Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Treasure Hunter 14!

Honestly I pretty much expected this. I had a feeling our next big gift was either going to be a useless level of treasure hunter or another 5 dual wield. I can't hit treasure hunter 13 now, I doubt that 6% gift will make it any better, and after I'm done grinding out more job points I won't be able to hit treasure hunter 14 either.

You know you could have raised the soft cap with these gifts too. We have the gear for it. Plunder armlets +1 and Skulker's poulaines +1 give 3 each, chaac belt gives another 1, that means we can get treasure hunter 10 without resorting to using weapons. Then we might actually be able to use these gifts that probably only increase drops by an insignificant amount.
    (5)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Seriously, agree whole-heartedly, I have had TH13 for quite a while now and still haven't managed to proc that high, so hooray for yet another level I won't hit.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Really needed to have it raise the max starting/gear+jt cap. Because each lvl you get away from that reduces the odds of lvl in what seems like an exponentially decaying manner. 12 was low enough as is but 13 is probably something like .0001% and 14 would probably be like .00001%
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It also would be nice if treasure hunter values above 3 actually made a difference. 4 is the soft cap for other jobs so basically any job that goes /thf with a chaac belt has all the treasure hunter that matters. Bard and Dancer don't even have to do that anymore unless the augments on that taming sari were faked. It wouldn't even come at a cost of damage because that is a nice looking dagger. 125 base damage, 22 str/dex, 20 atk/acc, main or off hand that is amazing.
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Lol, dnc/thf can now hit TH6 with chaac belt, adoulin ring, and the new dagger.

Why even play thf? TH tiers over TH4 barely effect drop rates. It all has super diminishing returns, if dnc/thf can hit TH6 then theres no reason to level thf past 50.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well it actually can't hit TH6 as non main thf TH other than TH made by bounty shot are capped at 4, but like I said, you said, and everyone knows, anything above TH3 is placebo. I guess the argument that thf will always be invited for TH is now a non issue and they can un-nerf it. Or fix its enmity control, or actually just do something.
    (1)

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    I guess the argument that thf will always be invited for TH is now a non issue and they can un-nerf it. Or fix its enmity control, or actually just do something.
    This ^^^^^
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Necro bump!

I think it's about time to remove the soft cap from TH for thf. The only thing it was good for was stopping us from having to use the TH knife, but with the discovery of Herculean being able to have +2 TH augmented on it it's a bit of a moot point. If you have both gifts the hard cap is 14. Thf has a natural TH3, another 3 for relic hands, 3 for empy feet, 1 from chaac belt, then you just need Herculean head and pants with +2 TH, and TH 14 without using a weapon or having to get the Gorney ring.
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You know they put that cap in there in the first place so it would force people to stop using Thief Knife. If you remove the cap all together it just creates the same situation again, I do agree that something needs to be done though. I wouldn't care to using thief knife just once to land TH.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    You know they put that cap in there in the first place so it would force people to stop using Thief Knife. If you remove the cap all together it just creates the same situation again, I do agree that something needs to be done though. I wouldn't care to using thief knife just once to land TH.
    Did you even read what I said? You can get to TH 14 without the knife by using relic hands, empy feet, chaac belt, and 2 peices of Herculean.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast