Character
    Mysticknight
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Since this is the last year of FFXI, can we get back double EXP/CP?

This is the current campaign for July. There isn't double EXP/CP this month.

Since this is the last year of FFXI (before content updates stop), can we get back double EXP/CP each and every month?

I wouldn't mind normal EXP/CP values if the game was continuing like normal but since this is basically the last year of FFXI for majority of players (the last year of content updates; and this is the last year for console players as support will end early next year), can we have double EXP/CP permanently?
    (11)

Player
    Extra CP would certainly be welcome. Double exp though...honestly I prefer not. If it's merits you seek, they fall from the sky at 99, and at low levels, double exp campaigns means you are literally gaining a level every 1-2 monsters. That's just excessive to me. Especially considering we have two more Rhapsody campaigns and odds are good that we'll gain even more exp with their key items.
    (0)

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deirdre View Post
    Extra CP would certainly be welcome. Double exp though...honestly I prefer not. If it's merits you seek, they fall from the sky at 99, and at low levels, double exp campaigns means you are literally gaining a level every 1-2 monsters. That's just excessive to me. Especially considering we have two more Rhapsody campaigns and odds are good that we'll gain even more exp with their key items.
    What's excessive to you, might be just right to others.
    (0)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes please. It's like SE doesn't want us to play this month, or at least doesn't want us to work on JP for this month.
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Since SE want us to continue playing after this year, even with no content updates, it really isn't in their interests to give us this...

I'm not saying this approach is right or wrong, just if they want to keep the game going, they will have to give us some major grind to keep people around
    (0)

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuzey View Post
    Since SE want us to continue playing after this year, even with no content updates, it really isn't in their interests to give us this...

I'm not saying this approach is right or wrong, just if they want to keep the game going, they will have to give us some major grind to keep people around
    Like R/M/E and eleven vanilla, expansion, and add-on mission chains?
    (1)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakts View Post
    Like R/M/E and eleven vanilla, expansion, and add-on mission chains?
    I'm not sure what you are saying >< building R/M/E is fine, but you have to have have to use them for something, vanilla? (maybe I'm old, but thinking of ice cream)

The first scenario took a day to do, they did introduce escha though.... mission add ons really don't take long to do, they need some form of grind to keep people hooked, since they've said they are in increasing job point limits, I guess this is it.

I don't know what they are planning for the 2nd and 3rd scenario, maybe it will be something that will keep people hooked for ages, maybe not
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakts View Post
    What's excessive to you, might be just right to others.
    Fair enough. Perhaps leave the base exp as is and pass out even more exp rings. Then those that consider it normal can use their rings 24/7 as they choose.
    (0)