Character
    Keisar
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

BLU vs Nerrivik

Hello all,

I am trying to defeat Nerrivik as a level 99 BLU with Espial Set and Dual Wield Eminent Wand and Eminent Scimitar.

I'd like to know if anyone here has had luck soloing Nerrivik.
    If so, what trusts and spells should I use?

Previously I have tried stun locking Nerrivik by using the following

Weapon Skills: Brainshaker
    BLU Spells: Headbutt, Sudden Lunge

However, the stun effect on the blue spells don't always work.

SubJob: RDM

Trusts I have used:
    Kupipi
    Fablinx (For Stun spell)
    Rahal

Everything usually goes well until Nerrivik starts casting Sleepga and Silencega.
    The Bar- spells and Echo drops can only get me so far.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Not done a BLU Nerrivik solo but if sleepga is being a problem, poison potions are the answer, if you're running out of echo drops, you need more. Your gear and weapons not being ilvl119 will hurt you too, is it possible for you to do any skirmish runs, 119 weapons in particular will help with landing stun, as for trust I would drop Rahal and bring some sort of support, possibly Ulmia for Marches.
    (0)

How I solo nerrivik;

Open up with absolute terror and freeze him for 30 seconds, during that time melee him as quick as u can in the face until u see his HP appear, when terror runs out, use sudden lunge to stun his TP moves and use silence to stop him from using water attacks. Use saline coat and magic barrier and regeneration and phalanx and it's a very easy fight
    (0)

Character
    Keisar
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    @Tidis: Would Joachim be a good alternative?
    @evanwimbish: Would you use Azure Lore or simply Auto-Attack? Would the Blue spells to the face break the Lanterns? What trusts do you use?

What I have tried in the past is kill the pugil nearby and take Nerrivik far away from his spawn point. Then when Kupipi runs out of MP I would let Nerrivik use Mayhem Lantern. When Charm is over, I would re-summon my trusts and chase Nerrivik down. I'm not sure if Nerrivik heals during all of this or if he takes damage while his lanterns are up.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Joachim seems kind of weird. I know some people say they get double marches from him but in all the time I've used him I've yet to see him cast double anything. If you want more haste and aren't already using some kind of rdm trust I'd chose arciela
    (0)

I don't use trust, and I don't auto attack the monster once the lanterns are broken..... or ur just feeding him TP (reaving wind blue magic spell will take away ALL of the enemys TP which makes it perfect for when you want to spam magical blu magic spells with shadows up)

here is exactly how I solo tier V delve foret outside fracture (or inside)

I have 3 accounts, phagen , evanleewimbish, wolfevangelist evan is blu phagen is gjallarhorn krakenclub bard, and wolfevangelist is 90 HP per tick regen V for 7 mins and 525 enhancing magic skill phanlx

firstly, phanlx makes it so you receive less damage, there is NO CAP (this is proven because a weaker version of phalanx will say "no effect" but a stronger version of phanlx will "gain the effect of phanlx") so I recommend if your blu/rdm to make an enhancing magic equipset with enhancing magic armors (barrier tusk sucks ass, don't use it, use the spell PHALANX" if you combine phalanx with -damage taken or -physical damage taken armor then eventually you will receive 0 damage from a majority of attacks from any monster in vanadiel, which is how I solo most content.

secondly; when you melee an enemy the enemy gains TP, meaning if the enemy hits you enough times, he will gain his weaponskill, just like how we gain ours, the trick to not dying with blu mage is to spam magical blu attacks which the enemy is weak to , for example, nerrivik is a water fish monster so he is weak to birds and thunder (I havnt played the game in about 60 days now so Im starting to forget the ecosystem wheel) however spells like subuduction (with 2 clubs and full magic attack bonus armor on it should do 2500+ (mine was doing around 4700 before I quit because I had overpowered armor) so you literally just sit there and spam occulation (the number of shadows is based on ur blu magic skill, for every 50 blu magic points u get 1 shadow example 500 blu skill = 10 shadows) magic hammer (which will refill ur MP every 1 minute or so if u have proper magic attack bonus and clubs with magic damage + armors) and u could combine magic barrier (stoneskin for magic spells based on ur blue magic skill) with saline coat (-50% magic dmg taken which decreases over time) all this stacks with phanlx and regen which defeats the purpose of trust and defeats the purpose of additional party members, phagen my bard rarely used magical spells other than debuffs because bard cant do too much for a magical blu mage (even with the +50~75 INT from songs my damage wasn't too much more (since more INT = more magical damage from blu spells... evanleewimbish had about 400 INT from gear armor and merits so sage/learned etude went really too necessary unless I was fighting a monster with much more INT than I had, or if I had resist issues)

if anything use a redmage trust that will give you phanlx 2 and refresh lol but blue mage is a self sustaining job meaning it does not need help from other jobs

also , since I quit I feel I can share this secret...

HOW I SOLO DELVE VERSION 2 YORICA WEILD AS BLU SCH AND BARD

the tree is weak to tempest upheaval from 2 parts... he's weak to wind, and he's weak to insects so my tempests do 5k+ dmg and I just sit there and spam that and eat raffelisas (nearby enemy) MP with magic hammer, which spamming regen and phanlx with my scholar/rdm and I don't use phagens bard because its distracting. also subudction does 1300(resist)~3500 (unresist with good armor) so I use that when I'm trying to conserve MP but keep constant hate on me

after I successfully did this like 30x in a row, I started bringing other ppl for the win in my LS for free, after a while I could bring up to 2 extra ppl with me (party of 5) to defeat the tree which was pretty cool.

EVERY BLUE SPELL IS IMPORTANT AND EVERY BLU SPELL DOES SOMETHING DIFFERENT, so I highly suggest you look each spell up on ffxiah.com the beast within article , and bg-wiki.com and lastly ffxiclopedia.org and look at the entire blu spell list to see how each spell operates

magical blu spells will do NO DAMAGE in swords and u need clubs to maximize efficiency, the reason is because most of the level 99 + clubs have "magic damage + " on it which adds direct damage to your spell , so if you have a seekers of adoulin club with +122 magic damage that gives you about +375 dmg to your spell, meaning if subudction did 50 dmg, +122 magic dmg your subudciton would do 425 dmg + so if you wear 2 clubs then that's 800 dmg ect ect, meaning you need to make equipsets dedicated for exactly what you want to do with blu

if you want to melee with swords then make a melee sword equipset
    if you want to buff then make a 500+ blue magic skill armor equipset
    if you want to attack with magical attacks make a magic attack bonus equipset
    if you want to receive less damage make a pdt (physical defense taken- ) equipset
    if you want to have more INT make an INT equipset
    if you want to get quick TP gain to get to 100% TP (multistrikes armor / double attack / triple attack make a TP equipset
    when you want to maximize your weaponskill by equipping all ur DEX STR AGI ect then you have to make equipsets for specific wepaonskills
    ect

the HUGE benefit of blu is you can exploit EVERY monster in vanadiels weakness by equipping a spell its weak to, I highly suggest magical blue mage vs physical blu mage however I was over average with both.
    (0)

oh, and the reason why I spam magical blu magic spells and NOT physical is because magical blu magic spells give the enemy anywhere from 5-10% TP, physical blu magic spells give anywhere from 10% TP - 60% TP it depends on how many times your spell hits the enemy, ALL magical blu spells only hit once, even if they are AOE, physical blu spells can hit once (critical damage) or it can hit 2-6x example bludgeon hits 3x so that potentially would give the enemy 30% TP if all 3 attacks landed, or azuran claws is a 6? or 7? fold attack (I forget) so it would give 10% each time it landed, subtle blow helps out with this, however it takes too much subtle blow armor to make a difference, which draws away from the power of your spell
    (0)