Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Craft Skill Limitations

Hello!

In an effort to enhance future development, we would like to gather some feedback from all of the crafters in Vana’diel in regards to the below. We encourage you to discuss this with your fellow players and provide feedback on the direction we’re contemplating.

As you are aware, there is a limit for craft skills where once you reach skill level 60, you are limited to 40 more levels to distribute amongst the other eight crafts (excluding fishing). As such, the system only allows you to be able to reach 100 if you gain all 40 skill levels in one craft, or you can raise two crafts to 80 if you gain 20 levels in two different crafts.

For the future expansion of synthesis and synergy, we’re looking into raising the skill level limitation from 40 to 80 during the next version update. Once this change takes place, you will then be able to have two crafts leveled to 100.

Since this change would alter the core of the crafting system, before serious development discussions begin we would like to hear feedback from all of our hardcore crafters.

The main points of adjustments beginning from the next version update and on are listed below:
    • Raise the 40 skills levels that can be distributed when a skill reaches 60 to 80. (Makes possible the ability to level two skills to 100)
    • For the next version update “Revoking Craftsmanship Status” will remain the same as original (Bringing your skill down to 60). For future version updates we plan on making adjustments so that the system allows you to decide which craft skill you would like craftsmanship revoked.
    • Additionally for future adjustments we are thinking about increasing the levels further beyond 80.

This will be extremely advantageous for synergy, however, due to the fact that these changes would likely cause the number of players with skills at level 100 to increase significantly, there might be some concerns in regards to how the balance of supply and demand are affected.

After collecting your feedback for about a week, we’ll examine it closely with the development and operations teams after which we plan on working on this after the next version update. In order for us to improve the synthesis and synergy systems of FFXI please leave as much feedback as possible!
    (55)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Framerate
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Do it. People will complain, but it will breathe some life back into crafting for the people who still take the time to do it.
    (16)

Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    OMG that sounds amazing especially since crafting is almost a lost art these days. This is a geat idea and should be done!!! definitely !!!
    (9)

Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    No point really in complaining because all the hardcore crafters have level 100 mules with different crafts lol. Now that can level another on their main!
    (6)

Character
    Diwulfroc
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I'd say take a baby step. see how the economy changes. Don't give us the ability to max out two craft skills yet with 80 points, but, instead, take it to 60 points so you can choose.

(Though, this might be problematic, because some people will be mad that you can put 30 into two skills, and be almost perfect, which some people might feel to be better than 100 and 80).
    (3)

Character
    Sephyderx
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    if the market doesnt really call for the crafted items (as like it is now) then will this really make that big of an impact?
    (8)
    3MAR2021- Returning looking for a linkshell.
    My main two jobs i play are MNK(95) and BLU(80). Casual player who likes events.
    Eastern US timezone. usually on after 8pm.
    ******OLD pre-2012 Signature Saved for Posterity********

Character
    Earwig
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Everyone seems to be gaga over abyssea and everything abyssea related one my server. Crafting just doesn't seem to matter to very many people on my server, except for the purpose of gil-making. I like the idea of adding additional levels to the total crafting skill available, but I wish that each individual craft would be able to make more super-awesome items.
    (4)

Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I doubt it would affect much of anything, anyone who really wanted to go through the trouble of leveling a second profession would have done it on another character previously. Additionally, the current profit in crafting is quite low in many cases, and rarely yields more than initial costs without excessive use.

That being said, I welcome the change. I won't take advantage of it myself, seeing as it's rare I use the one I already have, but its nice to know I have options.
    (4)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The problem is with synergy. Remove it from the game. Two ways to craft is a waste, go back to regular crafting. synergy only recipes screw up demand. Eg, bolts and arrows should never ever be synergy only. Whoever thought of that has no clue what so ever about this game. Every synergy recipe besides upgrading armor and weapon should be able to be crafted using old means.
    (21)

Character
    Angelios
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    While this will be a welcome change as the player base gets smaller and smaller it still does not fix the central problems around crafting and the fact that no one is really buying anything. Increasing the cap may push the economy a little bit for those who just want 2 crafts at 100 but it won't do much beside raise the price of synth mats for a while - so in that regard you may have nothing to worry about.

If you want to revive crafting add some worthwhile non-synergy gear, even cursed/abj that will be applicable to the eventual 99 cap.
    (7)

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast