Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Idea for new Trusts, somewhat unconventional?

I was thinking about the types of trusts we have now, and I really do enjoy the trust system, and I think its quite nicely handled and the trusts we get are really cool and kinda fulfill that little fantasy you had back in the old days of fighting alongside NPCs. Right now, I know the lore of trusts mainly involves "Friendships" and such allowing you to summon the trusts, but I was curious if we could have a limited range of trusts that might not be entirely friend...ly?

Anyway, my request for trusts that might not follow the formula would be... the Ark Angels. I think it would be pretty damn neat to have them. They have jobs/etc already, and combat logic, plus we do have Trusts that have been battlefield enemies before (Gessho, Maat, Shantotto, and even D. Shantotto who was exclusively an "Enemy", and this is just to name a few) so its not completely without precedent to have Battlefield enemies as Trusts.

Lore wise the scrolls for their trusts could drop from their respective battlefields, or blank scrolls that need to be inscribed at the Fountain in Ro'Maeve ala Ark Pentasphere. At least then it would be more like summoning them rather than friendship and love.

So yah, I think it would be nice since we're working out way toward 5 trusts (I think SE mentioned that?), and being able to summon the 5 Ark Angels. I understand if you wanna use "Lore" as a reason for rejecting it but hey, thought I would throw out the suggestion.
    (6)

2. 06-24-2015 01:19 AM

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    That sounds awesome! It would be so bad ass to go into battle with all AA summoned. I'm for it!
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I think the problem is that AA mobs are genuinely evil, whereas Maat was your "teacher" & Gessho was actually your friend and ally at many times. Even D.Shantotto was extradimensional and was caught up in Shan's megalomania, that storyline was like a huge ego-trip gone wrong, but not actually evil enemy mode as such.

Its a nice idea though, I like it.
    I thought D. Shantotto was like, the "Evil" or "Dark" half of Shantotto, but in the end they found out they were both equally "evil"? I never finished it lol. But as for the others, yah, they weren't evil, I was merely showing that we have trusts that have been Battlefield enemies before. (I Think Lion and Aphmau get all their TP moves from the Herione's Holdfast battlefield too)

But yah, when it comes to the Ark Angels I understand "no, cause lore" from the devs, but its why I suggest maybe they could fenangle it by having to inscribe the scrolls much like the Ark Pentasphere. I'd have to reread all the lore on the Ark Angels but I always thought they were guardians of "Paradise" as the Zilarts put it... which is why the are Warrior's of the Crystal (Crystal Warriors usually being good guys in FF titles), not so much beings of pure evil, its simply we, as the 5 races, posses a type of "Mortal Sin" and are therefor not worthy of entering Paradise, and they are there to stop us and guard paradise.

I could absolutely be making all this up cause my memory of like, 10 years ago is super fuzzy. i need Rocl.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    but I was curious if we could have a limited range of trusts that might not be entirely friend...ly?
    Stop everything. I have an idea that fits this.

Okay, so there are animal Trusts right?

And, bare with me, there is also magic in the game called "Mini" right?

Combine the two... carry the one...

Mini-Bahamut. Mini-Tiamat. They've only got a fraction of the power because they're mini versions, thus you've defeated the lore bit. Plus its 200% more adorable because TINY DRAGONS.

If we can't get one of those, at least give us a non-specific mini-dragon.

SE PLZ.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Tiny dragons have also been done before, although I wouldn't mind a flying variant as well.

(0)

7. 06-24-2015 10:53 AM

Player
    I would like more monstrous trusts, dragons, beastmen, etc.
    (3)

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Give us a trust to summon a registered pankration monster.
    (3)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Ritasoothsayer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 53
    One thing I miss from FFXIV, fighting Chocobo.

A Chocobo that stands out from the rest. Dark shades. Cool cat attitude. (Think Fonzy) and a desire to take names and kick ass rather than carry some smuck around on his back.
    (1)

hey, bump. With the recent trusts, they gave us Ullegore, who is a legit.. only-a-bad-guy mob. Plus he's a friggin Corse. So maybe Ark Angels don't sound that much more crazy?
    (0)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I second more monster Trusts!
    (0)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast