Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Voidwatch style weakeners for Wanted battles.

If you want to unlock Empyrean weapon skills, you need to get all 18 Voidwatch city clears. Those aren't terribly tough, but new and returning players may have trouble getting a group, and trouble soloing. Luckily they at least have the options of throwing Phase Displacers/Voidclusters at the NM which can make them so weak that even a poorly equipped level 99 character can beat them all. Similarly, people can do this to higher tier NMs if they just want loot.

Wanted feels a lot like Voidwatch v2. They're pop on demand monsters. They come from swirly interdimensional vortexes. You can only pop a limited number. Any chance of getting a Voidwatch style weakener for them?

Mainly I really just want the clears for Records of Eminence completion purposes. It's tough putting together a good party. These monsters can be pretty tough and require rigid party configurations.
    (4)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I gave you an upvote, but I think what would really help would be if they allowed people to participate without having to spend accolades. Accolades can be annoying to earn, so people are much less likely to participate unless it's something they really want. Even a small reward for helping out would be great too, the same way VW fights gives you some XP and cruor even if you don't spend a voidstone.
    (2)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    accolades aren't annoying to earn. ooh, i turn on the quest and kill stuff, synth stuff, cure, buff, etc; you know, actually playing the game instead of sitting in Jeuno. I can go from 0 to 50k accolades very easily by killing stuff during the limited-time EXP challenges. If you want to know when they take place go to ffxiclopedia and type in limited-time challenges. The reason people don't participate normally in wanted battles is because they'd rather spend their accolades on refractives to get the augments they want on their capes. Most of the stuff from wanted battles is outclassed by alluvion skirmish augmented weapons/armor and so people just focus on upgrading their capes instead. There are a couple nice pieces of wanted gear... but most people seem to prefer focusing on skirmish and vagary atm instead as there are far more many items in those compared to the couple from Wanted.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Singforu View Post
    accolades aren't annoying to earn. ooh, i turn on the quest and kill stuff, synth stuff, cure, buff, etc; you know, actually playing the game instead of sitting in Jeuno. I can go from 0 to 50k accolades very easily by killing stuff during the limited-time EXP challenges.
    Haha no shit you can earn Accolades easily when you happen to be online for XP ROE. What kind of silly statement is that? Since you can only repeat the Gain Experience RoE during the three 3-hour windows throughout the week, you're basically saying that accolades aren't a pain to farm because it's really great 5% of the time.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I gave you an upvote, but I think what would really help would be if they allowed people to participate without having to spend accolades.
    I'd say that this is the real sollution, the fights themselves are easy enough as they are. People just aren't inclined to help with things that have no benefit for them when there's a cost attached to it.
    (4)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    I'd say that this is the real sollution, the fights themselves are easy enough as they are. People just aren't inclined to help with things that have no benefit for them when there's a cost attached to it.
    I find that the difficulty varies and some require specific setups. High level Serket is a beast. Boyahda Tree crab has such monstrously high defense I can't imagine beating him without manaburning. I still don't know how I ever beat Woodland Mender. How the heck do you stop that endless Benediction?
    (0)

Character
    Singforu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Haha no shit you can earn Accolades easily when you happen to be online for XP ROE. What kind of silly statement is that? Since you can only repeat the Gain Experience RoE during the three 3-hour windows throughout the week, you're basically saying that accolades aren't a pain to farm because it's really great 5% of the time.
    it is not a silly statement, I gave the most efficient way, doesn't make all the others not easy. almost all of the possible ways to get accolades are easy to get. stop AFKing in Jeuno and actually go do stuff. I mean come on... Unity Communique... yea all of 3 seconds to do. Home Point Comrade.... ooh, we're up to what 10 seconds? Vanquish multiple enemies (20) .... and there's another one vanquish a mob type (just happens to be 20) and can do both of those at the same time. ooh, ooh.... synthesis. you can sit in Jeuno and do those, and since they do not require a certain level of skill, even a level 0 in skill can do them with dirt cheap materials. You can also get accolades just for doing 500+ damage (which is exceedingly easy to do in today's game) or just getting spoils like crystals and geodes. Accolades are ridiculously easy to get, just get off your butt and go do them.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Okay let's see.

Unity Communique: 100 accolades
    Home Point Comrade (available every other day): 100 accolades
    Vanquish Multiple Enemies: 300 accolades
    Vanquish Mob Type: 300 accolades
    Vanquish Mob Type with Physical Damage: 400 accolades
    Vanquish Mob Type with Magic Damage: 500 accolades
    Total Successful X Synthesis: 300 accolades

Well great, we did all that and we got 2000 accolades. Maybe we got a few extra if we're in a terrible Unity. Now we can pop almost no worthwhile Wanted NM even once. By the way, you know that doing 500 damage 200 times is only worth 100 accolades?

Look, I'm not gonna argue that accolades aren't easy to get. I am arguing that they are annoying to get. Annoying enough that people often unwilling to spend them just to help out.
    (3)

Player
    Look, I'm not gonna argue that accolades aren't easy to get. I am arguing that they are annoying to get.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we have always had an issue with discerning the difference between annoying and difficult, after all, many of the best things in the game come from the former as opposed to the later(such as Relics/Mythics), so I think we've learnt to view them as synonymous.
    (1)
    Last edited by Demonjustin; 04-11-2015 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Mistyped a word...

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Well I guess I don't really want to delve too deeply into that. Farming accolades is easy, hard, annoying, or fun but the farming process isn't convenient enough for many people to rationalize spending accolades on NMs from which they do not want drops. Even for a friend.

Besides, how often have you done a Unity run where 1 person has to drop out early, then another person, then another because everybody has different amounts of accolades saved up? Just let anybody help out.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast