for those.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    There is a huge gulf between the solo/lowman ease of building of Relic/Mythic, and Empys. Empy is hamstrung by being shackled to the VW alliance proc / random loot system, which doesn't apply to the other two legendary weapon classes. The fact you can do fifty VW with full lights, and if you are really unlucky you can get zero empy mats, just loads of flowers and fishes, is a huge fail. It wouldn't happen that way if you were building relic or mythic, you will always get something when you farmed mats for those.
    Totally agree with you Stompa. This is also why I strongly suggest the Dev Team to look into other ways for us to obtain these items.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I like voidwatch a lot and I agree with this. It has long since ceased to be a good method to distribute these items (as is). If voidwatch was changed to be more like abyssea so it was sensible to do it with a party of six or less it might be viable, especially if drops are increased a little bit. But the current system is very unreasonable for the players we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If you play through Rhapsodies, there are some nerfs to voidwatch in there, including the VNM nerfing items being much cheaper. It should be eaiser to farm this now. All they really need now is to make sure trust can be used (I don't know if they can now or not?)

You don't need to bring a bunch of extra people just for the sake of procs anymore, after you get through rhaposdies you can change the mob's weaknesses basically any time you want (if you discover that you can't proc it)
    This is a ludicrous comment. Even with conscious people trying to proc it can be difficult to get procs. Fuming every 5 seconds doesn't help much - and cells really only help defeat the monster not proc it. They should reduce procs (one of each kind of spell - ie one blue spell of each element, one elemental spell of each element, one song of each element, one of each kind of divine spell, one of each kind of enfeeble etc) so that it is less stupid to try to proc it.

It's still possible to finish empys (I know a couple of people who led voidwatch till it happened) but for the average person it is just another huge hurdle to finishing a difficult weapon.
    (3)
    Last edited by Olor; 08-22-2015 at 01:04 PM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Even if you had auto-filled lights, farming VW for crafting mats, emp items, etc. would still be terrible, because the drop system was designed to be spread across 18 players.
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    Due to a very low supply of these items, along with the lack of interested people have in participating in doing voidwatch, very low drop rate, I find it extremely hard and unreasonable to complete empyrean weapons, unlike mythic and relic weapons where you can farm your materials and complete the weapons in a reasonable amount of time.

I would like to know what will be done about this? Has there been conversation to at least expand the availability of these items into other events and into Abyssea?

Thank you.
    If you play through Rhapsodies, there are some nerfs to voidwatch in there, including the VNM nerfing items being much cheaper. It should be eaiser to farm this now. All they really need now is to make sure trust can be used (I don't know if they can now or not?)

You don't need to bring a bunch of extra people just for the sake of procs anymore, after you get through rhaposdies you can change the mob's weaknesses basically any time you want (if you discover that you can't proc it)
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post

Its not really about displacers, or even about easier procs. It is about the random lucky loot factor, and how that luck factor should play a very small role in the farming of legendary weapon mats.

My Empy LS which I spammed Qilin with for years, we will do 12-pop runs, alliance, 100% maxed lights every time. The guy standing next to me might randomly get four bags of HMP and go home with 50~ plates. I have had countless 12-pop maxed lights runs where I got zero plates. On occasion I have been 0 hmp on 50x Qilin maxed lights.

The point is that if you farmed currencies for your Relic / Mythic / Ergon, and you went home after a 3-hour farming session, with zero currency, you'd be upset. And yet for some reason this actually happens with Empys, and can just snowball with zero drops for weeks on end.

HMP/cinders reminds me of Alluvion Skirmish augments. Its totally luck based, in both cases.

I'm not complaining, because the VW group I belong to are my Japanese friends, they are always great fun to party with, and also I think its cool to pop big NMs and proc them. So VW is fun for me at least, my problem is the "Zero Progress" factor. If you do a three hour VW run, and your Empy is at 1010 / 1500 HMP before the run, and then after three hours run is finished, your Empy is still at 1010 / 1500 HMP, that is zero progress on your weapon. At least with Relic / Mythic / Ergon you will always make some progress every time you go farm your currency for three hours.

So maybe VW should have a basic rate, for example if the lights are capped then everybody gets 5 HMP each, with additional possible chance of a lucky bag too. The problem is that now you can literally just get logs and rocks lol, and your weapon progress can be at a standstill, for weeks at a time, based on luck.
    (4)
    Last edited by Stompa; 08-23-2015 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Brevity.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast