Player

Backup of Equipsets on SE server still doesn't work (ノД`)・゜・。

Hello SE and fellow players:

Recently, I had a PoL-1153 error in my Xbox console, I tried with a lot of methods, including a whole re-install of the game, but it seemed that it was a hardware problem.

I bought a new HDD and re-installed again the game, with all those tedious hours that represents. I was pretty confident that it would be my last issue. I was horribly wrong...

I had the good habit of saving my macros (and naively I thought my equipsets too) in case something like this would happen.

When I recovered my info from the SE backup server I thought I was set to play again. How wrong I was, lol. Although my macros were restored in my fresh HDD/FFXI, all my equipsets weren't restored...

I looked on here for some answers and I found 2 threads (both closed):

Thread: /Equipset Macros do not backup to server - PLEASE FIX SE!
    and
    Thread: Equipsets

Both moved to the [Forum Top>English Forums>In-Game Bugs>Resolved Issues] area...

Which means they SHOULD be resolved already, at least is what I do get by seeing 'em there.

I also though "Probably is because my last save was at October 2014" So I made a test, since I also have a PC (because the service will be over soon for consoles) I saved a random set on the -book001- and saved it on the server. I then logged on my Xbox and loaded it on the HDD, with the same result, equipset was not saved.

Before the moderators move this thread to the [Reported bugs] area, please consider that I'm posting this in here for 3 main purposes:
    • To report indeed a problem.
    • If this is "working as planned" please reconsider it, because a lot of players who plan to keep playing this game after Xbox and PS2 support ends would be really upset knowing they have to redo all equipsets
    • Hoping that our current community would support this idea. And yes, if this was proposed before I apologize in advance.

I know that I'm pretty much screwed and I'll have to remake my 43 equipsets, but I hope this will help to avoid other ppl who are using equipset system to go through this ordeal when console support ends and have to move to PC.

Thank you for your time. (´・ω・)b
    (0)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 07-23-2015 at 07:31 PM.

Character
    Poooty
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The ability to save equipment sets server-side will be implemented in the August update.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...opics_all.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Announcing the August Version Update (06/07/2015)
    The August patch is on its way!

The August patch will introduce the second chapter to Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, a new area, and new battle content.

Of course, it doesn't end there. This patch will also be jammed-packed with goodies, including the final quest in the adventures of the Tarutaru Sauce duo, new alter egos, new Unities, new methods to further enhance hexed equipment, as well as balance and adjustments to jobs, existing content and quests, and a bevy of other improvements.

Finally, new quality of life improvements will include the ability to retain equipment set macros server-side as well as the ability to view status effects applied to party members.

Keep an eye out for more details on this version update as August approaches!
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooty View Post
    The ability to save equipment sets server-side will be implemented in the August update.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...opics_all.html
    Thank you, man. (´・ω・)b
    (0)