Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Prometus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Good to see the thread is still alive almost a year later. It's very disappointing that none of these have been addressed since the time I posted this. Or resolved, rather. I know this is mostly pointless, but I was trying to think of a way DRG could become desireable again, and I came up with a few ideas.

New Jumps: Compile all jump abilities into categories Jumps 1, Jumps 2, and Jumps 3. Jumps 1 would consist of:
    Jump (new additional effect: accuracy boost, +30, lasts 30 seconds. The boost and duration are doubled if the wyvern is NOT present;
    Spirit Jump (stays the same);
    Tactical Jump (deals damage and induces a short terror effect)

Jumps 2:
    High Jump (new additional effect: attack boost +30, lasts 45 seconds). Again, effect and duration are doubled if Wyvern is NOT present;
    Soul Jump (stays the same);
    Striking Jump (readies target for a skillchain (as if the job wasn't already good enough at self SCing));

Jumps 3:
    Decisive Jump (ensures all melee attack attempts on the target within the next 10 seconds land, this ability has low accuracy, but accuracy is 100% with Wyvern absent);
    Super Jump (stays the same)
    Valiant Jump (grants a 20% Damage taken shield for 30 seconds, generates a lot of enmity. If wyvern is out, effect and duration increase by 50%, this effect simultaneously applies to wyvern)

Merit categories would be adjusted to Jumps 1, 2, and 3 recast timers. Each category has a jump that benefits with the wyvern being out, a jump that benefits from the wyvern not being out, and a jump that is neutral.

My second idea was to repurpose and add new breath abilities.
    Heavenly Breath - AoE erase, recast 30 seconds
    Divine Breath - AoE cure, recast 180 seconds
    Spectral Breath - AoE barelemental, provides a unique buff that gives resistance to all elements (+100), duration 5 minutes, recast 10 minutes, stacks with barspells and runes
    Mighty Breath - AoE Embrava! duration 3 minutes, recast 10 minutes, exact same effects as Mighty Guard

Add enfeebling effects to corresponding elemental breaths. These effects would not be very potent, but provide a source when they may be otherwise unattainable. They would be overwritten by player enfeebles.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    My only issue with more JA's is where would we put them. My macro sets are completely full and at most I could make 1, maybe 2 more open spots. Something as simple as removing the ja delay associated with jumps and basically doubling our ws dmg would probably be enough. Pretty much every other job has far stronger weaponskills then drg and I've even seen some mage ws do more then anything I've done on drg before. I'm talking about people doing 30-40k damage weaponskills while I'm sitting here happy to see 15-20k

Quote Originally Posted by Syrrus View Post
    As a capped Job Points DRG, my wyvern gives me approximately 250 Attack and Defense as well as 15% Double Attack. However, when activating Spirit Surge I lose all of my JP related bonuses and Wyvern "EXP" benefits.

I can't think of another job that has such a penalty to using a One-Hour ability.

Losing our wyvern as an activation cost to Spirit Surge is too much. Perhaps losing the wyvern after Spirit Surge ends or resetting Call Wyvern similar to the jump timers would help mitigate this extreme penalty.
    I don't think I've used Spirit Surge in years at this point, probably since they started giving us buffs for having pet out. It's basically a nerf to use our 1hr and even if it isn't, it's not worth losing our wyvern. I'd rather risk dying then lose our wyvern for the next 20 mins. Even if we have a backup ready to be called, what if we die shortly after summoning it, then we are in the same boat.
    (2)
    Last edited by Helldemon; 04-12-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I assume by 'mage' you mean Blue Mage, because no other mage job can WS like that, and obviously no other DD job can either. BLU is just totally broken right now, so you pretty much just have to ignore it if you aren't keen on playing it yourself. From what I understand, 10-15k WS (on average) is pretty good for any other DD job in the game.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Sch actually. Also seen blu's and drk's and pld do that much as well. Bst ws are better as well. Idk how high they can get but just using them on my bst with no gear swaps beat out my drg most of the time with far superior gear and job master + gear swaps.
    (1)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I have SCH and SMN leveled and am fairly familiar with staff WS damage, so not seeing how SCH could pull that off. Though the magic WS do scale well with MAB, so possibly with GEO support they could push them that high. And that right there is most likely your problem, most jobs can do ridiculous amounts of damage with GEO support. However, I have personally seen BLUs pull off that kind of damage with no support whatsoever. That is what made me instantly think you were referring to BLUs.
    (0)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    1 year later. 1 or 2 drg remainss on each servers.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    I have SCH and SMN leveled and am fairly familiar with staff WS damage, so not seeing how SCH could pull that off. Though the magic WS do scale well with MAB, so possibly with GEO support they could push them that high. And that right there is most likely your problem, most jobs can do ridiculous amounts of damage with GEO support. However, I have personally seen BLUs pull off that kind of damage with no support whatsoever. That is what made me instantly think you were referring to BLUs.
    The sch had no support, as for the other jobs that is still 2-3 times more then what drg is capable of with the same buffs.
    (0)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I see, that is unfortunate. I was looking for another job to level and DRG seemed interesting. I was hoping it was at least competitive with other non-BLU DDs.

As for the SCH, are you perhaps referring to magic burst damage? I really cannot see how a staff WS could do that much damage un-assisted.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I am not. It was the staff ws, which ended up with 60k dmg SC and he bursted for something around 70-80k I believe. Been awhile since I've seen the picture so don't remember the exact MB number. The WS and SC damage stood out cause it made me realize how weak drg's ws are. I have parsed very close with some as /sam blu's on my drg however, one of which had Tizona.
    (0)
    Last edited by Helldemon; 05-17-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ok then. If that is all you are basing this thread on then nevermind. If you can indeed parse anywhere near a well played BLU then DRG has no problems whatsoever.*

I have SCH leveled and geared, I've also used staff WS extensively on WHM and SMN. I have yet to find a setup that will break 10k on any WS with no support. That picture was obviously under an extreme circumstance. Either heavily supported, or exploiting a specific mechanic (such as a primeval brew in either abbysea or walk of echos).

Also keep in mind that spike damage is not always an accurate representation of the amount of damage over time a job can deal.

*no problems in damage dealing capacity that is, almost all melee jobs (excluding BLU) have problems surviving endgame content
    (0)
    Last edited by Zekander; 05-20-2016 at 06:39 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast