Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Stamos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Automaton damage

Really needs a boost in damage. Compared to Summoner and Beastmaster, our pet damage is extremely lackluster. Considering our automaton has to build TP and is based off the maneuvers used I think Automaton's need either a new WS, or an extreme boost in damage.
    (6)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Should also implement the whole being able to set which ws the auto uses they were talking about a few months back. Given how much maneuvers effect dmg and/or survivability using them to change to a potentially better ws for the situation can often not really be an option.

A ja to force ws if they have tp would also help a lot since right now having them decide when to makes it hard to gear for it since it would basically mean either meleeing/idling in gear for the ws or wsing in gear more for meleeing/idling
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 06-10-2015 at 05:43 AM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Its not that pup pets are weak, its that compared to other pet jobs, they are weak. A pup + pet combined is more damage then a lot of jobs at the moment, the issue is there is always going to be those outlier jobs (bst at the moment, sam in the past) that gain incredible power due to one update, and become the band wagon job for a while.

Pup doesn't need a lot, i would settle for better gear that doesnt gimp the master while still giving the pet haste/acc/atk/da etc
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Could just make it so the puppet can get enough haste/acc/atk/da from attachments, then the pup can focus on it's own gear. That's what I thought was cool about pup is that the puppet gets it's own set of equipment to wear.
    (0)

Character
    Stamos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    Its not that pup pets are weak, its that compared to other pet jobs, they are weak. A pup + pet combined is more damage then a lot of jobs at the moment, the issue is there is always going to be those outlier jobs (bst at the moment, sam in the past) that gain incredible power due to one update, and become the band wagon job for a while.

Pup doesn't need a lot, i would settle for better gear that doesnt gimp the master while still giving the pet haste/acc/atk/da etc
    Augmented Taeon with triple attack +2, acc/att, and pet haste +5 will cap your automaton's gearhaste and not gimp you.

PUP is very weak right now compared to pretty much all DDs. Because as it stands right now, not only is our pet weak. But, hand to hand is awful. That is why I think our Automatons need a significant boost to catch up with other pet jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The issue is several fold over just increasing our pets DD.

H2h is weak
    H2h weapon skills are weak
    H2h weapon itemization is awful (why no OaT on our weapons)
    Gear for pets makes us sacrifice something. (yes we can get haste, but our pets need haste/acc/atk/str/dex/ crit/DA etc, and any time we go for those stats, we give up master stats)
    The overall developer mind set for where pup should be dd wise is mid/low range dd (we cant fix this, they see us as a utility DD since we can have a whm or rdm, which is pretty irrelevant now that we can use trusts pretty much anywhere, and they keep adding more places).
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Just to give an example of poor itemization.

Pup with KKK + max magic haste, is over the cap of MA. For dual wield people, they say 'we want you to plan ahead when picking gear' as their reason for not wanting to fix dual wield so that over the cap DW wont lower tp gain. So how does a pup 'plan ahead' when KKK alone is putting us over the cap. Then they add a gift and JA category that put us even farther over the cap.

I know not everyone has KKK, but still, your solution is to not use my mythic in times where I TP with max haste because I am hurting my DD?
    (0)

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Just to give an example of poor itemization.

Pup with KKK + max magic haste, is over the cap of MA. For dual wield people, they say 'we want you to plan ahead when picking gear' as their reason for not wanting to fix dual wield so that over the cap DW wont lower tp gain. So how does a pup 'plan ahead' when KKK alone is putting us over the cap. Then they add a gift and JA category that put us even farther over the cap.

I know not everyone has KKK, but still, your solution is to not use my mythic in times where I TP with max haste because I am hurting my DD?
    I see some of you complaining about pup getting max haste and with the new gifts and KKK we are over the cap but seriously no one is really using Pup in content with other players in high tier content. I use pup ALOT and when I am with with other players I rarely receive haste. My trusts haste me better. Pup is not a weak job. If you're meleeing with your auto and both of your Acc are appropriate for the content you are doing then pup with auto will be one of the top DD in that fight. I don't want the auto to be like BST. Acc cap and haste capped somehow without the gimping of the master will be great. And also maybe a new attachment that'll help the auto hold hate even better even when a BST pet goes nut on a mob. If we can get that then the master wouldn't even have to hold back and our DD would go up even more.
    (0)
    Last edited by Darthmaull; 06-12-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    "I rarely get haste" is hardly a good argument for poor itemization. I am always at capped magic haste, either solo with trusts or in a CP party...and on top of that i will never get the MA jps and for now wil avoid the gift, but when they raise the jp cap, it will eventually become unavoidable.
    (0)

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    "I rarely get haste" is hardly a good argument for poor itemization. I am always at capped magic haste, either solo with trusts or in a CP party...and on top of that i will never get the MA jps and for now wil avoid the gift, but when they raise the jp cap, it will eventually become unavoidable.
    As I mentioned previously Cp parties and solo stuff is nothing. A lot of the Pups that post here don't seem to be doing anything with their pups except those two activities. This is why I don't post really because there is no real information with this job. Its just a lot of complaining. I'm lucky enough I guess to have friends that let me take pup to some events but I'm learning on the fly and one constant in every event I'm in is that I do not get haste on a consistent basis.

I'm also confused as to why are people complaining about a gift that puts you at the H2H cap without haste. If your ability is doing that then why get haste? Click it off? It's not something that you have to keep on. Its not needed. Also I'm sure no one really has the last JP gift anyways. What I would like to see is more beneficial strats and info on this job for high tier content with other players instead of spreadsheet data for stuff that no one has in game. Complaints about a spell that can be clicked off is so counterproductive.
    (1)
    Last edited by Darthmaull; 06-12-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast