Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Any chance for a nuking shield?

I watch my blm and sch friends with envy because they are able to utilize their mythic aftermath to augment their nukes with macc or mab. I can't do that on geo because Idris is far inferior to the staves I can wear for nuking purposes. I'd really love to be able to nuke with idris on while still subbing something realistic like whm or rdm and to do that I would need a shield with about 60 magic damage on it.
    (3)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I second this!!

Also, on a similar-ish note. Why wasn't Geo on the Nibiru Staff?? >.<
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    I would need a shield with about 60 magic damage on it.
    Who said Paladins and Dark Knights should get all the good shields?

A shield for WHM/BRD/GEO that isn't a sidegrade to level 75 era shields would be nice. Whereas RDM has some access to actually decent shields that help survivability, they might also benefit from being on such a shield as well. Other mages might be considered, but they're generally better off using a staff.

There is a gap of about 93 Magic Damage between Staves and Clubs, so not quite closing this gap should still be acceptable.
    • DEF:40
    • Spell interruption rate down 10%
    • Damage taken -10%
    • Magic Damage +60
    • STR, VIT, AGI, DEX, INT, MND, CHR +8
    • Weapon skills gain an extra hit.
    • Latent Effect: HP/MP considered 10% higher for effects.

I think the above is conservative enough to be a possibility, while being what a shield should be. Consider that there are shields with Magic Damage Taken -25% that aren't solely PLD/DRK tagged, and Physical Damage Taken -9% as well, not even mentioning the Genbu's Shield. If the last two effects are too difficult to program, a large amount of TP Bonus and actually giving the HP/MP might work.
    (1)