Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Even then, repeater isn't worth using over drum magazine + tubo charger 1 + turbo charger 2.

Repeater would have to have double its current 'chance to double shot' for it to just break even with drum magazine.
    (0)

2. 06-16-2015 07:18 AM

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Previously, I mentioned that the development team was looking into a way to lock a weapon skill that an automaton would use; however, our plans to implement this have changed.

One portion of the concept for automatons is how they act independently, and as such we have no plans to make adjustments in a way which would allow you to control when and which weapon skills they execute.

Rest assured that we'll be making further adjustments as we move forward by both tuning automatons and adding new attachments.
    What a shame because the ws idea was pretty good. Also pups already can control which ws is used... the problem is it requires using maneuvers possibly ones that you wouldn't want to use otherwise in that situation. As such whatever adjustments you make with attachments will always be hampered by the possibility of players not really being able to take full advantage of those attachments
    (1)

Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I never really wanted the weapon skill changed. I use inhibitors a lot so my auto is always using his Ws and because he uses it to create skillchains with either me or trusts or another player I never had a problem with it. I love love love what they are doing to the automaton in the June update. This will actually free up me using so many light maneuvers and will allow me to use Cannibal Blade to help my tank tank even more effectively. SS will be able to withstand even more damage now as well. Good adjustment.
    (0)

Character
    Stamos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Like the fact they're giving the Automatons more hp. But still, the WS dmg from them is awful compared to other pet jobs. /repeat
    (2)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmaull View Post
    I never really wanted the weapon skill changed. I use inhibitors a lot so my auto is always using his Ws and because he uses it to create skillchains with either me or trusts or another player I never had a problem with it. I love love love what they are doing to the automaton in the June update. This will actually free up me using so many light maneuvers and will allow me to use Cannibal Blade to help my tank tank even more effectively. SS will be able to withstand even more damage now as well. Good adjustment.
    Yeah it just kind of sucked in certain circumstances like wanting to make a tank build that would use Cannibal blade without having to use dark maneuvers which don't really help in tanking
    (2)

Player
    I have no dog in the fight honestly because Pup is one of the few jobs I'm not really interested in playing but, I hate this justification, they use it all the time and it is completely nonsensical,

"The concept of the _____ is that they _____ so we will not be adjusting _____ to make them _____."

The devs (and/or translation team) really need to get it through their heads that just because something was intended a certain way, doesn't have to overshadow any changes that would make the end design more successful or enjoyable to the playerbase. Ninja wasn't designed as a tank (as I'm sure has been mentioned) but embracing that made them usable and enjoyable for the population, and there are a ton of examples of such. Rdm was designed with meleeing in mind, but that's been the exception not the rule, for many many years.

A potential change "not matching the designers' original intent" is not a reason to deny something, please, give us real reasoning (if there is any), so we can have an actual debate on such topics, for example:

"We believe this change would be too powerful because of _____."
    "The technical aspects of this change would be too difficult."
    "With the amount of work that would be put into _____, we believe we could improve other areas more."
    "We are afraid this might negatively impact another job or situation because of _____."

Jobs change over time, their identities even change, Ninja was not designed as a Tank, Beastmaster was designed as a soloist, Redmage was designed to melee, heck the entire game was designed around the concept of the "exp party", which isn't the core of XI anymore, it's now the endgame, and it has been for quite some time, saying you're not going to make a change because that wasn't the original intent seems silly, considering how many changes that have been made in the past that completely changed how things worked.
    (2)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    "The concept of the _____ is that they _____ so we will not be adjusting _____ to make them _____."
    Agree 100%, was beast originally intended to be the most sought after group class with pet moves that deal 30k every 10 seconds? Didn't think so. But it is now, and people love having options besides SAM. Don't see why its so game breaking to even just add more control/better weapon skills for pets, when bests get new pets every patch with 4x the hp, and 10x the damage.

Master to Master, pup compares very evenly to beast, so why cant our pets damage/survivability compare evenly?
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Hey it's more like 2-3x the hp! Well auto survivability is actually a bit higher... but as you said the dmg is way different. heck that 10X actually might be an underestimate. And if you gear/attach/maneuver for survivability you have the dps of a carbuncle that only auto attacks
    (1)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Hey it's more like 2-3x the hp! Well auto survivability is actually a bit higher... but as you said the dmg is way different. heck that 10X actually might be an underestimate. And if you gear/attach/maneuver for survivability you have the dps of a carbuncle that only auto attacks
    True, the only advantage to pup at the moment is we can cap spell haste AND gear haste on our pet.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    Agree 100%, was beast originally intended to be the most sought after group class with pet moves that deal 30k every 10 seconds? Didn't think so. But it is now, and people love having options besides SAM. Don't see why its so game breaking to even just add more control/better weapon skills for pets, when bests get new pets every patch with 4x the hp, and 10x the damage.

Master to Master, pup compares very evenly to beast, so why cant our pets damage/survivability compare evenly?
    while I understand your point I already know the answer is pup's greater versatility. unless a beast is using a charmed pet we basically have a choice of melee damage or melee damage from our pet. a pup has ACCESS to (not that many use it) melee, ranged, nuking, (de)buffing or dedicated healer, so like rdm, the trade-off is we do less than a job dedicated to 1 thing. of course, as has been pointed out, if you go "balls-to-the-wall" on the ultimate gear sets you can improve those numbers quite a bit-funny, you can say the same thing about EVERY job, hell you could make a summoner that was a respectable melee if you tried hard enough, but the 7 second life expectancy might be a bit underwhelming...

now, I LOVE playing my pup, almost as much as my beast but the lackluster numbers do give me pause. mostly these days I use it in parties as Soulsoother to take some of the healing (and thus MP) load off the main healer, or Stormwalker so the healer can ignore me and we have another dispeller in the party neither of which can ever run out of MP-thank you mana converter (all assuming they don't force me to come brd). not the chosen way for most pups to play but it does have utility, biggest problem is with auto MACC you get that issue where it won't even try to cast endgame, which is why Soulsoother gets the nod. but with DPS being the primary determinant on what gets a party slot I pretty much am restricted to running with LS mates only playing that way.
    (2)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast