Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Matador
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

whats the minimum ninjutsu level needed to solo NM in abyssea?

and whats the minimum evasion needed?
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    First off, I'd like to suggest that you do not aim for "minimum" levels to solo in Abyssea. This constitutes a lazy playstyle, and could build bad habits that will get you killed on NMs that suddenly have a difficulty spike you're not expecting.

However, to answer your question: what I suggest for "minimums" is the cap for whatever level cap happened to be opened up in that area. That means in visions areas, go for the 80 cap (294), in scars areas go for the 85 cap (324) and in Heroes areas go to the 90 cap (354). Also remember that gear plays a big part. Even with capped evasion, without proper evasion gear you will find the more accurate mobs still will give you plenty of trouble. Same goes for Ninjutsu; at very least you can use your AF head (I have it macroed in for all of my debuffs) to lower the resistance rate some. Naturally, aim to cap them off as you go along; capped skills will still be more effective than the "minimum" skills in all areas.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by hordecore View Post
    and whats the minimum evasion needed?
    Capped skill on all available weaponskills and magicskills.

And also "capped" playing skills. A level 90 NIN can solo anything if they have the best thinking skills and know what they are facing.
    (0)

Go play dancer or something and don't crap up my job with your laziness and bad play style.
    (4)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Orenwald
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I think he may have meant the minimum to START doing it wish. Personally I was soloing Scars NMs starting with about an 84~85 cap skill on my NIN 90 and used those NMs solo to cap all my skills before I started doin' stuff with other people.

Aslong as your gear is good and you don't physically suck at NIN you should do OK
    (0)

Character
    Caesaris
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    While met with much animosity, this is actually a good question. I just dinged 87 in a looong Dominion Ops party (went from 73-87 in like 5 hrs), so naturally, none of my skills are capped. But i'd still like to go after a few NM's if I could. My katana skill is under 300, and my ninjitsu is under 250, so i know i'm pretty gimped on skills.

I'm used to solo'ing mobs with BST, PUP, BLU, PLD and BLM... so as a veteran of ffxi solo gameplay, i'd like to think i'm up to par in that regard. Of course, this is a roleplaying game, and you're only as good as a combination of your skill, your characters skills, and your gear. Being cut from the old school BST cloth, i'm willing to just throw myself out there and see how things go. I'll read a little online to see how others may have beaten the mob, and use that as a blueprint to do my own thang!
    (0)

Character
    Anathiel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I'm curious about this myself.
    (0)
    Haiku's are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

Character
    Maestrel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    when i came back to FF (it was during Abyssea Vision), i used to skill on NM mostly solo, Khalamari was my first one, really easy and drop varangian helm, i was nin/rdm (mostly for fast cast and all i had was only Atma MM), i should recommand you to start working Dual Evasion trial, it'll be very helpfull to solo with uncaped evasion skill.
    Then new zone was released and i started working on My AF legs+1, Minax Bugard was my target, i started as /rdm then when i got more atma, i did /dnc, got no trouble to kill him as solo. There's plenty of NM you can solo and get some nice skill up, if you wan't to learn how to solo as Ninja, you should start with NM.
    (0)

Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    You may also want to test your solo abilities in the appropriate zones. Mobs in Visions of Abyssea areas were based on people being 75-80 and therefore they may be lower than the mobs in the Heros Of Abyssea areas
    (0)

Character
    Juxtaposition
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    you can't solo anything in abyssea until your ninjutsu and evasion are capped.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast