Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

duty finder for FFXI ?

please add this. im sure everyone is sick of waiting hours to find a group for an Ark Angel fight or something that really doesnt need waiting that long for.
    (2)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I also support this vague request that was not explained in any way.
    (3)

Player
    A same side server one would be a pretty good idea, it's basically no different than shouting for a group without, you know, shouting. Cross-server, even if possible, wouldn't really work well for FFXI I don't think.
    (0)

Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    People party?
    (0)

FFXI launched with one of sorts, the AutoParty function that gives a red ! instead of a green one by your name. It has rarely been used. You can also specify with your search comment what type of party you are trying to form, and I believe it affects AutoParty.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I think the Party Finder idea from FFXIV would fit better than the actual Duty Finder from same game. Although on paper, there are defined roles, I don't think sorting out the jobs into Tank, Healer, DPS and in this case Support would work to well considering that those "rules" are broken on a constant basis with this game. But to be fair, I have not entered the later BCNMs and I'm not sure on how strict those fights are, meaning do you actually need a Pld to tank or can a Mnk (for arguments sake) substitute?

For those not sure of what either are, Duty Finder (named differently on other games) is a matching system for instanced content basically and is normally used when more than one server is involved in the matching system. It finds players based on the criteria of level, ilvl (some games use stats as the requirement), and the role of the job (I.E. Tank, Healer, etc.). After all requirements set by the game are met, it puts you in the dungeon/fight of your choosing or a random one if you picked the option.

Party Finder is the same concept but with more flexibility as you can choose all the above requirements as you feel necessary. Don't need a tank? Fill in with another DPS, etc. One downside is that it would be for the server you are on only. Not to be confused with what is already in the game. Similar I suppose, but more QoL friendly the way XIV does it. After that, you just simply take your whole PT and enter the fight.

Both have their pros and cons.
    (1)
    Last edited by Fahzewn; 07-14-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Character
    Bazookatooth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I also support this vague request that was not explained in any way.
    Don't worry, The devs know what it is.
    (1)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    basically just want something like a notice board that can be accessed in menu where people can post what they would usually shout in town for, this way no matter if youre in town or in a dungeon anyone anywherecan go check it and see if there is anything posted up that they want to take part in. the poster can update it saying what jobs they need and so on then remove the advertisement when party is full.
    (1)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99