Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Before we might never get them...

Ranger was never really a solo job, and being one or not these days only matters too much in areas you can't summon trusts, important areas do exist however that you can not summon trusts, or that the trusts die easy.

I always felt that Ranger held an untapped potential with status bolts and arrows. Most of these are far too old to be that useful to anyone however. At one time using sleep arrows to solo worms was a valid level strategy however, if expensive. Please give updated versions of all status and elemental arrows and bolts! Since I started playing I always hoped that SE would release Gravity arrows for ranger don't let my dream die! Having upgraded Ice, Fire, Earth, Wind, Water, Lightning, Dark, Silence, Paralysis, Silence, Sleep, Poison, and weakens attack would be great for ranger, who is seemingly left behind in damage, and only used for safety. Safety which with the enmity updates, aren't as nice as they used to be.

You gave us ilvl versions of the weakens defense (2 diff kinds of it actually) and light bolts, which were some of the most used and we thank you! However please deliver on the rest and give us a gravity arrow! Our bind is a great tool but with a large cool down and doesn't allow us to kite like black mages, red mages, scholars etc can, and now BLU gets gravity on their biggest damage AoE nuke while it also seems added as a free effect on various weaponskills. For a job that to perform best has to be at range, the ability to enfeeble without a huge DPS hit and also keep prey at bay would help fix some of the falling behind in damage and utility we have lost, and seem we will lose more depending on how ardor updates go.

I know not all rangers will be onboard with this change, but if given to them I don't know any that would not welcome ilvl versions of all status bolts and arrows. And if not this change, please consider something for Ranger as I see it falling behind, safety isn't a big concern with the enmity changes, we can't compete with melee dps who even the non SAM can self chain now or mage damage, then what is left for ranger? Our huge varied mandatory delay between each shot doesn't help either, it doesn't seem to even be affected by snapshot/rapidshot.
    (5)

It's possible to add elemental arrows and bolts with item level; however, we would need to carefully consider battle balance and maintain the relationship with other elemental magic attacks. For instance, if the stats are too powerful and it results in the replacement of elemental magic, then it may take away from other jobs that use elemental damage. Similarly, if these elemental arrows and bolts are not very powerful, they may not be used at all.

We understand there are requests for new types of arrows and bolts, but we cannot promise they will be added; however, we'll look into this and see if it's possible to add arrows and bolts with stats that don’t affect the balance of combat.

Also, we’re currently looking into increasing the archery and marksmanship skills for ranger; however, we do not have any plans for making adjustments to the distance modifier for ranged attacks.

As Eagle Eye Shot has already been given the maximum amount of ranged accuracy possible, we aren't planning to make adjustments to the rate of accuracy; however, we are looking into changing how this attack can be avoided by Blink and Utsusemi.

We’re also planning to make adjustments to Flashy Shot in the June version update.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If you do add more ilvl status bolts to the game, remember to put in some better crossbows too. Also put magic accuracy on the bolts so the effects actually land.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    If you do add more ilvl status bolts to the game, remember to put in some better crossbows too. Also put magic accuracy on the bolts so the effects actually land.
    agreed. a status bolt means nothing if it cannot connect, nor if it does nothing if/when it does connect. so crossbows that allow connection, for effect are quite necessary.

oh, and Eagle Eye Shot, the issue isn't just accuracy, it's that when it does connect it does less than a Weapon skill that can be spammed every 3rd-4th shot.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Similarly, if these elemental arrows and bolts are not very powerful, they may not be used at all.
    I understand the balancing concerns, don't want another situation like those I.Lv RNG only acid bolts that are sold like, once a month or less cause they're worthless to a RNG in almost every viable situation cause RNGs simply don't utilize crossbows these days...

Also, we’re currently looking into increasing the archery and marksmanship skills for ranger; however, we do not have any plans for making adjustments to the distance modifier for ranged attacks.

As Eagle Eye Shot has already been given the maximum amount of ranged accuracy possible, we aren't planning to make adjustments to the rate of accuracy; however, we are looking into changing how this attack can be avoided by Blink and Utsusemi.

We’re also planning to make adjustments to Flashy Shot in the June version update.
    I understand the Eagle Eye thing, think people are just upset (and rightfully so) about the 95% accuracy cap... which frankly I always felt was stupid but its a product of a much older era and changing that would probably cause the game to explode lol.

however, we'll look into this and see if it's possible to add arrows and bolts with stats that don’t affect the balance of combat.
    Perhaps a nice Item level Blind/Bloody bolt ? Just don't forget Thief... otherwise they'll be useless on arrival
    (4)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just curious as to other ranged jobs that might fit into this thread?

Wonder how and where cor in this way that's being talked about on the thread here can fit into this category being discussed ??

Kind of wish jobs got shields when the main job doesn't contain dual wielded two weapons ability for leveling up the job when not also subbing a dual wielding job could be added?->Specially for cor for example?
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-27-2015 at 09:39 AM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Verda
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thank you Grekmuh!

I second the notion of bloody bolts at ilvl that'd be amazin I also agree that EES main problem is shadows and when it does land... the damage it does is less than a weaponskill (Though perhaps against very high lvl monsters that is not true).

I would love higher accuracy/attack from skill for ranger! I always thought it odd we're supposed to be the master of ranged attacks and we don't have A+ in any ranged skills.

I also agree an ilvl xbow with magic accuracy/magic dmg on it would be a very nice compliment to ilvl status and elemental dmg bolts. The same could be said for status/elemental damage arrows. I think the best way to do it, however, especially to honor those Rangers who put in time for a mythic, would be put the magic accuracy and dmg on the ilvl bolts and arrows themselves.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by AtrixWolfe View Post
    Thank you Grekmuh!

I second the notion of bloody bolts at ilvl that'd be amazin I also agree that EES main problem is shadows and when it does land... the damage it does is less than a weaponskill (Though perhaps against very high lvl monsters that is not true).

I would love higher accuracy/attack from skill for ranger! I always thought it odd we're supposed to be the master of ranged attacks and we don't have A+ in any ranged skills.

I also agree an ilvl xbow with magic accuracy/magic dmg on it would be a very nice compliment to ilvl status and elemental dmg bolts. The same could be said for status/elemental damage arrows. I think the best way to do it, however, especially to honor those Rangers who put in time for a mythic, would be put the magic accuracy and dmg on the ilvl bolts and arrows themselves.
    Just wanted to add don't forget to add Corsairs Elemental Cards into the mix as well! ;-) I'd also like to add that i'd like to see corsairs elemental cards being able to sc or boost sc's in the mix of things when shot on time to complete it, That simply would be interesting too! ;-)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 05-30-2015 at 03:39 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It's possible to add elemental arrows and bolts with item level; however, we would need to carefully consider battle balance and maintain the relationship with other elemental magic attacks. For instance, if the stats are too powerful and it results in the replacement of elemental magic, then it may take away from other jobs that use elemental damage. Similarly, if these elemental arrows and bolts are not very powerful, they may not be used at all.
    Given the fact mages can MB 99999 dmg nukes or just spam 1-4k dmg T1 every couple of seconds I don't think you have to worry about taking away from mages unless you start throwing on 2k dmg additional effects on there... especially when the rng would have to worry/gear for ranged AND magic stats and can miss and get a resist. And can't even take advantage of elemental staffs like they used to since for some reason the macc of things a ranger shoots including there magical ws are for some weird reason based on mainhand weapon instead of the weapon actually doing those attacks
    (3)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

We understand there are requests for new types of arrows and bolts, but we cannot promise they will be added; however, we'll look into this and see if it's possible to add arrows and bolts with stats that don’t affect the balance of combat.

Are these new arrows and bolts still going to happen? I'm only asking because some of the new items with ranged and magic accuracy had me thinking about them again.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast